Texas Hunting Forum

I know, I know....

Posted By: billyhunt

I know, I know.... - 07/01/15 09:09 PM

everybody that has not got the rain we have, is tired of hearing all the griping that we have BEEN real lucky to get. But was looking at the post crosshare put up and decided to go riding on the place on the 4 wheeler, and this is what it looks like. Wish it was as dry looking as crosshare post looks. It will be a while before a disc hits the ground, and oh its a light rain now as I type. Really no rant, just wish

a bunch of others could enjoy!!
Posted By: JD05AG

Re: I know, I know.... - 07/01/15 09:18 PM

The playa lakes around here had just started to dry up until the 2-5" rain yesterday!
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: I know, I know.... - 07/01/15 09:35 PM

Good deal JD, I know its been DRY for ya'll up there. Wish like heck ya'll could have had about the last 6" that we had.
Posted By: rickym

Re: I know, I know.... - 07/01/15 10:50 PM

And the 7" we've had in the last two days
6" of it was yesterday afternoon
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: I know, I know.... - 07/01/15 10:52 PM

We've been in a week long drought here. Got 6 inches a week ago Sunday. Lake Texoma stopped going over it's spillway at 9 this morning. But they're calling for more this weekend. I ain't complaining though. I just hate it when it comes in the house.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I know, I know.... - 07/02/15 04:53 AM

We will take any rain, even too much.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: I know, I know.... - 07/02/15 03:55 PM

I've got hay on the ground that I've been trying to get baled since Saturday but these pop-up showers have other ideas. It was dry enough Monday we could have rolled it but it was too damp to square bale. Then it showered again while we were there testing it. Trying again tonight.

Thank you for the rain, Lord. Hay can always be bought; grass can't always be grown.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum