Texas Hunting Forum

Rodeo time!

Posted By: GUTIT

Rodeo time! - 04/26/15 09:19 PM

Rode back in the day, miss it at times. Watched a couple sons of my old travel partners compete . I Worked and rode at Mesquite Arena and scored some great seats. Got a few pics, I apologize for the pic quality.

Bull named Black Velvet, hard to tell from pic, but his hind end is rolled completely sideways. Magnificent animal.

This young man is a friend of my sons from Stephenville, only man to cover a bull and won it all.
Posted By: janie

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/26/15 09:21 PM

Great pic's.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/26/15 09:29 PM

Great pics.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/26/15 10:26 PM

up
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/27/15 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Great pics.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/27/15 07:56 PM

Some Cowboys and Cowgirls will be sore today.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/27/15 09:21 PM

Great pics! Makes me feel old tho! bang
Posted By: JCB

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/27/15 09:31 PM

Awesome pics! Last time I was there was about 4 years ago. A neighbor has a suite there and wasn't going to use it on opening day so he offered it to me complete with a fridge full of beer, and all you can eat chicken and beef fajitas. I got together a group of people and we had a blast!!!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/27/15 10:01 PM

Very cool cheers I remember my Bull ridings days cowboy Used to wear them out until I ran out of quarters laugh

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/28/15 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Very cool cheers I remember my Bull ridings days cowboy Used to wear them out until I ran out of quarters laugh

You just liked the wimmens, I remember you .
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/28/15 01:02 AM

GUTIT, about what years? Ole boy I ran around with, his brother was clowning at Mesquite after his days in the PRCA. If remember right he was the first one to wear pink, pink straw, etc....

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/28/15 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: billyhunt
GUTIT, about what years? Ole boy I ran around with, his brother was clowning at Mesquite after his days in the PRCA. If remember right he was the first one to wear pink, pink straw, etc....

The Mcllvains , Frank Sr. To be exact , was involved in bullfighting with Mesquite Rodeo for 40 years, his sons rode bulls and were bullfighters. Terry and Glen rode bulls, Frank Jr., Chris, and Lance are/were bullfighters.
A few others filled in over the years.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/28/15 01:56 AM

Know who your talking about. The friend im talking about was in the early 80's late 70's. His name is David Burnham. Used to run with his brother. His dad used to ride before it was PRCA and he rode for a long time in the Old Timers. Was just remembering the olds myself. Thank you sir!!!!!

Re: Rodeo time! - 04/28/15 02:25 AM

Anytime Amigo! Sometimes those old memories give a person a kickstart.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum