Texas Hunting Forum

Wife's First Deer

Posted By: Mountain Man

Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 02:56 AM

Went out to the lease this last Wednesday since I had a few days before I start a new job. I got a call from my wife on Friday and she told me she was thinking about coming up to the lease. One of my buddies came up Friday and he brought his wife with him to the lease. I called my wife and let her know she would not be the only woman in camp and that sealed the deal, she was coming. Luckily one of my other buddies was coming up Friday also and my wife was able to ride up with him. My wife has hunted with me one time about five years ago and shot a boar hog and got pretty excited then. It took me by surprise when she wanted to go hunting Saturday morning. We saw quite a few deer that morning but none she wanted to take. After the morning hunt I was able to show her around the whole lease and she fell in love with it. We headed back out that afternoon and were seeing quite of few deer movement early. Around 4:30 I saw a large bodied deer walk across behind the feeder in the brush and I could tell it was a buck and he was not going to come to the feeder. I told her to watch where I thought he would come out on the fence line, and luckily he stopped and starting eating where we had corned on the fence line. When she saw him she said" Oh My Goodness", and I could tell her blood was pumping when she told me she wanted to take him. I told her to put the Ruger 270 out the window slowly and get on him with the scope. She told me she had him in the scope but he was not broadside. I said just be patient and he would turn for her and he did. She said she was ready so I took it off safety and told her to put the cross hairs right behind his front shoulder and squeeze the trigger when she felt she had it on him. She quickly told me she was shaking too bad to keep it on him so I put it back on safety and told her to take some deep breaths and we would try it again when she calmed down. She waited until he turned broad side again and she said she was ready again. She got on him and I took it off safety again and she let it go. She made a perfect heart shot and he fell right in his tracks. She jumped up out of her chair and let out a scream and gave me a high five. She wanted to go down to him right now and I had to tell her we needed to give him a little time to make sure he was down for good. After the longest five minutes of her life I told her we could go down and see him. She got down and ran down to him before I could even get out of the stand. When I got down there with her she was grinning ear to ear and told me that she never felt a rush like that and she knew why we do it. Needless to say it was a great weekend and it was great to spend it with my best friend my wife.
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 03:00 AM

Awesome story and great buck!!!!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 03:04 AM

Awesome! Congratulations to your Wife! And you! It's nice to hear your wife is your best friend...my wife us my best friend too!
Posted By: WBYHunter

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 03:05 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 04:07 AM

Congrats.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 11:30 AM

Congrats cheers
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 12:52 PM

Congrats to your wife on a great buck! Congrats to you for getting to share an exciting and successful hunt with your best friend, wife! Great story!
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 01:00 PM

Nice story. Hoping my wife will connect on her first this year. Congrats
Posted By: erniejs

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 01:08 PM

Awesome !!!
Posted By: don k

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 01:11 PM

Congratulate her on taking a very good looking Buck.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1
Congrats to y'all cheers
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 02:11 PM

Congrats to your wife on a very nice first buck. cheers
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 03:15 PM

She sounds like the type of hunter that I want in my deer camp. Those that are excited about the hunt.
Posted By: EastTexasHag

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 04:28 PM

Thanks for sharing the story. Congrats to the Mrs. Mrs. Hag is still the same way----excited when a nice buck walks out. Can't say much, I am too. If I loose that I'll quit hunting.
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 05:17 PM

Nice Buck1 My wife will come sit with me, but still can't quite get her to shoot yet. Congrats to your wife
Posted By: Duck Em' Woodie!

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 05:23 PM

up
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 05:29 PM

Cool stuff.
Posted By: TxYoteHunter

Re: Wife's First Deer - 11/18/14 05:43 PM

Congratulations to her. Great looking buck.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum