Texas Hunting Forum

Couple of roamers setting the stage for the rut perhaps?

Posted By: banderabound

Couple of roamers setting the stage for the rut perhaps? - 11/10/14 05:24 PM

I've never seen either of these guys and they only passed through once last week. It looks like the 6-point may be the most advanced (in age) of the two but I can't really tell.

The 8-point looks like he will be a bruiser in another year or two.

County is Bandera. Right next to the Hill Country Natural Area - which is the only real competition during their short hunting season.

Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Couple of roamers setting the stage for the rut perhaps? - 11/11/14 03:05 AM

Nice bucks. Congrats to you.

Re: Couple of roamers setting the stage for the rut perhaps? - 11/11/14 03:33 PM

Thanks. After seeing little young bucks all year, I'm a little excited about seeing something new.

I think I'll harvest the 6-point and leave the 8-point be. Hopefully he'll make it through the year.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Couple of roamers setting the stage for the rut perhaps? - 11/11/14 03:59 PM

You never know what might show...

Re: Couple of roamers setting the stage for the rut perhaps? - 11/11/14 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

That's been the common denominator in every conversation I've had about what I've seen the last year on our property. You just never know.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Couple of roamers setting the stage for the rut perhaps? - 11/11/14 04:32 PM

Nice one.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Couple of roamers setting the stage for the rut perhaps? - 11/11/14 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: banderabound
Originally Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

That's been the common denominator in every conversation I've had about what I've seen the last year on our property. You just never know.

True for hunting in general but some properties and some areas it is even more true. You might have a dude walk out in a few days that makes you forget those two...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum