Texas Hunting Forum

Welder

Posted By: Undercoverdog

Welder - 08/15/15 11:49 PM

Hello! Hope your kelly is high! I'm going to call today's story, "Welder."

This Ain't No Bull!

There were three crews on location rigging up. The rig was coming together better than usual. The company that was moving the rig had a lot of seasoned hands. While being moved, some of the welds on the rig had come apart. This is a common occurrence when the rig is being moved.

The tool-pusher was thumbing through his card file to find a welder to weld the rig back together. He called his regular welder; who told the pusher he was too sick to come out. The welder said he had a friend who could come out and get them out of a bind. The friend was not cheap, but he was good and could get them going, but it would cost them.

The pusher couldn't find anyone else, so he gave the welder a call. The welder told the pusher his rates, but said he was good and would stand behind his work. The rates were high, but with no one else available the pusher told him to come on out.

When the welder got to the site, the pusher lined him out on what he wanted welded. The welder started cutting and welding, getting the rig put back together. He patched a hole in the pits, fixed a few hand rails and repaired a flow line that had broken in half. Then he welded the conductor pipe and also welded a collar in the bottom of the cellar, about waist high, for a fill-up line.

The welder had finished the repairs and the rig was starting to drill. The welder made out his invoice ticket and took it the pusher's trailer. The pusher looked at the ticket, refused to sign it and threw it on the floor at the welder's feet.

The welder reminded the pusher that rates were discussed before he ever came out. The pusher very rudely told the welder to get the hell out of his trailer house! The welder picked up the ticket, walked out of the trailer and SLAMMED the door (shook the whole trailer).

The welder jumped in his truck and took off. As he drove down the leased road, the more he thought about it, the madder he got. He hit on the brakes and turned around. He headed back to the rig wide open with a trail of dust following him.

Back at the rig, he backed his truck up to the flow line and started unrolling the hoses on his torch. He grabbed a ladder out of the back of his truck and set it up next to the flow line.

Already knowing what the deal was, the driller came down laughing and asked the welder what he was doing. The welder said, "If he won't sign my ticket, I'm taking back my welds." Then he started cutting the flow line in half.

The driller had one of his hands go to the trailer and let the pusher know what was going on. The pusher came right out, but the welder already had the operation shut back down. The pusher told the welder that if he would put the flow line back together, he would sign the ticket.

The mad welder said it was too late; he was taking his welds back. He continued cutting and when he removed the patch he had repaired on the pits, all the fluid ran out onto the ground.

The welder then rolled his hoses up on the truck, jumped in and took off. He waved at the pusher as he went by!

Posted By: PMK

Re: Welder - 08/17/15 04:38 PM

serves the pusher right!
Posted By: rickym

Re: Welder - 08/18/15 01:49 AM

That would never happen without some punches being thrown. But good story up
Posted By: huntinfishinsumb

Re: Welder - 08/18/15 03:18 AM

Haha
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Welder - 08/23/15 02:24 AM

I expected him to weld the pushers door closed too.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum