Texas Hunting Forum

What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)...

Posted By: Shadeabby

What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 02:18 AM

As my year starts to wind down and other things become a priority i was sitting at my desk reflecting on my year of hunting and i have to say its been one of the better i have had in quite a few years. Many memroies made and many new friends as well.. Ill do a recap with a few pictures as it will be nice to be able to look back upon here and be able to see how it all came togther. These are from the begging of 2014 till this past week.

I finished the 2014 season up with my First trip to Oklahoma to hunt Brad Albeck of Albecks adventures. Im not a sales for him but i can promise youll ill be making many more trips there. It was a little slow when we went late last season but i he promised to make up for it this year... More on that later. this was the result of 2 days of hunting (group of 5) there in Jan of 2014.

After wrapping up the season with a few Rabbit hunts i was done until my trip to Africa in June..

I left for my life long dream of hunting Africa on May 29th. I went there with Adom Batot from Doubleshot outfitters and i have to say it was everything i expected then some. I wont Post the pics again as i have here already but here is a link to my old post..
http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5162365/1

Well after that I thought it would have had to be a really good season to even top it.. then i realize how much i love hunting and it didnt matter how good it was just that i was still able to do it..
This year iu was able to get 2 new comers on there first deer. One a youngester 12yr and then a buddy of mine from work. Here is a picture of me my buddy and his first buck.. Needles to say hes hooked!

After Hunting hard for my self a few weeks and not seeing the one i was after i figured a trip back to OK was in order... so I gave Brad a last minute call and just so happen he had room for me. The week i was there he was filming a show for Drakes mygration nation. I hunted there for 3 days and he did more than make up for the year before like promised. Here is 3 days worth of hunting.

I came home from there and headed to south tx to do some more deer hunting... Did not see the buck i was after but did a little managment on a cull buck..

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 02:19 AM

I came home and after seeing my pictures from OK my brothers and a few buiddies wanted to go... So i did the only thing i could see right soon as i got off work the next week... i went back with them. It was a bit slower than my first trip but we still had a great time.The best thing about this trip was i had finally got my pup back from the trainers and got to see months of money and time at work. I ebjoyed every minute of it. She has to struggle with some of the bigger birds but she never gave up!!

I got home from OK on a Sat.. That monday Morning at 4am i was headed back to my lease in STX. I had to make a few stops on the way so i didnt get there till 2:30pm. 3:00 and I was in the blind. 3:15 the one i have been chasing all season walks out at 300yds. Needless to say he didnt get much time after that.

Like i said this has been a hell of a year and who knows what ill be getting into over the summer. I have stayed in touch with Adam quite a bit so a last minute trip to Africa isnt out the question lol Anyway hope yall enjoy the pics as much as i enjoy the ones i see on here when im stuck offshore not being able to do any what i see but i am able to live trhough yal a few weeks at a time.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 02:53 AM

Congrats. You had a heck of a year. up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 03:14 AM

Good year!
Posted By: C B

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 03:36 AM

That's what I'm talking about! Good work!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 03:41 AM

cheers
Posted By: kry226

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 11:19 AM

I'd say it was a pretty good year. up
Posted By: Stub

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 11:23 AM

That was one hell of a year, congratulations and thanks for sharing cheers
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 01:23 PM

Congrats on a heckuva year! Great pics!
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Congrats on a heckuva year! Great pics!
up
Posted By: Ronnie Oneal

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 01:45 PM

Thats a lot of shotgun shells! Fun times im sure...... cheers
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 01:51 PM

What a year indeed. Great story and pics. Congrats on the nice animals. cheers
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 07:12 PM

Very nice Shade.
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: bucksnbass357
Congrats. You had a heck of a year. up
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/23/15 07:58 PM

Sounds like your living the dream!!
Posted By: turbotj

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/24/15 12:27 AM

So your the one creating the ammo shortage!

Great Year!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/24/15 01:08 AM

Good Times up
Congrats Sir

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/24/15 01:16 AM

I know Shade personally, he is hard core. Always has been. Now only if he had better luck with trucks... grin

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/24/15 01:22 AM

HAHAHAHA yea if my luck with trucks was as good as my luck with hunting id still be driving my first truck... I never thought I would look forawrd to the end of hutning season till i started traveling so much... that feeling usually goes away after being at work for 2 weeks though lol

Re: What a year it has been!!! (pic heavy)... - 01/24/15 01:25 AM

up Hope all is well buddy. cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum