Texas Hunting Forum

What animal left this print?

Posted By: Duck_Hunter

What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 01:01 AM

Bad picture, and I apologize. The top one looked like a deer but I can't figure out the bottom one. Looks like it has claws. Could be a dog, but it's a weird place for a dog. I was bank fishing and had to walk through some pretty thick brush to get there. I don't think anyone else goes to this spot, due to its location and other, more easily-accessible spots nearby. It's definitely not a spot for someone to let their dog swim, but I'm stumped as to what it could be. It's near downtown Fort Worth, just outside the fence line of a junkyard, so I'm not even sure why there would be deer or anything else in the area. I've never seen anything like that and I live nearby. We do have a lot of stray dogs in the area though.

Posted By: Dennis in Ft Worth

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 01:09 AM

Canine--both of 'em.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 01:11 AM

Coon
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 01:15 AM

I would go with dog.
Posted By: Mambajeep

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 01:19 AM

Lab

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 01:23 AM

Ok, guess I was right. Just a weird spot for a dog. I'd rather that than something else. Thanks for the feedback.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 01:40 AM

Claws obvious, dog.
Posted By: DesertHunting

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 01:43 AM

You have four different tracks there. Top is rabbit, far left is coon, then you have a track on top of a track. The one headed to the right is a canid and the one headed to the left is feline as I see it.

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 04:10 AM

What kind of feline are you thinking? Feral domestic-style cat or bobcat? That might have been throwing me off, that it was two tracks in one.
Posted By: DesertHunting

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 05:14 AM

Without having anything decisive to show size, based off these pics I would lean more towards the track going left being from a feral cat and the track on top being that of a fox. This is just going off of comparison to an average rabbit track size which is shown at the top.

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 02:27 PM

We do have fox in the area, so that makes sense. Forgot about them. Thanks for the input, everyone.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/14/14 11:21 PM

Cujo....rrruuuunnnnnn..................................
Posted By: Stub

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/15/14 12:03 AM

Sasquatch

Re: What animal left this print? - 12/15/14 06:23 PM

Sasquatch did cross my mind.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum