Texas Hunting Forum

New lanyard projects

Posted By: HeidelbergJaeger

New lanyard projects - 04/06/14 02:08 PM

I had a little free time today, so decided to test out my shoulder and see how it would handle making a few paracord lanyards. The first one is a simple rope braid design, and integrates a split ring to attach items to, and it has the diameter to fit around your neck and shoulders to go cross-body. This will probably make a good anchor for a dog lead.

This one is what I call the "hangman" call lanyard. Just got a little imaginative and made it so the calls can attach off the center strip and out to the sides like arms and legs. In a pinch it can carry the birds too.

Each took me about an hour to make. Used a 15 foot segment of 550 Cord for each color, for total 30 feet per lanyard.

Greetings from Freedom's Frontier
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: New lanyard projects - 04/06/14 02:36 PM

Are these for sale...Would be interested in the hangman but with different colors if available..
Posted By: tth_40

Re: New lanyard projects - 04/06/14 03:29 PM

Good stuff, brother. I gotta learn how to do that.
Posted By: Stub

Re: New lanyard projects - 04/06/14 04:08 PM

Interesting up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: New lanyard projects - 04/06/14 04:50 PM

Nice work.
Posted By: HeidelbergJaeger

Re: New lanyard projects - 04/06/14 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Lazyman
Are these for sale...Would be interested in the hangman but with different colors if available..
Thanks guys, this was my first time making either of these designs. I have some more colors of 550 cord on the way to me, and I will see how these work out first. I will shoot a pm out if they are up to snuff and the colors look good.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: New lanyard projects - 04/07/14 01:21 PM

Cool and innovative. up
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: New lanyard projects - 04/07/14 06:45 PM

looks good up
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: New lanyard projects - 04/07/14 06:52 PM

Nice work up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum