Texas Hunting Forum

Foard County

Posted By: Herroutdoors

Foard County - 11/27/14 04:08 AM

Spent 4 days looking hunting and did not see a single deer. The drought has really taken it's toll on them. I did manage to squeeze off 3 rounds.

Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: Foard County - 11/27/14 04:20 AM

Nothing wrong with a couple hogs and a dog!
Posted By: East

Re: Foard County - 11/27/14 07:21 AM

Man 4 days and not even 1

But nice killing
Posted By: Herroutdoors

Re: Foard County - 11/27/14 08:16 AM

Not a one.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Foard County - 11/27/14 10:14 AM

Lots of grass for a drought in those pics. But at least you found some game to shoot.
Posted By: TexasUplander

Re: Foard County - 11/27/14 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Lots of grass for a drought in those pics. But at least you found some game to shoot.

The drought has been devastating up here in the panhandle and one decent summer damn sure doesnt end a drought! I would expect someone called stxRANCHMAN to know that but i am just a dumb farmer.😁
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Foard County - 11/27/14 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuckw
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

The drought has been devastating up here in the panhandle and one decent summer damn sure doesnt end a drought! I would expect someone called stxRANCHMAN to know that but i am just a dumb farmer.😁

I can understand that since I have been well below average rainfall for 5 yrs, some years 50% or less. Here it is either chicken or feathers. Get normal rain for a month then nothing for 3 months. Just a statement about there being grass in a drought.
Posted By: TexasUplander

Re: Foard County - 11/27/14 11:10 AM

2005 was our last good wheat crop. Over 40 bushels on dryland! Been downhill since then. I have field where it used to be common to see upwards of 100 deer at any time. Last year the most i saw at once was 6 or 8. I cant emphasize enough how bad the drought hurt our deer numbers!!! Lots of twins this spring but i cant convince folks to lay off killing does for a while to let them come back. It will take years to rebound.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Foard County - 11/27/14 11:23 AM

Congrats! At least you saw something to pull the trigger on!
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Foard County - 11/29/14 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Congrats! At least you saw something to pull the trigger on!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum