Texas Hunting Forum

It Could Happen to You...

Posted By: pug

It Could Happen to You... - 12/02/17 08:54 PM

It was never a thought that even crossed my mind, but the child bride got busted by the old fat old guy wearing the TSA shirt...

Heading out to visit our daughter (who is carrying our first lil' grand-scud) we Uber'd to DFW and rushed to the Global Entry line to get through security more quickly. On a random pick, she got tagged for a quick bag swipe.

Little did I know that a few weeks ago the youngest (home on a weekend visit) took the wife's black carry-on to the range to carry multiple pistols. Well, the swab the TSA employee took lit up light Rudolph's nose! GSR was all over that bag.

After a 30-minute search, an unfriendly interview, and a rather frustrating delay, we determined what had happened and she was released to my custody.

It seems that I am married to a potential home-bred terrorist!

scared
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: It Could Happen to You... - 12/02/17 08:56 PM

worthless
Posted By: mikei

Re: It Could Happen to You... - 12/03/17 10:58 PM

Have her wear a burka and she'll get a free pass! mad
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: It Could Happen to You... - 12/05/17 09:24 PM

They've swiped my range bag and backpack at least five times and have never gotten a hit.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: It Could Happen to You... - 12/06/17 01:39 AM

I had that happen to me at Chicago Midway. What a nightmare! I have 2 identical backpacks and the one I took there was the one I had taken to the range.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: It Could Happen to You... - 12/09/17 02:53 PM

I was with my brother when they found a magazine he forgot about in his backpack, they asked him to return it to the car. He did and we were on our way.

I had an employee who was going on a mission trip with the church. Each person going was asked to carry a bag to help get supplies to the new church they were building. My employee was given a bag full of silverware, many large knives included. That was a rodeo.

I did manage to carry four 12 gauge shells in my carry-on to Phoenix, then back. I found them in my bag while on the plane going back home. I quietly tucked it away.
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: It Could Happen to You... - 12/12/17 09:49 PM

They freaked out at MAF when my son forgot a loaded mag for my Springfield in back pack! Single male, one way ticket, few tattoos showing. They almost put stop to that plane ride, told him I could come pick mag up but they would keep ammo. Told them to keep it since I had new better ones on the way!
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: It Could Happen to You... - 12/18/17 02:08 PM

On my way to southern Mexico to do an inspection on a chemical plant and had some small hand tools in my carry on bag. The TSA (EXTERT) took away a pair of Channel Lock 424 Pliers. The are only 4-1/2" long and everything was OK till I asked if they thought I was going to take a wing off in flight. Thought I was going to get arrested on the spot.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: It Could Happen to You... - 12/20/17 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Old Rabbit
On my way to southern Mexico to do an inspection on a chemical plant and had some small hand tools in my carry on bag. The TSA (EXTERT) took away a pair of Channel Lock 424 Pliers. The are only 4-1/2" long and everything was OK till I asked if they thought I was going to take a wing off in flight. Thought I was going to get arrested on the spot.
make no comments........
Posted By: GrandmasterB

Re: It Could Happen to You... - 12/30/17 07:31 AM

I went through security with a .22 long rifle round stuck in the tread of my hunting boots. Oops!
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: It Could Happen to You... - 01/11/18 01:26 PM

Hehehe, I had an old jacket with a hole in the pocket. After a weekend of shooting I had a couple of .380 shells that were stuck in the lining. The jacket passed through xray and it was never even picked up. I actually sat on the plane and was using the jacket as a pillow when I felt the first round. When I got to my hotel I found the hole in the pocket and a few other rounds. I left them at with one of the guys I was working with there just in case.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum