Texas Hunting Forum

Who on here does this? Not for me

Posted By: GUTIT

Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/01/15 10:59 PM

Not me. If it doesn't have a motor in it or hair on it, Big Daddy won't be on it.

When I was a kid I would ride my bike just far enough to grab hold of a passing truck and hang on until it turned off or they caught me.

They will be all over this summer, in the traffic lane,,,,,, slowing down Ol' Scooter.
Posted By: breadman

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/01/15 11:30 PM

yep !! agreed with ya . looks like road hazzards .
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/01/15 11:37 PM

I'm sure I could dig up some old pics of a few on here that do that bolt
Posted By: boonee

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/01/15 11:38 PM

Yep, has to have a motor. For me to get out on the road.
Posted By: Texsun

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/01/15 11:48 PM

Is that outside Wichita Falls ?
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 12:01 AM

Nope. And they will ride around here during grain season, when combines, tractors, and grain trucks are trying to move from field to field. BIG PAIN in well you know where!!!!!!
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 12:06 AM

Not since before I got my drivers license. No more bikes for me after that

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Texsun

Yes , it is. I have a couple of projects up here.

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 01:33 AM

Well GUTIT it looks like Jesus is on their side, at least that what the sign says.
Posted By: Txkiller

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 02:33 AM

At least they're not holding up traffic! realmad
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 03:20 AM

The back roads around my place are clogged with Lycra'd Lance Armstrong wanna be's on the weekends. Especially in the Spring. Can make for a real hassle just heading to the feed store.
Posted By: tex70

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 03:25 AM

^^^^ Irritating as hell in my area! Of course, I live fairly close to Austin so it's not real surprising
Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 05:12 AM

I hate bikers. And in a college town with 35,000 students, the annoyance is increased by 10 fold. They are everywhere!
Posted By: SCone

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 05:48 AM

I did that ONE TIME.... after the bear bottle was tossed across my face.... I quit highway riding.........
Posted By: Stub

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 10:15 AM

I don't, seats hurt my Butt nuts
Think it is great for those that do as long as they do not impede traffic hammer
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
I don't, seats hurt my Butt nuts
Think it is great for those that do as long as they do not impede traffic hammer

The problem is, they always do.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was some dork on his $3000 bike apparently thought a truck didn't give him adequate room or something and decided to pull into Buccee's (off 290 in Cypress) to confront the driver. He rides up as the guy is getting out wagging his finger and scolding the guy, but didn't check to see who the driver was first.

Big ol' bearded guy wearing a leather motorcycle vest gets out and absolutely is having none of it. Screaming at him, guy on the bike was terrified and everyone was laughing at him as he tucked his tail and tried to get back on his little douchemobile to get away.
Posted By: Kevin_M

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Txkiller
At least they're not holding up traffic! realmad

It seems that's all they do anywhere near me, and when go around them somehow I am the A-hole???? mad
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 01:09 PM

Elect me President and I will ban all bikes for people over 14 years old flag
Posted By: Txkiller

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 01:23 PM

Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 01:49 PM

You see Scooter running or pedaling that means I am out of Ammo, probably means you should run also or at least a face paced clip roflmao

In all seriousness I came in ace of running over two of them in Lakeway last year leaving Willies Course...Popped a Hill and it was close, real close, little bastages slung it up in 3rd pedal gear when they seen I couldn't stop bang

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 02:04 PM

Had a herd of them over in Grapevine, riding in that special lane JUST for them, one joker was trying to be cool on his leotard thingy and cut into my lane trying to pass them. My tow mirrors were out as I was pulling one of my goosenecks. He got tapped on his left shoulder and about wadded up the whole pack. I had nowhere to go and couldn't stop on a dime.
Pulled over and got ready for a pedal biker beat down, amazingly the leader or "boss" apologized and told the others " this is what happens when you don't respect vehicles"

I drove off kind of happy. Is that bad? If it is, I don't give a rats azz. I hate em'.
Posted By: Dogpaddlin

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 02:25 PM

My brother is a very even tempered kind of guy. One of the few times I have seen him loose it was a couple of cyclist riding up a hill in Lake Tahoe (he lived out there for a couple of years). They were riding right in the middle of the lane and had traffic backed up for a mile solid and had no intention of letting anyone pass. When my brother did finally get around them I was genuinely concerned he was going to throw his door into them! Not sure I would have blamed him if he had...
Posted By: Western

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 07:28 PM

Living in Colorado, that was a daily thing. You could be 50 miles from a town and run up on 20-30 in a group. Some of them wimmens don't look to bad in spandex though scared
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/02/15 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Txkiller

Now that is funny
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/03/15 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: GUTIT
Had a herd of them over in Grapevine, riding in that special lane JUST for them, one joker was trying to be cool on his leotard thingy and cut into my lane trying to pass them. My tow mirrors were out as I was pulling one of my goosenecks. He got tapped on his left shoulder and about wadded up the whole pack. I had nowhere to go and couldn't stop on a dime.
Pulled over and got ready for a pedal biker beat down, amazingly the leader or "boss" apologized and told the others " this is what happens when you don't respect vehicles"

I drove off kind of happy. Is that bad? If it is, I don't give a rats azz. I hate em'.

I'd of paid to see that roflmao

I can't stand when they pedal down backroads that have no shoulder. You get a pack of them on there and with any traffic they will back everyone up. Either stick a motor on the damn thing or find a shoulder
Posted By: Dave3575

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/03/15 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin

I'd of paid to see that roflmao

all i can picture is gutit's big bear paws wrapped around some scrawny spandex wearing peddle bangers throat and it's cracking me up.
Posted By: BA223

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/03/15 01:03 AM

Not me. And I get really annoyed with 'em out here on small Farm to Market roads with no shoulders... I wonder why if they are given full use of the roads and highways, they don't have to pay to register those things like a car, or trailer being used on the road???
Posted By: janie

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/03/15 01:35 AM

It's no different here either. We have one lone mom and pop store left in the heart of old town Prosper. Bill and I stopped one morning on our way to the lease to pick up water and a couple breakfast sammich's.

A group of 30 in spandex stopped as well, and proceeded to bad mouth everything and everyone. No Starbucks. No energy drinks. Only one bathroom. Sorry excuse of a store, blah blah blah.

Looking back, we should've thrown the truck in 4 low and ran over every one of their damn bicycles.
Posted By: Texsun

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/03/15 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Texsun

Yes , it is. I have a couple of projects up here.

I used to ride from Midwestern State to Jolly and back in the late eighties, recognized those mesquite trees.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/03/15 02:36 AM

It's always fun coming over the hills on our road to find a gaggle of em when you have 14k on your rear end. Nowhere to go but down a deep ditch. Probably one of the only times I'm glad I can get a little puff out oft straight pipe

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/03/15 02:44 AM

Sniper, you said Lakeway, you from this area( Austin) ?
Posted By: tex70

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/03/15 04:02 PM

Western's right about Colorado. These idiots like to go up Trail Ridge Rd which can already be a bit scary in a car much less on a bike. It's a disaster waiting to happen imo
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/03/15 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: billyhunt

I don't think there is enough money in the world to move him to Austin.

I have in laws in lakeway. Pretty area, but not for me
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/05/15 05:06 PM

Not me but it sure is fun to use a train horn behind em
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Who on here does this? Not for me - 04/06/15 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: billyhunt

I don't think there is enough money in the world to move him to Austin.

I have in laws in lakeway. Pretty area, but not for me

No Sir..Have a good friend that lives there and go play Willies Course often..and like BoBo said, lovely area but I couldn't do it..
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum