Texas Hunting Forum

New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard

Posted By: texasspazzman

New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/24/14 05:05 PM

Finally got caught up on customer's stuff and did one for myself. Good old Rio with pretty good spurs and beard.

Posted By: BMowatt

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/24/14 05:08 PM

I like it
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/24/14 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BMowatt
I like it
Posted By: kmon11

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/24/14 06:23 PM

Long beard and nice hooks on that gobbler. Good looking display
Posted By: SenderoTaxi

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/24/14 07:01 PM

the skin on those legs will dry up, lose their color, flack off and/or start growing nasty stuff.

i recommend you strip off all the scales and stuff under them off and get it down to bone, then dap with a little peroxide to whiten them after washing good with dawn.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/24/14 08:56 PM

up
Posted By: mbavo

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/25/14 01:33 AM

Looks good !

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/28/14 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: SenderoTaxi
the skin on those legs will dry up, lose their color, flack off and/or start growing nasty stuff.

i recommend you strip off all the scales and stuff under them off and get it down to bone, then dap with a little peroxide to whiten them after washing good with dawn.

I don't think so...
They were soaked in preservative and I added a sealer. I have one that's considerably older, and it still looks the same. wink
Posted By: Stub

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/29/14 12:57 AM

Pretty cool up
Posted By: kry226

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/29/14 03:12 AM

Looks great. I've been looking for a good mount for a double bearded bird I took down this past spring. Where did you get the mount? Make it yourself? Need a lead. Thanks!
Posted By: Mankussm

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/29/14 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: kry226
Looks great. I've been looking for a good mount for a double bearded bird I took down this past spring. Where did you get the mount? Make it yourself? Need a lead. Thanks!

I used this one, and it worked out great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007P2T61K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: kry226

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/29/14 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Mankussm

I used this one, and it worked out great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007P2T61K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks! I'll check it out. I've got a beautiful Rio just laying around waiting for the right mount.
Posted By: Western

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/29/14 01:15 PM

That is a hell of a paddle up

Re: New turkey fan w/ spurs and beard - 12/30/14 04:23 AM

Made it myself. Normally do a bunch of euros every winter. Just started adding a few turkey fans this year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum