Texas Hunting Forum

Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning....(updated)

Posted By: stxranchman

Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning....(updated) - 11/15/14 04:29 PM

peep

More pics to follow later......

Updated with pics and storyline of the hunt on page 2
Posted By: Chris42

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 04:36 PM

Beautiful deer!!
Posted By: Mambajeep

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 04:39 PM

rifle
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 04:44 PM

SniperRAB killed the Sheriff?
Posted By: Texican

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 04:44 PM

popcorn
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 04:51 PM

popcorn

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 04:54 PM

I knew you'd break down and get your dog a hunting license!
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 04:55 PM

worthless

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 05:13 PM

peep Gotta run but will give more details later.

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 05:13 PM

cheers
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 05:15 PM

banana
Posted By: Western

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 05:17 PM

You where say'n about no need for a HF roflmao
Posted By: Texican

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 05:24 PM

Awesome 8
Posted By: don k

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 05:25 PM

A really good looking Buck.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 05:36 PM

Sniper shot the Sheriff...but he did not shoot the deputy!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 05:41 PM

cheers
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 05:55 PM

Man I really wanted to see that buck next year
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 06:15 PM

The one he whipped won't be a slouch next year
Posted By: kry226

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 06:17 PM

banana2
Posted By: Cueman

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 06:34 PM

Damn nice buck! Congrats!🔫
Posted By: TTU22

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 06:36 PM

Great looking deer! Congrats!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 06:39 PM

I want one like that.

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
I want one like that.
add myself and the other 54317 members to that list LOL

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
peep Gotta run..........

......from the law....popcorn

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
peep Gotta run..........

......from the law....popcorn
clap
Posted By: Mako My Day

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 07:56 PM

sweet!!

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 08:39 PM

When are we gonna get some details??? coach violin

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: kry226
When are we gonna get some details??? coach violin

STX will have to bond out 1st I guess confused2
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 08:48 PM

hanged
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 09:03 PM

elmernow where's that wabbit
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 09:40 PM

One time at Band Camp...

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 09:46 PM

Sorry about the delay but had to take pics, gut, skin, and quarter the buck. Then took meat to processor and cape to taxidermist.
Here a link to this buck also. http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...sheriff_in_town

When this buck made his presence known on Thursday afternoon I took a lot of pics of him before, during and after the fight he had (pics in above post). After the fight he ran/walked the other buck off the area. I immediately made a call to my cousin. My cousin is more a like brother to me. At the age of 7 his Dad was in the Air Force and killed in a head on collision coming home from San Antonio one evening. 3 months later his Mother had a stroke that left unable to speak and her whole left side of her body paralyzed. He moved in with us after that.
He has hunted off and on his whole life but never had killed anything over 110" or so. The past 2 yrs he has helped my Mother and myself out with my Dad when he was in a nursing home or hospital. He would stay during the day with my Dad when I would stay at night. After my Dad passed away in late March this year he has continued to help me with my Mother. So I wanted to get him a good deer last year and it just did not happen. Same for this year. So when I saw this buck on Thursday get in the fight, I called him and asked him if he had to work on Friday. He said no, but was coming down to hunt Friday afternoon and my place in Live Oak County. I said you need to come down tonight to hunt this big 8 I just saw in a fight. He said well he would be there late morning. I said no, this is a really big 8 and described the buck to him. He said "I will be there in an 1 1/2 hours. roflmao
Friday morning we left the house here at 5:30 and got in the blind early. Had deer on the corn and oats at daylight. Lot bucks and does but not the big 8. We hunted till 1/2 hour after the last deer left and called it quits. We got back in the blind that afternoon at 3:30. Saw quite a few does early then finally a few bucks really late before dark. Big 8 was still did not show. I was afraid now this buck was like some of them in the past, he would make 1 appearance then never see him again.
This morning I woke up to the sounds of light rain/drizzle running off the roof. I liked that and the fact it was 41 degrees. We hit the blind and got settled in by 5:45. Daylight took forever with the heavy cloud cover and intermittent drizzle. It was pretty cold with the damp air and wind gusting around. Saw a lot of doe and fawns and quite a few bucks. Just not the big 8. I was fully expecting to see the big 8 come in from the east since that is where he came from the other evening. At 7:05 he stepped out from the brush onto a road but from the west. I took a 1 second look and told my cousin that is the 8. He said are you sure and I get ready, I am going to open the window so move slowly. He was watching another buck that was looking our way so he waited. The big 8 was broadside but turned away from us eating corn on the road. He then turned quartering to us. I said can you hit him high in the shoulder on the point and go through vitals? He said yes. I said well...BOOM..squeeze the trigger when you are ready. hammer Buck's butt folded under him and he hit the ground. I asked him did the shot feel good and he said yes. I told him chamber another round and get your rifle on him. He said, he ain't going to get up. I said no get another round ready and your rifle on him. I could see him kicking and his legs straight out. I knew he had hit higher than where he was aiming, due to his legs above the ground. He said no the shot felt good. The bucks was still kicking, I said hit him again thru the brisket into vital. He was excited at this time and the buck was kicking his front legs, so when he shot he hit the dew claw on the right leg when the buck kicked. The bullet fragmented into the calf muscle and into the brisket and into the vitals. In a few seconds he quit moving.
This pic is from the other day but this is how he was standing in the shot and he was maybe 5' to the right of the this exact spot. He dropped in his tracks.

Here are 2 pics of the buck after we got to him.

My cousin had a little bit of buck fever after the shot and still after we left to go to town 2 hours later. The buck was about what I thought for body weight and he was 5.5 on age. That is what I thought also. I did not ask him how his rifle was sighted in before we started hunting but after we headed to town, I did. He said it was about 2.5" high at 100 yards. So that is why he hit the buck a bit high and just under the spine in the excitement of seeing the buck so quickly and unexpected. Dang fun hunt and a really great buck for this area.

Posted By: txshntr

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 09:52 PM

That is awesome!!! Congrats to your cousin and kudos to you for returning the favors in your own way. That is a fantastic 8 and sometimes it is more fun and rewarding of a hunt to watch someone else take it and have the chance to be there when they did. up
Posted By: Payne

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 09:53 PM

Great story and great pics, congratulations to your cousin & you.

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning....(updated) - 11/15/14 09:53 PM

STX, heck of a story SIR, Cant think of anyone better to deserve that buck, Congrats to both of you fellas up
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 09:54 PM

Congrats

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 09:55 PM

All I can say is that I do get excited when someone else is going to shoot. We sat from 40 minutes or so watching deer with the windows all shut on the blind. No problem with windows fogging up. I opened the window in front of my cousin and left mine closed when he got ready to shoot. The window in front of me fogged up about when he was about shoot for some reason. hammer
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 10:08 PM

Great story and hell of a buck!!

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 10:22 PM

Outstanding...
Thanks again Cuz! I owe you rofl

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 10:24 PM

Little Jokey Joke roflmao

Congratulations to him Sir!
Great write up and simply an outstanding Animal up
Posted By: Curly

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 10:30 PM

cheers up
Congrats!
Posted By: JCB

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 10:33 PM

That's about as nice as they get! Congrats to him!

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 10:44 PM

Sounds like that buck couldn't have been killed by a better more deserving guy.
Posted By: Tres

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 10:46 PM

Heck of a buck!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Curly
cheers up
Congrats!

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 11:17 PM

Congrats to your cousin.
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 11:22 PM

cheers Nice

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 11:27 PM

cheers Thanks guys
Posted By: don k

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 11:42 PM

You are a good person Ranchman.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 11:50 PM

Very nice buck and an exceptional gesture to say the least. That's a life time trophy!

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/15/14 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Payne
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 12:03 AM

Congrats on the great buck.
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 12:07 AM

Dang, that's a nice buck. Congrats on an exciting, successful hunt.
Posted By: Finfeathernfurr

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 01:21 AM

Law don't go round here law dog. Great buck and story!
Posted By: Judd

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 01:34 AM

Congrats, that is an amazing deer!
Posted By: cibolo

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 03:05 AM

Congrats to your primo first off. Second to you for offering the opportunity. My cousin who is a year younger than me is more of a brother and we have been running together since we where born. His father was killed in a car accident in San Antonio when my cousin was about 5. My grandparents basically raised him and we took him hunting any chance we got. At the age of 39 he had never taken a buck so this year we decided to put him on one. Last weekend is when he got it done. This buck might break 100" but you would of thought he was B&C by the excitement in his voice on the phone hours later. This guy started college at 35 with having a wife and young daughter and a full time job he will graduate in May. So I told him on this trip that next year we are making a spot for him on the lease. So he will finally be on his own deer lease.

Southtex when I started reading your story it hit home for sure. Awesome job!!!
Posted By: Cattleman

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 03:19 AM

Awesome deer . Hunting with family is what it's all about . Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Dodge_Rock

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 03:41 AM

angel

Your brother from another mother sounds so deserving. Thanks for sharing stories of a good man and the hunt. The 2014 Sheriff will be remembered.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 04:24 AM

Great story and a mighty fine buck. Congrats to you both
Posted By: KG68

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 04:55 AM

Great story Stx. up
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 05:04 AM

What a stud. I'd have shot the sheriff too!!! Hell I'll shoot the deputy of you need me to
Posted By: Justin T

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 05:38 AM

cheers
Posted By: tex70

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 05:54 AM

up
Posted By: Finfeathernfurr

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 08:33 AM

May have missed it in the reading but any green score?
Posted By: Seadog

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
That is awesome!!! Congrats to your cousin and kudos to you for returning the favors in your own way. That is a fantastic 8 and sometimes it is more fun and rewarding of a hunt to watch someone else take it and have the chance to be there when they did. up

X2
Posted By: pprince

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 01:19 PM

Very nice
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 01:19 PM

Awesome story and great buck
Posted By: USMCatfish

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 03:08 PM

Congrats to you and your cousin on a magnificent buck.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 03:14 PM

up
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 03:44 PM

Well played. A great 8. Congrats to your cousin. cheers
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 06:56 PM

So was he a sniper??
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 08:07 PM

incredible buck and great story!!
Posted By: DeerTamales

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 09:24 PM

Heck of a buck and great story. Congrats to both of you.
Posted By: Auctioneer1

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 09:48 PM

Congrats guys cheers I will be guiding little man next week.
Posted By: wtr

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 10:10 PM

Awesome buck. Congrats to y'all both.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/16/14 10:21 PM

Way to go cousin and very cool of you Ranchman up
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 01:04 AM

Wow, great buck for sure, congrats to him.
Posted By: themoonrulz

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 01:26 AM

Congrats to your cousin. It's good to see good things happen to good people.

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 01:47 AM

Thanks again cheers
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 01:58 AM

Great write up and awesome buck, congrats to your cousin. cheers
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 02:11 AM

I don't have an exif reader on this laptop. The long shots had be around 300mm at f2.8 to f3.5 for that beautiful shallow depth of field.....

Worthy of framing in my considered opinion. Nice work, Sir.

Marc

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Marc Kurth
I don't have an exif reader on this laptop. The long shots had be around 300mm at f2.8 to f3.5 for that beautiful shallow depth of field.....

Marc

The first pic was shot with 500mm at f4.0 at 190 yards or so and I cropped it to that size. ISO was 200 with exposure 1/160. I was shocked how well the pic turned out since it was so dark that day with cloud cover. Time on photo was 5:05pm. All the pics I took of him in this thread and the other one of the buck fight two days before where with the 500mm lens. Here is the link to the buck fight. Most of the fight pics are at 125-130 yards. ISO had moved to 640 so the exposure would be 1/400 on those pics with deer moving.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5419164/1/
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 02:34 AM

Marc

The first pic was shot with 500mm at f4.0 at 190 yards or so and I cropped it to that size. ISO was 200 with exposure 1/160. I was shocked how well the pic turned out since it was so dark that day with cloud cover. Time on photo was 5:05pm. All the pics I took of him in this thread and the other one of the buck fight two days before where with the 500mm lens.

Wow. I have a 500mm lens for my rebel and never tried zooming in and cropping from that far out. Will give it a shot.

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 02:48 AM

Here is a pic that was taken just before the one in the first post on this thread that is not cropped for comparison.
Cropped (pic in the first post)

Not cropped (pic immediately before the one above)

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Grosvenor

Marc

The first pic was shot with 500mm at f4.0 at 190 yards or so and I cropped it to that size. ISO was 200 with exposure 1/160. I was shocked how well the pic turned out since it was so dark that day with cloud cover. Time on photo was 5:05pm. All the pics I took of him in this thread and the other one of the buck fight two days before where with the 500mm lens.

Wow. I have a 500mm lens for my rebel and never tried zooming in and cropping from that far out. Will give it a shot.

This 500mm is not a zoom but fixed. I do have a 100-400mm zoom that I use a lot also.

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 02:53 AM

I meant zooming in on the image after the pic.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:05 AM

cheers

I woulda put another round in him after he stoped kickin just in case.. An 8 like that is what Tx is about.. It don't get no better

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Grosvenor
I meant zooming in on the image after the pic.

Also this camera has about a 1.6 focal length multiplier built in it already. So the 500mm lens is taking pics at pics at 782mm in 35mm film when you download them.
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 02:49 PM

up
Posted By: Triplesnake

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 02:58 PM

up cheers

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:03 PM

Here is a pic that was taken just before the one in the first post on this thread that is not cropped for comparison.

Man that is one bad dude! Stud!

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: jdk1985

He really was and even badder after he got in a fight with the other 8 that day. I think in the top pic of these 2 is when the other had snort wheezed at him to tell him to back off. He immediately turned and walked towards him.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: kry226
Originally Posted By: Payne
up
Posted By: therancher

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:15 PM

Toad 8!

And I get more excited when others shoot than I do when I shoot.

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher
I get more excited when others shoot than I do when I shoot.

Not I. I get like a giddy child when it's time to pull the trigger.

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:21 PM

He really was and even badder after he got in a fight with the other 8 that day. I think in the top pic of these 2 is when the other had snort wheezed at him to tell him to back off. He immediately turned and walked towards him.

That would have been one heck of a sight to see. Glad you got to witness it!
Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:32 PM

up

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:43 PM

That would have been one heck of a sight to see. Glad you got to witness it!

Here is a link to a thread with some pics of the fight. It was really a treat to so it but having my camera to take the pics made it even more special.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5419164/1/
Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 03:49 PM

ranchman... you looking to adopt?
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 04:21 PM

Great job all around STX! up
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 04:35 PM

What a great buck and story stx! cheers Congrats to your cousin
Posted By: DiverTexas

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 04:41 PM

Awesome buck and story, congrats to him.
Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/17/14 04:54 PM

That's a heck of a buck, and a hell of a gesture! Great story, congrats to your cousin on a hoss!

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/18/14 02:22 AM

Thanks all cheers
Posted By: TTU22

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/18/14 02:37 AM

Great deer! What was his inside spread?

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/18/14 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: TTU22
Great deer! What was his inside spread?

He was 17.4" inside.
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/18/14 03:28 PM

Great story!!! Congrats to your cousin! Thanks for sharing the pics and the story of your cousin. Very good read smile
Posted By: AggieHunter2014

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/18/14 05:53 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/18/14 09:45 PM

Awesome buck.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/18/14 10:17 PM

Loved this story and this buck!! up
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/18/14 11:21 PM

I don't know how the heck I missed this. Job well done and great story cheers
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/18/14 11:42 PM

toad of a deer!!!!!!!! congrats to your cuz Steve

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/19/14 12:53 AM

cheers Thanks again everyone.
Posted By: Katy Tigers

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/20/14 04:19 PM

Great times-Enjoyed the story! Congrats to both of you.
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/20/14 06:07 PM

HOT DOG!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/20/14 07:26 PM

Great buck, congrats to all
Posted By: DXB

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/20/14 07:47 PM

Awesome buck!! Congrats to you both. I'm sure you were as excited as he was. Just plain awesome!
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/20/14 08:02 PM

Beautiful buck and great story. Pretty good photography to boot.. Congrats to all. smile
Posted By: Cobbler

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/20/14 09:37 PM

wow. awesome
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/21/14 03:22 AM

You the Best Stx!

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/21/14 04:42 PM

cheers

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/21/14 06:06 PM

Now we need Nav to shoot his 8 with the long g2s so we can have another which scores more thread.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/21/14 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
You are a good person Ranchman.

Heck of a deer. up
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning.... - 11/21/14 06:42 PM

STX,

You're a good man. Congratulations to you and your cousin. cheers
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning....(updated) - 11/21/14 09:06 PM

What a GREAT picture and GREAT buck. Congrats on getting both
Posted By: Matt1023

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning....(updated) - 11/22/14 01:38 PM

That is one beautiful deer! Ive never hunted South Texas, but hopefully when I do I will put my crosshairs on one like that!
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Rumor has it that the "Sheriff" was shot by a sniper this morning....(updated) - 11/22/14 11:56 PM

I've come back to this thread a couple of times now. I can't help but appreciate the lensmanship! Simply owning a given tool doesn't make a person a craftsman.

Nice work indeed, Sir.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum