Texas Hunting Forum

Nothing Down, but a Great Weekend!

Posted By: Stub

Nothing Down, but a Great Weekend! - 11/03/14 12:51 AM

How cool is it to go out opening weekend and have a blast with friends and Momma Nature even if you did not squeeze the trigger. Early Friday evening ended up at Captain Jacks with all of his group from west TX, LA & other parts unknown, cruising his place and his neighbors about 1400 acres together. There was a lot of partaking of the normal Spirits and some stuff from the depths of Cajun Country loco_too

Saw a few Saturday am, then up the road to my buddy ChicoKid for lunch with his group, menu included Ribeyes, baked taters, green beans, baked beans, rolls & other stuff and his dad's Dutch oven Peach Cobbler with Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream food

Thank You Captain Jack & ChicoKid, always a pleasure!

Saw 13 deer Saturday evening, most of them came in real late, then 6 this am. Due to Mental Midgetnightess, I only got these pics from this am. Hope everyone had at least as much fun as I did cheers

Pictures are not great from inside the blind, trying to be sneaky!

Watched this dude for at least 20 minutes this morning foraging around the field.

Hanging out together.

Enjoying the Oats & Legumes.

Ready for next weekend grin
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Nothing Down, but a Great Weekend! - 11/03/14 01:25 AM

up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Nothing Down, but a Great Weekend! - 11/03/14 01:31 AM

cheers Sounds like it was a great hunting weekend.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Nothing Down, but a Great Weekend! - 11/03/14 02:08 AM

That is one of the nicest setups I have been to, Those pics do not do your area justice Amigo up
Posted By: Stub

Re: Nothing Down, but a Great Weekend! - 11/03/14 11:21 AM

^^^^ Combination of me taking pics from the back of the blind and needing some rain bad buddy! Come on rainy day Tuesday woot
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum