Texas Hunting Forum

House Rules

Posted By: Gravytrain

House Rules - 05/08/16 09:33 PM

The House rules of Bio Art Lab, Eindhoven, Netherlands. Could be applied to life in general.

Posted By: RedHoss

Re: House Rules - 05/09/16 04:57 AM

That is how I was raised. Just like the "Golden Rule" that says, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
Now days people use the "Silver Rule" that says, "Do unto others before they get a chance to do unto you". (Not in good ways either)
I was also taught that a man's word was his bond and a Gentleman's handshake sealed a deal.
Now days you can't trust people anymore. They will use you and lie to you in a heartbeat.
My generation was raised with good manners and morals. Most of the new generation is lazy. pathetic, liars and want everything handed to them for free instead of working for it like we did.
I'm "Old School" and always will be because I still believe in having integrity and honesty.
Posted By: sleepyhunter

Re: House Rules - 05/09/16 05:43 PM

up
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: House Rules - 05/09/16 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: RedHoss

I was also taught that a man's word was his bond and a Gentleman's handshake sealed a deal.

Same here. Saying what you mean and meaning what you say is considered to be a character flaw nowadays.
Posted By: Okiedog

Re: House Rules - 05/10/16 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: RedHoss
That is how I was raised. Just like the "Golden Rule" that says, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
Now days people use the "Silver Rule" that says, "Do unto others before they get a chance to do unto you". (Not in good ways either)
Now days you can't trust people anymore. They will use you and lie to you in a heartbeat.
My generation was raised with good manners and morals. Most of the new generation is lazy. pathetic, liars and want everything handed to them for free instead of working for it like we did.
I'm "Old School" and always will be because I still believe in having integrity and honesty.

Yessir, Exact values dad raised my brother and I with. Also, show up on time and give a man a days work for a days pay. Dang near impossible to find hands with those values today.
Posted By: Blanco

Re: House Rules - 05/16/16 05:40 PM

For some reason my wife has trouble understanding the concept of your word being good no matter what. She tried talking me out of a promise I made to someone. My response was I will keep my word come hell or high water. Seems to be a concept that people have lost.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum