Texas Hunting Forum

Possum!!!!!

Posted By: seacam

Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 01:17 AM

Saw this little guy today riding around on his momma. Tried to sneak up on them both but momma bolted and dropped the poor little guy. Took a few pictures with my phone and left him alone. He tried to get a little fiesty when I tried to get closer. They were out trotting around at 11am this morning.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 02:04 AM

Cute little dude. I always agitate them until they play dead. The kids think it's hilarious.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 02:15 AM

22 HP.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
22 HP.

This.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By: kry226
22 HP.

This.

Why? What did he do to you?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 05:08 AM

Nice pics.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
22 HP.

This.

Because I don't like them, because we have a history of not liking each other. Ever had a possum jump off of a shelf at night and try to bite your face, hissing sending you backwards through a sheet metal wall? roflmao Ever had one kill and eat all the guts out of your kittens when you were a kid? There are only two things I kill on site. Spiders, and possums. grin
Posted By: seacam

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 06:13 AM

I do believe the people in the apartment complex I was in would have had a hissy fit had I pulled out a gun!!!! People in the Austin area are a little weird like that.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 07:43 AM

22 HP.

This.

Because they eat things like quail and turkey eggs, or the young quail and turkeys themselves. Same thing with skunks and coons.

rifle
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: seacam
I do believe the people in the apartment complex I was in would have had a hissy fit had I pulled out a gun!!!! People in the Austin area are a little weird like that.

Aaaaaa....go for it...people in Austin are weird anyway.....
Posted By: Dude Lebowski

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 04:35 PM

He is doing an impression of a junction box? happy3
Posted By: passthru

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 05:06 PM

I've taken out quite a few possum without a gun. Boot stomp would have handled that situation. But in an apartment complex it might be worth it for the garbage clean up factor to have it around.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/01/15 10:34 PM

Should have caught it and fattened it up. I am willing to bet Chickenmann could even make that taste good.
Posted By: AllTheAbove

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/02/15 11:06 AM

Hah
Posted By: BAND OF BROTHERS

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/06/15 07:29 PM

22 HP.

This.

Because they eat things like quail and turkey eggs, or the young quail and turkeys themselves. Same thing with skunks and coons.

Yep, not to mention he diseases they carry. Most are invested with fleas this time of year.

rifle
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/06/15 07:49 PM

22 HP.

This.

rifle

Yup, I have a possum skull, vicious looking teeth.
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/06/15 07:51 PM

When starting my adult life, I had them get up in the underside of the trailer. They can make a mess of the insulation and stink up the place. Had a whole family, so I learned how to trap them and about 6 or 7 possums and the same number of 22 short hollow points later, problem was solved.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/06/15 07:57 PM

I would be more worried about that metal clad going in the ground eeks333
Posted By: postoak

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/06/15 08:00 PM

It needs a shampoo and some grooming. Where is that youtube lady?
Posted By: Chunky Dunk

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/06/15 08:25 PM

[

Because I don't like them, because we have a history of not liking each other. Ever had a possum jump off of a shelf at night and try to bite your face, hissing sending you backwards through a sheet metal wall? roflmao Ever had one kill and eat all the guts out of your kittens when you were a kid? There are only two things I kill on site. Spiders, and possums. grin [/quote]

That would make me kill them on site myself. I am the same way with Javelina's killed my dog when I was little.
Posted By: cm250

Re: Possum!!!!! - 08/08/15 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Ag Hunter 78
When starting my adult life, I had them get up in the underside of the trailer. They can make a mess of the insulation and stink up the place. Had a whole family, so I learned how to trap them and about 6 or 7 possums and the same number of 22 short hollow points later, problem was solved.

Had the exact same issue when we first got married, hate the darn things!!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum