Texas Hunting Forum

Redneck Technology

Posted By: Canadian Black Bears

Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 06:13 PM

Here is some redneck technology at it's best. Frying up some tasty smelts on the open pit grill.....hahahahaha

Never throw out your grills if anything goes wrong with it other than the cast iron, my brother and I saved this old grill and it has been of great service at his camp....

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 06:15 PM

cheers Cooked up some bacon and eggs like that last year.. Worked much better than I had planned!

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 06:18 PM

Absolutely, we have cooked deer and bear steaks on this and they have turned out perfect, mouth watering as I think about them.... chef
Posted By: RDNCK

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 06:23 PM

Yes sir, have one at camp we use like that quite often with our cast iron skillets, love it
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 06:23 PM

I always cook breakfast at deer camp this way. Keeps the cabin and everything in it from smelling like bacon. Lay some foil on the grill and you can fry bacon like nobody's business.
Posted By: rugern01

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 06:29 PM

We had an old gas grill that we converted to charcoal. It still had the knobs to adjust the propane flame and it was always fun to ask a new visitor to turn the flame down. Remember, it was converted to charcoal. LOL

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 06:36 PM

This one we just fill with hardwood and turns whatever it cooks into mouth watering delicious everything food
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 06:44 PM

Looks good. I cook that way all the time over mesquite. Home or camp. I use a cast iron skillet or flat iron griddle food
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 06:50 PM

Looks like the beer killing and grilling was good also by those empty cartons in the background. cheers

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 07:20 PM

Yeah for sure....we have used hickory chips...works and smells wicked

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Looks like the beer killing and grilling was good also by those empty cartons in the background. cheers

Hahahahaahaha...that was just part of them. No fears we made sure the camp and surrounding area is always cleaned up banana
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 10:04 PM

up

Brrr....gotta be cold up thar!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Redneck Technology - 01/19/15 11:11 PM

Well played... food
Posted By: walkertj2

Re: Redneck Technology - 02/09/15 07:20 AM

Yep, looks like an aluminum alloy body. My dad had one similar to that growing up. We took that camping many times. Best grill we ever had to date! The lid finally got a crack in it and broke years ago. We tried to replace it, but as luck would have it, learned that model was no longer made!
Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: Redneck Technology - 02/09/15 02:34 PM

I thought that was just common practice lol

Re: Redneck Technology - 02/10/15 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: walkertj2
Yep, looks like an aluminum alloy body. My dad had one similar to that growing up. We took that camping many times. Best grill we ever had to date! The lid finally got a crack in it and broke years ago. We tried to replace it, but as luck would have it, learned that model was no longer made!

Actually, it is cast iron and this rickedy ole thing has been around a long time. Hard to find cast iron grills anymore here in Canada as, like you say, most are aluminum alloy. This grill cooks the most meats ever as we have used smoker chips which bring out a wicked taste in everything grill
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Redneck Technology - 02/10/15 02:56 PM

Throwing stuff away requires effort. Just move it over a bit.

Re: Redneck Technology - 02/24/15 12:42 AM

You sound like my wife.... lol35
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum