Texas Hunting Forum

LSC: Oasis on the Brazos

Posted By: B_Rod

LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/20/15 01:56 AM

Hot days in August are nothing new, but we finally figured out a great solution...kayak fishing on a cool running river. Here are some pics of a recent trip down the middle Brazos during one scorching Sunday a few weeks ago. The see more pics and read a little about our float, click here: LSC: An Oasis in August

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/20/15 02:24 AM

Awesome
Posted By: Stub

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/20/15 10:15 AM

That is a very cool way to spend a hot day, neat pictures, thanks for sharing up
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/20/15 11:26 AM

Great pics and story. Thanks for sharing. up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/20/15 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Great pics and story. Thanks for sharing. up

X2 up
Posted By: rickym

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/20/15 01:12 PM

Nice pics. Pretty part of the river there. It stays brown around here
Posted By: badger2b

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/20/15 01:16 PM

up
Posted By: txcornhusker

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/20/15 02:04 PM

up
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/20/15 06:48 PM

Very nice!!! Where did you put in and extract? My brothers and I have been wanting to make a Brazos River trip for a few years now. I'd like to do one with a few over night camping spots. Thanks!!!

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/21/15 12:06 AM

Chad...we put in below Whitney dam and took out at Dick's on Hwy 2114. There is a $6 per person fee to take out there. Dicks is on the right just before the hwy bridge.

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/21/15 12:07 AM

Thanks everyone for the kind comments...
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/21/15 01:51 AM

cheers
Posted By: booger

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/21/15 08:22 PM

Once got caught on the river there float fishing and had to spend about an hour under those bluffs holding on for dear life as a summer thunderstorm pounded the area with hail!! Caught a BUNCH of fish and had an insane amount of fun.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/22/15 11:30 PM

Chad that launch from Dick's just below Whitney dam is anywhere from a 9-hour float to a Nantucket sleigh ride depending on the release. A nice overnight float is from Highway 7 bridge to Highbank. The only downside is I wouldn't leave a vehicle at either place, oh and you'll have to portage at the Falls (it's just a high water crossing. You'll pull out, walk 15 feet, and put back in). You'll need to have someone in a "hover pattern" waiting to pick you up at Highbank. You can camp on the gravel bars all along that stretch. I grew up along that stretch of the Brazos and can probably arrange a launch, a safe spot to leave your truck(s) at Mom's house in Pleasant Grove, and a pickup at Highbank. Just holler at me and we'll set it up.
Posted By: barnez

Re: LSC: Oasis on the Brazos - 08/24/15 02:35 AM

Awesome pics, hard to beat to Texas
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum