Texas Hunting Forum

Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics

Posted By: cmc

Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/16/12 11:10 PM

All iphone pics so excuse some of the quality.Fist day an hour in the guys had spotted three bucks. I drove all night to get there was drinking coffee still in shorts and Crocs but grabbed a gun and got to them just in time to see my cousin take this one at around 100 yards.

I had crosshairs settled on another at 473 but before I could get the shot off he went from zero to sixty in five seconds so went back loaded the other, took pics and I look up there is the one I seen at 400 coming from the other direction. They are extremely fast and you can lose them in a hurry. I threw the bipod down buddy running range finder and the antelope cleared brush at 170 and he went down.

Next day after a very long chase we closed to 230 yards on this one and the .264 put him down.

With one tag to go we loaded all vehicles and it was all hands on deck to the next pasture. Expecting to be there till dark we were surprised when we pulled in the gate and a large group was just 400 yards out with a buck in the heard. Three of us got out got a good angle and I ranged him at 292 and the shot was on.

All tags were filled and all hunters happy. No monsters but three first antelope and all respectable I think.Here they are caped and ready for a ride to Texas. It's nice taking your taxidermist with you. He didnt have a tag but will read this so thanks for the work done.

I took the wifes Jeep so this ones for her.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/16/12 11:13 PM

Nice curl on the top pic, wow cool looking wide one on the second pic!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/16/12 11:41 PM

Great pics
Posted By: jcarlson91

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/16/12 11:44 PM

Cool Pics
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/17/12 12:42 AM

What cal was used on the 1st one? Massive hole

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/17/12 12:50 AM

First one .264 120 gr ballistic tip, mine the second one .308 168 gr Sierra HPBT third was .264 140 gr, fourth .270 130gr.
Posted By: Kung Fu Widgeon

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/17/12 03:20 AM

pretty cool speed goats
Posted By: Brando-Commando

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/17/12 03:33 AM

Nice job! Them are some beautiful animals!
Posted By: BaitFish

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/17/12 08:25 PM

One day
Posted By: erniejs

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/17/12 10:29 PM

nice
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/17/12 11:42 PM

I like that super wide one
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/17/12 11:44 PM

Nice

Re: Lots of Antelope Hunt Pics - 09/18/12 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: mulie_mike
I like that super wide one

Thanks mike, they laughed at mine all weekend calling him names that weren't nice. He is an odd looking character but I had a score to settle with him when I had him at 475 and couldn't get the shot off I decided I would take him out first chance I got. Who knew it would only be ten minutes later.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum