Texas Hunting Forum

Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus.

Posted By: Stub

Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus. - 01/24/15 01:59 AM

Last weekend the Oil company decided it was a good time to rework the well again during hunting season hammer
So I went over to my neighbors place to dig up a couple of Pine tree saplings, there were not any small ones so plan B.
They have a bunch of cool rocks that Momma nature prettied up for all to see. Also saw this neat cactus, have you seen one this color?

Posted By: conifer

Re: Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus? - 01/24/15 02:23 AM

That color indicates a dying or recently dead section of cactus.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus? - 01/24/15 12:44 PM

Nice pics my friend. up
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus? - 01/24/15 01:12 PM

Beautiful sandstone. If you set those around the house, don't let the tapwater hit 'em. Chlorine will kill the lichens 2cents
Posted By: Western

Re: Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus? - 01/24/15 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: conifer
That color indicates a dying or recently dead section of cactus.

What I have seen as well. Wish I had a neighbor with rocks like that they want rid of.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus? - 01/24/15 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Beautiful sandstone. If you set those around the house, don't let the tapwater hit 'em. Chlorine will kill the lichens 2cents

So true, you see it all of the time. People using them in there landscape, neat looking at first, after 3 months or so they have a bunch of big orange colored rocks. Now a lot of them still look nice in the landscape, but I bet there is a lot of home owners that wonder what the heck happened to their pretty rocks confused2

The only place I have them is in my Cactus Garden, where I do not have to use water grin
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus? - 01/24/15 01:43 PM

Good Stuff Amigo!!!
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus? - 01/24/15 01:51 PM

The cactus will do that if it freezes.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus? - 01/24/15 01:53 PM

I own a landscaping business and we love to use the moss rocks like that in our landscape designs, we try to find the ones that are the most unique with moss and lichens growing on them.
Posted By: pyledriver

Re: Rock Paintings & Bronze Cactus? - 02/01/15 02:06 PM

I do too Sparrish-have you heard that you can use uncultured yogurt to bring them back? As long as they're not totally gone that is. Told to me by a stone yard out here and it works!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum