Texas Hunting Forum

Tis the season

Posted By: Txkiller

Tis the season - 12/25/14 03:41 PM

To drop some swine yingyang

I had a good friend of mine wanting a piece of the action and it didn't take long to find it this was his first thermal hunt and he was stoked. I spotted 6 pigs with the thermal the winds were out of the south to our advantage he set up the tripod and I got "pork chop" ready. The pigs were working their way to us, I spotted a big one to our left I handed him the rifle and told him to take his time when it turns broadside put that bullet in its head. Moments go by because he didn't have a shot then I hear him say I'm ready click then boooooom, I heard the infamous thump and then the grin hit my face I knew he drilled em. I grabbed the rifle for a follow up shot but I missed, he ended up drilling a huge sow right behind the ear at about 150 yards. We both looked at each other knowing it was going to be a PITA to get her back to the road. We started dragging and something dark ran out in front of me I thought it was a coyote or deer I looked with the thermal and it was another group of hogs maybe a dozen of em not even 20yds in front of us....... I mounted thermal and started ripping into em I drilled two instantly and Wade says "watch it watch it" and a hog flew by me not even 5 yds but I didn't see it I was to busy shooting roflmao. I ended retrieving three, by far one of the craziest hunts this year those damn pigs gave us a workout by the time we got them back to the road the sweat froze on our chins but it was worth it. up

I'm very thankful to have the oppurnity to hunt like I do, there's something about being out here that cleanses my soul gets me and my mind away from chaos and madness that lingers over us on a daily basis. You guys have a blessed Christmas and enjoy it in peace.

We look grumpy but we were just tired and wanted to get it over with tired

Wades awesome headshot

Posted By: 7mag

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 03:45 PM

Fire up the smoker! Good job
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 03:46 PM

cheers
Posted By: themoonrulz

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 04:30 PM

Well said brother.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
cheers
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 04:45 PM

Good job there. What area are you shooting so many of them around 380. I am just south of you by the powerplant and we don't see any around me.

Walter
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 05:10 PM

Good job.
Posted By: East

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 06:42 PM

Nice
Posted By: 68A

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 08:19 PM

Nice!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 10:32 PM

Ear Holin Machine up
Posted By: KG68

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 11:01 PM

Killer you're gonna have'em all kilt fore I ever see one. I guess I should consider myself lucky uh? grin

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 11:05 PM

Appreciate the feeback up

Originally Posted By: KG68
Killer you're gonna have'em all kilt fore I ever see one. I guess I should consider myself lucky uh? grin

Nah there will be plenty of them left it's literally an epidemic here that I'm enjoying grin
Posted By: SR025

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 11:40 PM

rock_on
Posted By: TEXASCAT95

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 11:55 PM

Your handle definitely fits you! Well done, sir. What ever happened to DJones? He always had some good hog stories as well.

Re: Tis the season - 12/25/14 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASCAT95
Your handle definitely fits you! Well done, sir. What ever happened to DJones? He always had some good hog stories as well.

He left the forum but I'm positive he's still at it I really enjoyed his stories as well.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Tis the season - 12/26/14 02:20 PM

Great story and hunt. Fun, fun, fun. cheers
Posted By: texretvet

Re: Tis the season - 12/27/14 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
cheers
Posted By: burkie38

Re: Tis the season - 12/27/14 12:47 AM

coolpics
Posted By: passthru