Texas Hunting Forum

Pig skulls do it yourself

Posted By: HardcoreCarnivore

Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/23/15 09:00 PM

Here's how they come out after the boil
Already had little green paint on the inside of the mouth but it came out great after the boil, now for the finished product
I've got a collection started here and going to keep doing the bright colors like how they come out
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/23/15 09:05 PM

Those are very cool!
What kind of paint is that?

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/23/15 09:10 PM

It's this specialty kind for crafts things you can get it at hobby lobby or micheals, I like how the have turned out and they are small bottles and it's one bottle per head
Posted By: Stub

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/23/15 10:57 PM

Very cool looking up

Question on those long cutters. Was that the length naturally sticking out? I have been told that the tusk/canines go back into the jaw bone and can be pulled further out confused2 True or bs
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 12:13 AM

Those look great. Like the idea.. up

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 12:22 AM

Yea they are sticking out farther than they should, in my mind it looks better but it's not actually how much was sticking out when I shot them. But it does make for a good conversation and they look good in my book. Hard thing is to get them glued very well
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 01:01 AM

Nice work.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 11:21 AM

Nice up
Posted By: High Country Archer

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 11:44 AM

Cool. I have seen some that were Camo Hydro-dipped that looked cool as well. I would like to try that sometime.

Did you epoxy the inside of the cutters? You may know this already but the cutters are hollow at the base and are easy to break if they are not filled.
Posted By: Dogpaddlin

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 01:39 PM

Pretty neat, I may give it a try! I wonder how my wife is going to feel about it...
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Dogpaddlin
Pretty neat, I may give it a try! I wonder how my wife is going to feel about it...

"No, no, sweetie. It's not a digusting pig head because it's pastel. See? Awww, look how pretty..."
Posted By: DustyWyoming

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 02:36 PM

Cool up

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 04:04 PM

Yea I epoxyed the cutters but they are still hard to keep from cracking, I went little different approach this time on the pig as for what I used and I also covered the outside in the areas they seem to crack with a white clearish nail clue to see if it keeps it from separating

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 06:42 PM

Here's my other collection for pigs I shot in the head so skulls wouldn't have turned out
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Pig skulls do it yourself - 04/24/15 09:57 PM

grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum