Texas Hunting Forum

Not easy but worth it.

Posted By: Txkiller

Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 05:06 PM

Spent three hours in the stand last night and saw absolutely nothing not sure if my scent was getting thrown around or it was just one of those nights. Finally I broke down and started doing what I do best spot and stalk the first pasture I hit I spotted eleven doe's in one corner wtf, but I also spotted something small on the opposite side and the body language told me right off the bat it was a coyote! Not sure if some of you guys remember my last post about the coyote blowing my hunt well this was that coyote she was trying to howl back at some other yotes in the distance but this yotes howl and yelp is rough almost like she lost her voice that's how I knew it was her. I missed her once already this week, she worked her way to a dirt pile and laid down on top of it I had a good cross wind and couldn't tell if she was actually laying there or trying to take a nap. I was able to get right around 150yds and she still wasn't moving which told me this damn yote is out cold.... I laid there for a while and changed thermal to black hot took a deep breath and took the shot but to my disappointment I was low about three inches and she ran off. I thought I hit her because she didn't really dart off and the mound look liked it was covered in blood but it ended up being the bullet and the heat it generated. I checked the area and could not find her I sat on the dirt pile looking around and then I started walking back and you guys won't believe what she did next she came back out and smelled my track on the mound and ran back to the tree line she popped her head back out again and I drilled her on the third shot at 119 yards this time I was on white hot.... She had the mange and it probably had her weak and making bad decisions looks like she made her last one. After I retrieved the coyote I checked southern part of the property and immediately spotted some pigs eleven to be exact. The sounder heard the quad and started to move the pack off the property I shut the quad off and put a pursuit angle on them and got within range before the left the property, I grabbed the nearest t-post and set the rifle on my forearm I waited for that sounder to stop and I drilled her at 129 yards the group ran off but not far I hit a second one but the thermal for some reason shut off by the time I got it back on I couldn't tell where it went but it didn't go down. I found some more hogs later through the night but they where on the wrong side of the fence and all I could do is watch... mad

Sorry for the long read, I'm giving them a break for a few days I have to get my self back on schedule for work. crying

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 05:07 PM

Good job!!! up
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 05:11 PM

Well done sir!!
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 05:16 PM

Nice shootin. rifle
Posted By: Mambajeep

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Good job!!! up
Posted By: KG68

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 06:06 PM

Nice job Killer. Warm enough for the snakes to be out ya know. rofl
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 06:08 PM

good job killer

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 06:08 PM

Thanks everybody.

Originally Posted By: KG68
Nice job Killer. Warm enough for the snakes to be out ya know. rofl

I saw one yesterday that got ran over, hell I was sweating when I dragged that sow last year this time we where snowed in.......
Posted By: East

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 06:15 PM

been doing work lately
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 06:18 PM

Nicely done sir up
Posted By: Curly

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 06:18 PM

flehan
Posted By: yeti2009

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 06:42 PM

Nicely done!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 07:26 PM

Well done. Carry on the mission. cheers
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 09:22 PM

You are a bad man, my Brother
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/11/14 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Good job!!! up
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/12/14 01:30 AM

up
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/12/14 03:24 AM

up
Posted By: texretvet

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/12/14 04:21 AM

Awesome! I like that rifle.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/12/14 12:25 PM

cheers

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/12/14 12:56 PM

Appreciate the feedback cheers
Posted By: Okiedog

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/12/14 01:35 PM

Good job. Appreciate the pics and story.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/12/14 03:02 PM

Nice pig
Posted By: Bluegoose

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/12/14 04:44 PM

You've been on em lately, well done!
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Not easy but worth it. - 12/12/14 07:45 PM

up
banana2

Well done

Congrats