Texas Hunting Forum

My buck from last week, video of the hunt

Posted By: Mfloski

My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/02/14 08:24 PM

posted a pic a few days ago, but here is a quick little video highlight of the hunt.

11pt eats a 140gr Accubond!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/02/14 08:29 PM

Nice deer congrats.

Werent you talking about how the 280 AI put them down DRT? Seems like neither of the deer you posted in the videoes were DRT.
Posted By: rattler03

Re: My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/02/14 08:31 PM

That's a big-bodied deer, congrats!

Re: My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/02/14 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Nice deer congrats.

Werent you talking about how the 280 AI put them down DRT? Seems like neither of the deer you posted in the videoes were DRT.

he didn't' make it 10yrds....I'd call that DRT. The doe dropped and rolled, if that ain't DRT, then I guess we will argue semantics. lol

Re: My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/02/14 08:35 PM

Eh to each their own but DRT means bang flop neither was. Lot of people I know would have shot that buck twice.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/02/14 08:45 PM

Eh to each their own but DRT means bang flop neither was. Lot of people I know would have shot that buck twice.

I would have...

DRT means bang-flop to me, but still a cool video. I like seeing kill shots with some footage. Thanks for sharing and nice buck up

Re: My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/02/14 08:49 PM

ok ok, it didn't flop dead, although I do say the doe basically did....but he certainly didn't make it but a few steps. For a deer this size, I'm still impressed with its punch vs relatively light recoil.

Re: My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/02/14 08:56 PM

The vidioes are always cool to watch and I also love the caliber, my sendero will likely become either a 280 AI or a 6.5-06. Some day.

Again congrats on a great hunt.

Re: My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/02/14 10:06 PM

The vidioes are always cool to watch and I also love the caliber, my sendero will likely become either a 280 AI or a 6.5-06. Some day.

Again congrats on a great hunt.

Thanks man, I love capturing stuff like this on video. Fun to watch down the road to re-live the experience.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/02/14 11:37 PM

Great video!!!
Posted By: Da-MOON

Re: My buck from last week, video of the hunt - 12/03/14 05:33 AM

Nice deer and cool video. Those are always nice to look back on later. To me it's a little better than a picture.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum