Texas Hunting Forum

Moultrie Help

Posted By: Hard Water

Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 08:40 PM

I use many moultie trail cams to track deer and what ever crosses my game farm here in Minnesota but this is the first time i have had one do this ..

Any idea what could have caused it ?

Posted By: Branden

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 08:41 PM

dew

Posted By: Shortysboy09

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 08:43 PM

A little moisture does that to em...

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 08:46 PM

could be but heres the same cam a day after words.

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 08:47 PM

The moisture dried up.

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Shortysboy09
The moisture dried up.

Hope your rite grin

Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 08:52 PM

That was simply moisture. I have personally had nothing but bad things happen with my 5 moultrie cameras. They seem to be at the moultrie HQ being fixed instead of being out in the field taking pictures.

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: jensent
That was simply moisture. I have personally had nothing but bad things happen with my 5 moultrie cameras. They seem to be at the moultrie HQ being fixed instead of being out in the field taking pictures.

I was going to hold my tongue. But, same boat for me. Had two that the flash went out. Two with LCDs out. ( They still work ) and one that the trigger went out on. Not to mention wading through 50-100 wind pictures every set.

Have had a couple stealth cams since last year. I get more pictures with animals in them.

Posted By: my2071111

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 09:24 PM

Definitely moisture.

Posted By: C B

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 09:28 PM

Take a piece of rubber and bend in a circle or a 2" long piece of pvc pipe and glue it to over the lens on the outside of the camera. It will reduce glare and dew

Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 09:50 PM

rain

Posted By: aeb

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 09:53 PM

Moisture. Should have gone away later in the morning.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 10:54 PM

Could be from extremely hot day followed by a much cooler night causing the dew to form on the lens of the camera. Cameras stays very warm and the temps drop quickly at dark. Causing the dew to form on the camera lens.

Posted By: bigtex46

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 10:58 PM

Happens to most cameras ive tried. Rub any brand of original (white foam) shaving cream on the lense, then wipe clean . It will stop that for a while.

Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 11:00 PM

Won't look purdy but you can hot glue around the edges. Open it up put a bead around and quickly close it. It will seal it pretty good but you can still open it. It will stay for a while and acts like a gasket.

Posted By: Branden

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/22/11 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Shortysboy09
[quote=jensent]That was simply moisture. I have personally had nothing but bad things happen with my 5 moultrie cameras. They seem to be at the moultrie HQ being fixed instead of being out in the field taking pictures.

I was going to hold my tongue. But, same boat for me. Had two that the flash went out. Two with LCDs out.

Cover the outer LCD screen with black tape the are very common to go out caused by direct sunlight..This will fix that problem you just wont be able to read it from the outside

Posted By: Mossback

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/23/11 03:24 AM

Clear that grass away from your camera. That should help some with the reach of your flash...as in the second pic. You can see how bright the stem of grass is in both pictures. You are losing quite a bit of light from your flash to this nearby object. First picture looks more like fog than condensation on the lens. There is not much you can do about fog. Not sure how to correct a condesation problem. Some online vendors sell dessicant packs that might fit in Moultrie camera. Many contain a hydrosorbant silica gel.
I have used Moultrie cameras for several years. If your camera is set to a two or three pic burst, I recommend that you switch it to just 1 pic...maybe one minute apart. I have experienced the first picture in burst mode with have a nice bright flash at night. The following one or two pics will be less bright. Something about a flash recovery time. Just a thought.

Posted By: jim1961

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/25/11 10:17 PM

I agree with moisture, I have a couple of Moultries and it seems like I occasionally get those type pics with morning shots with high humidity

Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/25/11 11:15 PM

Moultries are a big piece of junk. Sell it on eBay and buy a cuddeback.

Posted By: Csddarden

Re: Moultrie Help - 09/25/11 11:27 PM

I've only had stealthcams in the past but got 7 moultries this year and so far they have done great. I forget what models we have up rite now, but 2 are flash models where the entire camera comes out of the housing (black) and two are IR-models. They've been great, and my buddy who I'm leasing the property with has had the same models up on his ranch going on 3 years now and they've always taken great pictures day or night. I did notice a couple with the moisture-fogging as you describe when checking them this weekend, but not to that extent. I doubt we have the same cameras though, mine say "moultrie" in the bottom left corner.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum