Texas Hunting Forum

Drive to H-town and bought a goat

Posted By: BigPig

Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 03:09 AM

Or a Ram... Or a Dodge. Not sure what they are called these days. This was a huge change for me, been a Ford guy for many years, but after the issues with the last 2 trucks I decided to give a Cummins a try. Hit the road at 630am and pulled into dealers lot at 11am. 30 minute test drive, 20 minutes of haggling, 30 minutes with finance and I was back in the road in the new truck.

She managed 23.6mpg driving 75-80, I could get use to that.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 03:15 AM

I like your choice of color!!! up
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 03:19 AM

Just need some Rock Star rims. up roflmao
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 03:25 AM

Nice truck bud!
Posted By: Western

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 03:26 AM

Good looking truck BP..Take it by R noe and have them clean the windshield for ya. roflmao
Posted By: kry226

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 03:26 AM

I approve of this message. up

Specs on the truck?

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 03:29 AM

2014 Laramie with 15,015 miles. Black leather with heated/cooled seats, power seats, and gobs of power. It amazing how much better this drives over my 2008 Powerstroke
Posted By: one73maro

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 03:33 AM

Nice ride! up
Posted By: thruxton

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 04:34 AM

My condolences.

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
2014 Laramie with 15,015 miles. Black leather with heated/cooled seats, power seats, and gobs of power. It amazing how much better this drives over my 2008 Powerstroke

Nice. I'm really thinking about the canyon brown/beige interior. Congrats.

Originally Posted By: thruxton
My condolences.

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Western
Good looking truck BP..Take it by R noe and have them clean the windshield for ya. roflmao
And check the tire pressure...Great looking rig right there up
Posted By: 1okiebirdhunter

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 11:58 AM

Has anyone on the forum looked at or bought the 1/2 ton dodge with the diesel?

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: kry226

Those are sexy, I like looking at those but can't own anything other than silver. Way to easy to clean and very forgiving when scratched.

Thx guys, mama approved of this truck last night when she got to drive it. Although she was a little upset that I got it cheaper than her Ford Edge and it gets better mileage roflmao
Posted By: janie

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 12:23 PM

Beautiful truck and glad you were able to find one.

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 12:27 PM

Those are sexy, I like looking at those but can't own anything other than silver. Way to easy to clean and very forgiving when scratched.

Thx guys, mama approved of this truck last night when she got to drive it. Although she was a little upset that I got it cheaper than her Ford Edge and it gets better mileage roflmao

I'm talking lighter color interior as I hate a black interior. Too hot and shows too much dirt. I had a black exterior 2000 Z71 and while it was beautiful when shined up, it was very hard to keep that way.

Both of our vehicles are currently silver (both 11 years old). However, I'm thinking of going white on my next truck.

What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 12:59 PM

on my fifth Dodge, been good so far
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 01:51 PM

Good Looking Truck up
Posted By: thewrap

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: 1okiebirdhunter

I've test driven one before. They are really nice. If you think though you're gonna be able to save money on one over the gas version think again. Maintenance is killer on that truck. I think Ram charges $190 for an oil change.

To the OP nice truck. That will likely be my next choice.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: 1okiebirdhunter

A buddy of mine traded his 7.3 Superduty for one. Fuel mileage is way below stated. Gets about the same as my power stroke.

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 02:30 PM

I'm talking lighter color interior as I hate a black interior. Too hot and shows too much dirt. I had a black exterior 2000 Z71 and while it was beautiful when shined up, it was very hard to keep that way.

Both of our vehicles are currently silver (both 11 years old). However, I'm thinking of going white on my next truck.

What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

I gotcha. I told myself this time time that I was going to buy something different then what I always buy, which is silver exterior and black leather, well that didn't work out hammer I really wanted the Laramie Longhorn with saddle brown leather but wanted to get away from the center console because I needed more leg room due to a bad hip.

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 03:47 PM

I gotcha. I told myself this time time that I was going to buy something different then what I always buy, which is silver exterior and black leather, well that didn't work out hammer I really wanted the Laramie Longhorn with saddle brown leather but wanted to get away from the center console because I needed more leg room due to a bad hip.

I'm currently deciding on the console thing myself. I think I really like the bench, same as what's in my 04 Cummins.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 03:54 PM

Although she was a little upset that I got it cheaper than her Ford Edge and it gets better mileage roflmao

You paid less than $30k for a year old 2500 Laramie Cummins? banana
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 04:19 PM

Congrats nice truck.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/03/15 07:51 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/04/15 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
Although she was a little upset that I got it cheaper than her Ford Edge and it gets better mileage roflmao

That is a pretty dang good deal. Especially with only 15k miles.

cheers

Walter
Posted By: Tres

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/04/15 03:24 AM

Congrats, nice truck up

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/04/15 01:46 PM

Thank you Tres
Posted By: John2

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/04/15 06:00 PM

BP,that sure is a nice truck,congrats up

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/05/15 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: John2
BP,that sure is a nice truck,congrats up

Thanks John2.

And thanks to everybody else, in liking her. So far she's exceeded my expectations. I know it's only been 2 days but the fuel mileage is better than expected and the towing is great.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/05/15 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: wburke2010
Originally Posted By: TexFlip

That is a pretty dang good deal. Especially with only 15k miles.

cheers

Walter

Yea, how'd you do that?

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/05/15 05:02 AM

Somebody on my Randall Noe rant said I must be and a..hole to deal with. Maybe I am, but I got what I wanted for my trade, the interest rate and the term, and paid what I felt was a fair price. Maybe I am an a..hole to deal with

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/05/15 05:29 AM

Somebody on my Randall Noe rant said I must be and a..hole to deal with. Maybe I am, but I got what I wanted for my trade, the interest rate and the term, and paid what I felt was a fair price. Maybe I am an a..hole to deal with

Lol. That's the best price I have ever heard of! flehan

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/05/15 03:50 PM

If you can find me another one like yours for 30k I will give you a 3k finders fee.

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/05/15 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: BOONER

If you can find me another one like yours for 30k I will give you a 3k finders fee.

My wife said I should start a company finding and buying vehicles for people since I have a knack for it, that sound too much like work
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/05/15 11:54 PM

Or just buy and sell. The cheapest 2014 Cummins quad on eBay right now is $39k and its a Tradesman.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Drive to H-town and bought a goat - 07/05/15 11:59 PM

I'd have to say I do like the color too.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum