Texas Hunting Forum

Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think

Posted By: Aggieman775

Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 05/11/15 04:49 PM

I was hunting deer in the woods of Alaska. It was just cracking daylight. All I could see was my stainless steel barrel on my .308. I was waiting for daylight under a pine tree. It was so humid there was water dripping off of the pine needles.

I heard something in the brush in front of me. I got my gun ready on my shoulder waiting to see what it is. Out of no where a 14 point buck popped out of the brush. It had a red-brown hide and was just out of his velvet. I got my gun on him and slowly squeezed the trigger. POW I dropped him in his tracks. If only I had known a gun shot was a dinner bell to a bear. Then I got on my knees and started to gut the deer.

I kept thinking I heard footsteps and heavy breathing but I continued. Before I knew it a 9 foot tall Kodiak bear was standing up on his back legs growling at me. He had brown fur with black tips. His claws were twice the size of my middle finger and teeth that could rip me open with one bite. I was terrified but before I knew it he was on top of me. I was struggling to get my gun but the bear knocked it out of my hand just out of reach. I was screaming like crazy while it was biting in to me. Then I played dead just trying to think what to do and for survival. Just when he started to let me go I remembered about my machete I had around my belt. He looked up just long enough for me to get it and stab him. He didn't fall instantly but when he was batting at me I made another strike to the head. That was the one that got him.

I was bleeding from head to toe with major wounds. But I made it out with a enormous bear and a ginormous deer.
Posted By: redfred

Re: Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 05/11/15 06:23 PM

"But I made it out with a enormous bear and a ginormous deer."
And a pretty good story too. I'm a little puzzled about why you would have a machete on your belt. You could have just said you stabbed him with the knife you were gutting the deer with. But then again, the story would have probably been written by the coroner. smile

Re: Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 05/11/15 07:15 PM

I was freshman in high school when I wrote it if that explains anything.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 05/12/15 12:13 AM

Must have been a machete with a gut hook.
Good story
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 05/12/15 01:28 AM

Good story, great for a kid!
Posted By: PMK

Re: Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 05/12/15 03:48 PM

cool story!

(but I wouldn't go into the wilds of Alaska with only a .308 bolt) loser8
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 06/10/15 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Aggieman775
I was freshman in high school when I wrote it if that explains anything.
Smh, bro, smh.

It was good, but could have more detail. And frankly, I think it should have been longer.

But that's none of my business
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 06/10/15 05:23 PM

Years ago?

So that makes you a junior in high school?

peep
Posted By: bp3

Re: Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 06/10/15 07:54 PM

Leave it to a aggie rifle

Re: Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 07/11/15 01:12 PM

Close but not a junior in high school I just graduated in june.
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Wrote this fiction story years ago tell me what you think - 07/11/15 01:27 PM

Really good story for a freshman. It reminds me of the "This Happened To Me" stories in Outdoor Life.

Thanks for sharing!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum