Texas Hunting Forum

Bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post

Posted By: okbowhunter

Bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 06:49 PM

Hunting with Rafter F Hunts this past November I had a bobcat come in and he attacked my deer decoy. It was pretty wild I didn't expect him to do this. I have more video but my phone ran out of memory. I had to try to delete old video then start recording again.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 06:53 PM

Posted By: thewrap

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 07:05 PM

And you didn't shoot it?
Posted By: Leever

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 07:59 PM

Cool vid
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 08:03 PM

pretty neat video...thanks for sharing.
Posted By: East

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyinVA
pretty neat video...thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Tim9880

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 08:10 PM

Nice video.
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 08:24 PM

up
Posted By: Hogslayer5L

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 09:23 PM

Thats crazy. Would have been crazier if it was a real buck!!
Posted By: Espy

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 09:34 PM

now thats a crazy video. that cat is gonna be a fawn killing machine
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 10:16 PM

And people say coyotes won't try to kill a deer.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 10:23 PM

up
Posted By: Stub

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 10:24 PM

Neat up
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 11:03 PM

Thanks for sharing. Pretty neat.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 11:09 PM

Crazy.
It looked like it just jumped up and pushed the decoy over with his feet. More like he was playing than attacking.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 11:27 PM

Neat. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 11:38 PM

That's pretty cool.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/22/15 11:44 PM

cheers

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/23/15 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Crazy.
It looked like it just jumped up and pushed the decoy over with his feet. More like he was playing than attacking.

That's been my thought almost like he expected it to run and when it didn't he was either testing it or just playing. I don't know why I didn't kill him I guess it was just cool to watch him. When he finally left out he walked right underneath me.
Posted By: Redneck78

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/23/15 02:26 AM

up

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/23/15 01:27 PM

Added the other two videos to the post.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/23/15 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: thewrap
And you didn't shoot it?
Posted By: NMGW

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/23/15 10:34 PM

up
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/24/15 10:27 AM

That wasn't its first deer to jump on. What it felt through claws and feet wasn't normal. I think that is why it bolted.

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/24/15 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: bobcat1
That wasn't its first deer to jump on. What it felt through claws and feet wasn't normal. I think that is why it bolted.

bobcat1, I'd say you are likely the resident expert cheers
I agree as well it looks like he hits it and immediately reacts bails off because something wasn't right.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/24/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Neat. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/24/15 04:24 PM

He's just having a little fun with you. Looks like he just wanted to kick it over.
Posted By: Nike

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/24/15 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: okbowhunter

I agree as well it looks like he hits it and immediately reacts bails off because something wasn't right.

That's how I saw it too. I've seen a cat stalk a deer once. I didn't let the entire scene play out...
Posted By: Dogpaddlin

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/24/15 05:03 PM

Very cool!
Posted By: newulmboy

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/24/15 06:56 PM

This past season, I had a bobcat put a stalk on a fawn. The doe wasnt paying too much attention to its fawn, as she was under the feeder eating. The fawn was playing around in the middle of a field about 30 yards away from its mother. I saw the bobcat gliding across the ground out of the corner of my eye. The darn thing was fast, but I was lucky enough the cat stopped about 10 yards away from the fawn to hide behind a cactus before making a leap at it. Too bad for the cat, shes now at the taxi.

Can't believe you didnt shoot that cat.
Posted By: Geronimo509

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/24/15 07:32 PM

I would have shot it just so it doesn't hang around and ruin the hunting
Posted By: kmon11

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/24/15 10:12 PM

Bobcat that is on the wall tried to get a small doe I was watching, the cat missed, I didn't.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/24/15 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted By: thewrap
And you didn't shoot it?
X 2. Cool videos though
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/25/15 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: okbowhunter

Don't know about the expert stuff but common sense and watching animals that have been tricked for 50 years makes me think this is what happened. It's just my opinion. I like educating young bucks with rattlin horns and young jakes also by standing up when they least expect it and saying BOO! Sure funny. My old friend Johnnie Hudman taught me about this. I guess scaring things always makes me chuckle. roflmao
Posted By: Dirt

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/25/15 03:50 PM

Hunting a pasture on the Pitchfork Ranch back in 2011 or there about I had
multiple bobcats attempt to sieze my deer. As in I had a hold of the hind legs,
the bobcat (the first one) had a hold of the neck, and it was a tug of war.
Long story short, I shot that one with my .45, a second cat appeared to take
my kill and I shot it, then a third appeared, I shot it but don't know if that was a good hit. I was out of ammo at that point and climbed into the bed of a pick-up to wait for reinforcements to arrive. Sounds like a tall tale but it isn't.

I'll never foget that entire afternoon.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/25/15 04:02 PM

had that been a real deer, I feel like the bobcat might have lost that battle. what was the plan after jumping on its back??
Posted By: DustyWyoming

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/25/15 04:26 PM

up

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/25/15 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
had that been a real deer, I feel like the bobcat might have lost that battle. what was the plan after jumping on its back??

I thought the same thing. First of all I don't think the bobcat would have gotten all the way to a live buck like that across that field. If he got lucky and did and jumped on it he would have been in for a ride.
Posted By: Whitecrow

Re: This bobcat attacked my deer decoy ......... been meaning to post - 03/25/15 06:48 PM

Cool videos. I had a coyote attack a turkey decoy once. Happened so fast I didn't even get a shot at the 'yote.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum