Texas Hunting Forum

Mowing today- bad snake down

Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/10/15 02:34 AM

So I'm out mowing today and this bastage shows up under a trailer tire. 250 yards to the closest tank!

Posted By: janie

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/10/15 02:57 AM

Favorite kind of snake. Dead. All this rainfall will have them moving.

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/10/15 03:00 AM

My neighbor killed a moccasin in a cactus pile! Maybe they are in the process of evolving to being "dry land" snakes since its been dry so long...
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/10/15 03:13 AM

Never good up
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/10/15 03:28 AM

It's a good looking snake now. Hate em. cheers
Posted By: Stub

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/10/15 01:27 PM

Cottonmouths to me are the meanest boogers of them all, good job up
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/10/15 01:40 PM

Curious what all this rain is gonna do with snakes this year. I'm hoping they all drown and die around my lease but I'm sure that won't happen.
Posted By: breadman

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/10/15 03:07 PM

ya know if someone could invent some kind of snake repelent or(RAID FOR SNAKES) or somthing besides good ole shotguns and shovals , a man could possibley get rich. kill`um all , they all look better DEAD !!
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/10/15 03:21 PM

cheers
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/11/15 12:30 AM

Nice kill
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/11/15 02:56 AM

That one needed to be dead. Good job!
Posted By: rborn

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/11/15 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: breadman
ya know if someone could invent some kind of snake repelent or(RAID FOR SNAKES) or somthing besides good ole shotguns and shovals , a man could possibley get rich. kill`um all , they all look better DEAD !!

True statement!

I saw a few different prevent formulas at the Walmart in Fredericksburg this weekend, almost looked like a lawn treatment; not sure if they work though.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/11/15 10:03 AM

gross
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/11/15 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: tdecker22
It's a good looking snake now. Hate em. cheers
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/13/15 01:05 PM

Venomous with a detached head, now that's the way I like them. up
Posted By: Boomer57

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/13/15 01:12 PM

Like the ditch blade for killing critters, sharp edge, weight for momentum, long handle for distance. Snakes, opossum, and coons in DPcuffs have been dispatched by mine.
Posted By: bp3

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/13/15 04:50 PM

It seems the cottonmouth are expanding their range further to the west. rifle
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/13/15 05:51 PM

I picked up a Kaiser Blade that was sittin' there by the screen door. Some folks call it a Sling Blade, I call it a Kaiser Blade. It's kindly a wood handle, kind of like an axe handle. With a long blade on it shaped kinda like a bananer. Mhm. Sharp on one edge, and dull on the other. Mhm. It's what the highway boys use to cut down weeds and whatnot. Well, I went in there, in the house, and I hit Jesse Dixon that snake upside the head with it, mhm. I reckon that didn't quite satisfy me. So I hit him again with it in the neck, the sharp edge, and just plumb near cut his head off, killed him.
Posted By: 007hunter

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/13/15 06:23 PM

Yep...Kaiser blade is a great tool for making short work of any snake...does good work on sod, saplings, dense undergrowth, etc...

It's a giant multi-tool...

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/13/15 07:40 PM

Back home in Alabama we always called 'em Bushaxes....
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/13/15 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67
I picked up a Kaiser Blade that was sittin' there by the screen door. Some folks call it a Sling Blade, I call it a Kaiser Blade. It's kindly a wood handle, kind of like an axe handle. With a long blade on it shaped kinda like a bananer. Mhm. Sharp on one edge, and dull on the other. Mhm. It's what the highway boys use to cut down weeds and whatnot. Well, I went in there, in the house, and I hit Jesse Dixon that snake upside the head with it, mhm. I reckon that didn't quite satisfy me. So I hit him again with it in the neck, the sharp edge, and just plumb near cut his head off, killed him.

roflmao
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/13/15 10:01 PM

Glad you civilized the brute.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/13/15 11:08 PM

up up up
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/13/15 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback

roflmao

cheers I was thinking the same thing.
Posted By: BlackSnake

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/14/15 12:08 AM

I hate water macockisians!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Mowing today- bad snake down - 05/14/15 04:11 PM

"I ain't proud of what I done, but I done it, Mhm".
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum