Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for input

Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

Looking for input - 10/27/17 06:08 PM

I am a disabled soldier. I try my best to hunt state land but with the closed gates and no 4 wheeler its hard to haul my kill out. Without spending money on a 4 wheeler need other ideas. Due to traumatic brain injury my thought pattern is not like it was. I used to be able to come up with solutions pretty quick by myself. Seems that's not the case anylonger. If you have any thoughts on this matter please let me know.thank you in advance
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Looking for input - 10/27/17 06:23 PM

Game cart or a bicycle with a cart in tow
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Looking for input - 10/28/17 02:52 AM

Cabela's has one for $40 bucks. Looks like it would work for you.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Viking-So...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds
Posted By: Retired Sgt. Gilliam

Re: Looking for input - 10/28/17 01:28 PM

Thanks for input yall
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Looking for input - 10/31/17 08:42 PM

Buddy of mine put bicycle tires on a push lawn mower frame (mower removed). It works great, and his wife uses it around the house in the off season
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Looking for input - 11/04/17 06:53 AM

This will not help your current situation since no 4 wheeler but may come in handy another time.

One of the things I use that has helped out a lot is an old truck bed liner. I cant lift a deer or pig onto my 4 wheeler or cart. So I got a old black hard plastic truck bed liner and attached a rope to it. I hook it up to my cart and you can push it right up toy our kill and drag the carcass onto the liner without having to lift it. Can use it to move all kinds of things.
Posted By: on the fly

Re: Looking for input - 09/11/18 03:45 AM

I know exactly how it is with the t.b I. Thing. Simplest things might as well be rocket science. I have used a dolly (hand truck) before. You can find some where the handle comes out and you can remount it to where the dolly is in an L shape and then it would be easy to mount larger tires on it. Game bag and straps and good to go. If you need help with this feel free to let me know. I'm sure with both of us we could get it done
Posted By: DronePilot

Re: Looking for input - 11/25/18 04:52 AM

There are some game carts with large solid bicycle tires. They are sorta "V" shaped but balance and pull well. Check online, usually under $100.00
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum