Texas Hunting Forum

Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts?

Posted By: Treinta-Treinta

Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 10:49 AM

I border a big ranch deep in Hill Country that has a cattle lease and hunting lease. It is at least a 30-45 min ride to this location on a UTV, maybe 1 1/2 hours by truck because its rough as heck getting in. I’m not concerned about my safety and really don’t fret this but my curiosity is killing me on why they would setup a blind and feeders 50 yards diagonally from my camp and serious shooting range that has been there since 1979.

Seems like a lot of wasted time and effort to hunt and be disturbed by me (us) shooting, driving by in a UTV, playing my Radio, camp activities, chain-sawing, campfires, and whatever. Someone is literally on our place all week long.

Furthermore, the animals to include the squirrels in this area are so skittish they won’t come around equipment nor camp so if the neighboring hunters plan to drive and park, they can forget about animals coming around. I’ve never seen a place on the planet where the critters are this aware and shy.

I have cams everywhere mainly to watch after my equipment and this bunch seems to only come in one way, is it possible they don’t know I’m there?

What are y’all’s thoughts?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 11:47 AM

Some people are just oblivious and don't even think of looking at Google Earth before they do something. Tunnel vision, they think they're "way out in the country with no one else around." Now, those same people can also be arrogant enough to try to contact you and ask you to move your shooting range. But, hopefully they'll just move the blind once they get the picture. Has that road he's on always been there?

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 12:14 PM

It is way out in the country with nobody else around, I think its 7 miles either direction to a paved road. “The road”, Its a fence line cut probably over a hundred years old. This is a flat part, most of the way in & out is a steep climb on very rough stuff. The ranch is maybe 5,000 acres or more, not sure. If they drove the fence line they can’t miss my camp unless they only came in one way. I have all of our contact info on a permanent metal sign at camp/gate area, maybe they’ll contact me upon their first ruined hunt from our regular activities.

They cannot see my shooting range, its on a separate hidden cut.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 12:15 PM

Guess they will find out pretty soon that there is a camp right there!!!

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 12:18 PM

I don’t know if they are bow hunting or not but they will know soon enough. Again, Its more of a puzzling thing for me because If I was gonna expend this kinda effort to hunt I wouldn’t want to be disturbed. I’m retired Military and addicted to all that stuff you gotta have tax stamps for.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 01:06 PM

Maybe they want to let you know they are out there as well?
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 01:07 PM

Maybe things are different on his side of the fence.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 01:22 PM

Maybe its like CreekRunner said, just “oblivious”. Back when I setup our hunting area, I put it in a place where its about geographically impossible to be disturbed by neighbors or anything other than a chopper landing in the middle of it. I thought nice and quiet was the goal.

Seems like a hunter would take these things into account. I understand if its all you had on a small property.

I’ll never ask them about this because they might think I’m bothered by it and I don’t really want a problem. I’m just gonna do me.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy

The grass IS greener.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 01:25 PM

^^^^^ Not sure I understand this one, we get the same amount of rain? ^^^^
Posted By: walker1983

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 02:33 PM

I'd just send a nice letter to the adjoining ranch owner, (you can pull up the info on either OnX or the county tax website), and nicely ask them to ask his hunting Lessees to move the blind of the fence. (down range of my shooting range, next to my camp etc...)

When dealing with people who are leasing a property that is not theirs - I always think its a good idea to go directly to the landowner. I bet that blind would be gone by rifle season...

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 03:11 PM

Its really not much of a problem for me, the back has no windows and its running parallel to the fence line. It was just baffling from a hunting perspective. Even my hunting area where I sit when the north or western winds blow, it will blow our scent all over the top of their feeder and blinds. Any other direction cept directly east and he gets our camp scent.

My hunting area is walk-in only bout 800 yards from where we park.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 03:34 PM

It's gonna be like around me here at home. Some folks buy a house in the Camp Bullis vicinity, then go on Nextdoor and ask "What is that noise? Is it gunfire?" shocked . Hell, I'm on the east side of Boerne and I can hear, like today, when they open up those 50s, or whatever they are. roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 04:00 PM

I have contributed to the “combat” noise out there and still hunt there occasionally. I usually hunt the top sections on both sides of Dietz Elkhorn aka “County Road” from Stanley Fence to the Blanco side. Basically the Cibolo Creek and washes.

I might have to run up to the Boerne Smokey Mo’s in a minute.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Treinta-Treinta

It was a joke. You know, "The grass is greener on the other side of the fence"

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

It was a joke. You know, "The grass is greener on the other side of the fence"

Well my ole lady got me up at 04:00 because of menopause so I’m slow today
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 04:59 PM

If i couldn't find the ranch owners name and address, I would post a note on their stand stating something like.
FYI, You have placed this stand about 50 yards from the camp we have had
since 1979. We will do our best not to disturb your hunting, but just know that normal camp noise such as cooking breakfast, supper
will be happening every day. Hopefully we are far enough away from the feeder that all the odors from our food and people
in camp wont effect your deer movement. If we can be of any help, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Thank you,
XXXXXXXX
817-555-5555
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 05:37 PM

Just wait, there will be a post I'm sure with someone claiming someone put a camp and shooting range right across the fence and is messing up their hunting!.....Happens every year!

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 05:42 PM

Funny stuff fellas.

I basically posted here because I just don’t think its right to go out of my way to advise the folks in this situation. I’m not gonna cross the fence and it ain’t safety related at the moment.

Its a good topic though and the thought of someone doing what Jimbo said is hilarious
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 05:59 PM

As someone already pointed out, maybe they know you're there and simply want you to stay on your side of the fence as well.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 06:01 PM

That would be awfully odd given the height of the fence and the fact I stay to myself. I don’t know if its just new guys or what, the only fella I ever talk with is the guy that has the cattle lease. I see him every so often checking for holes or lost cattle.

I’m thinking they just came in from one end because they don’t show up on my camp cam that is looking at the fence line. My cams watch my gate and the fence line at difficult points because its the only area really vulnerable for theft. Like someone cutting or hopping the fence.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 06:06 PM

That would be awfully odd given the height of the fence and the fact I stay to myself. I don’t know if its just new guys or what, the only fella I ever talk with is the guy that has the cattle lease. I see him every so often checking for holes or lost cattle.

I’m thinking they just came in from one end because they don’t show up on my camp cam that is looking at the fence line.

If they find out later, it could be a great opportunity to build a good relationship with a neighbor should they contact you soon thereafter. Unfortunately, there are those who would destroy any chance of that happening from the beginning.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 06:08 PM

I’m friendly until I ain’t roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 06:18 PM

Funny right before this blind thing I caught on cams a truck from nrcs traveling to and from that spot. Then I heard a feeder running and finally spotted it from a tower with binos.

https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/conservation-basics/conservation-by-state/texas

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 07:59 PM

My guessing is a lack of knowledge that they are close to your camp! I suggest you get this ironed
out prior to season begins, and get the TPWD involved because it may not end well. There is a law
on texas laws about hunter harrassment! Novice hunters, world is full of them!

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Hogflyer
My guessing is a lack of knowledge that they are close to your camp! I suggest you get this ironed
out prior to season begins, and get the TPWD involved because it may not end well. There is a law
on texas laws about hunter harrassment! Novice hunters, world is full of them!

What harassment? LOL.

There are a lot of laws and there is at least one dealing with hunter harassment, but why is that even relevant? The hunter is free to set up his stand and feeder anywhere he likes within his lease rules, so long as he isn't endangering anybody else with his shots. T-T has reported no problems from the guy.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 09:08 PM

Can’t speak for their thought process but I won’t be expending any energy for harassment. Fact is, its been hotter than an SOB this summer, I’m a senior citizen and I do my clearing, burning, and sawing during cool weather.

If they wanted to go the harassment route, I’m assuming any LEO, or TPWD authority with common sense would have to ask of all of the places to setup…”why there”?

I also spend a bunch of money on ammo because I like to shoot at my steel targets and such. That shouldn’t be an issue because not only is it angled away from the fence, sloped downward, it has backstop with my own canyon as a farthest backstop. It couldn’t be a more suited and responsible setup.

In the summer I shoot, piddle around, and swim in a hidden swimming hole.

I also drive back and forth down my side of the fence-line all day long in my truck or Gator as there is no alternative route.

Doing what I do, is what I do clap
Posted By: batman

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/28/23 10:14 PM

They may not know your camp and shooting range is nearby, but the game certainly does. Animals get used to noise and activity, it may not impact the hunting at all.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/29/23 11:21 AM

Catch the wind right and burn a tire.

That's a joke.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/29/23 12:10 PM

I certainly won’t need to go out of my way for activities to disturb their hunting in that spot.

I’m a very successful hunter with tips and techniques learned from a lifetime of trapping and hunting in several states, coupled with a military career of tricks learned. I guess my being perplexed at their self sabotage is the crux of my post.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/29/23 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
If i couldn't find the ranch owners name and address, I would post a note on their stand stating something like.
since 1979. We will do our best not to disturb your hunting, but just know that normal camp noise such as cooking breakfast, supper
will be happening every day. Hopefully we are far enough away from the feeder that all the odors from our food and people
in camp wont effect your deer movement. If we can be of any help, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Thank you,
XXXXXXXX
817-555-5555

Sound advice given up

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/29/23 01:32 PM

Posting a note on their stand would be trespassing.

And I'm not a fan of laying all my cards out in a situation that might not have even become a "situation" if I'd kept my mouth shut.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/29/23 02:12 PM

I certainly won’t need to go out of my way for activities to disturb their hunting in that spot.

I’m a very successful hunter with tips and techniques learned from a lifetime of trapping and hunting in several states, coupled with a military career of tricks learned. I guess my being perplexed at their self sabotage is the crux of my post.

Don't sweat it. You were younger and dumber once. We all were. We all have to learn our lessons. And as you note, there is the fence. His traffic patterns may be different than your traffic patterns.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/29/23 02:45 PM

Yep to all
Posted By: grizzlyman

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/29/23 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

And I'm not a fan of laying all my cards out in a situation that might not have even become a "situation" if I'd kept my mouth shut.

Best advice that I have seen.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/29/23 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by grizzlyman

Best advice that I have seen.

Well said, no need to cry over unspilt milk...
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/30/23 03:47 PM

Another reason I quit lease hunting on my dollar
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/30/23 05:14 PM

confused2 ta me the stand is facing away from your camp.

flag
Posted By: DaveTexas

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/30/23 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pope&Young
Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Thank you,
XXXXXXXX
817-555-5555

Sound advice given up

You should probably have the game warden place the note so they don’t get you for trespassing

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 09/30/23 08:27 PM

Again, it has nothing to do with me being troubled. Just couldn’t figure why someone serious about shooting something would place it right there. Kinda funny.

No reason to call a game warden, I would post a note on the fence if I needed to communicate, like when I leave holiday stuff for the kids of the folk with the cattle lease.

The stand is 40 yards off the fence line, I can talk to anyone in there from my side.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/01/23 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by DaveTexas
You should probably have the game warden place the note so they don’t get you for trespassing

Last I checked, game wardens don't deliver the mail. That would not be a legal reason for them to make entry on the property.
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/01/23 11:58 AM

It’s funny how things work out sometimes, I own a place in Coleman county my boys and a couple friends lease more land joining mine and about 200 acres about a mile away.
My son and grandson was hunting the place about a mile away and the neighbors were dove hunting right on the fence line, my son met up with them and they were very friendly as was my son, they apologized for ruining their hunt and my son said there’s no problem because they did nothing wrong.
They ended up talking deer management and were very happy about how my bunch plan on managing the deer herd, now they want to get together and plan things out with us, there place joins mine on the other end.
My son was very excited about meeting the neighbors, and is looking forward to get together with them.
They have about the same thoughts we do.
Sometimes it’s a good thing to meet up with the neighbors.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/01/23 12:12 PM

Definitely. Sometimes. And sometimes the best neighbor is the one you never meet and they make no attempt at contacting you for anything. There's good people out there. And there's a whole lotta people that want something from you. On a previous property I was surrounded by some of the most egotistical, arrogant bastards I've ever met. They weren't originals, but neither was I.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/01/23 12:26 PM

I definitely won’t be discussing “herd management”. I don’t believe in it.

I will discuss the black bear, multiple cats, and strange critters with them.
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/01/23 12:27 PM

My brothers property in Junction has a deer camp about a mile from his house. I drove in there to say hi one day. We've become very good friends. We come over for dinner and they do too. We help each other all the time.
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/01/23 01:27 PM

Definitely. Sometimes. And sometimes the best neighbor is the one you never meet and they make no attempt at contacting you for anything. There's good people out there. And there's a whole lotta people that want something from you. On a previous property I was surrounded by some of the most egotistical, arrogant bastards I've ever met. They weren't originals, but neither was I.

Some people you just cannot have a conversation with, we had one years ago that was a total fruitcake, he threatened to shoot so many people, that I believe if someone was to shoot him there would be so many witnesses, that were threatened by him , it would be justified. ?
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/01/23 04:35 PM

Think I'd just let it ride as long as they're not bothering your camp. They'll figure it out eventually.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/01/23 04:48 PM

Never intended not to let it ride. I left a bunch of tree trimming equipment and stuff around where they can see it from the blind so at least they will know somebody is around.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/01/23 11:42 PM

I'm not a fan of laying all my cards out in a situation that might not have even become a "situation" if I'd kept my mouth shut.

up Well said. I’m stealing that.
Posted By: Skeezix

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/02/23 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy

The grass IS greener.

roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/02/23 02:12 AM

Same amount of rain

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/02/23 05:35 AM

The "grass is greener" isn't a rain issue. It is a perception that things are better on the other side of the fence. Given that it is a high fence of sorts, things may be very different in terms of animal behavior and such, not so much with rain.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/02/23 10:53 AM

The fence has so many holes I don’t even understand why the cattle don’t just walk through. Pretty sure its a fence-out county.

The “grass being greener” has no bearing on my feelings, I’m just perplexed why they would setup where their hunt would most likely be negatively impacted.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/02/23 11:12 PM

It is closer than I would hunt to a property line but who knows. Could be any of several reasons. Might be nothing more than access where they can drive to. Who knows, they could also be traveling the perimeter of the property they hunt so as not to booger what is in the interior of the property. They can park by the fence under the hill and the terrain shields their truck and their approach from what they are hunting. Might be they hipped to your camp funneling animals around the back side of that hill away from your activities. Then again they could be the suspicious type and want to keep an eye on you. Who knows other than they are on the adjacent property, probably paid to hunt there, and it is their business. As long as they are not breaking the law and there is not a safety concern I wouldn’t waste much time worrying about it.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/02/23 11:29 PM

Trust me the pic is deceptive concerning the terrain, we share a narrow flat spot right there where the terrain drops off maybe 300-500’ down on their side and mine. Without one of them rock wolves, there ain’t no other trails in and ain’t gonna be. Its probably 150 yards wide at the point the blind is with 60 yards on my side before it drops off. Both of our properties are riddled with some of the steepest if not the steepest brutal canyons in the Hill Country. I think the Hill over is about the highest elevation in Hill Country. I think that blind is sitting at about 2330’ elevation. I have a bunch of natural pine trees called “pinion pines” on my side, I think they cut all of theirs down. My uncle built a 30’ tower with a blind on top back in the 70’s, scary as heck but he always joked he could see Junction, Kerrville, San Antonio, and Ft Stockton from there with Binos.

Again, ain’t worried about it. I truly wish them luck but perplexing from the standpoint of hunting success. I’m perplexed all around as I’ve seen cattle cruising their feeder area.
Posted By: COKEMAN

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 04:27 AM

In before a thread is posted later with the topic "Neighbor's gun range and camp spooking deer. Thoughts?"
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 11:14 AM

maybe you'll make some good friends.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by COKEMAN
In before a thread is posted later with the topic "Neighbor's gun range and camp spooking deer. Thoughts?"

Its a nice one too. Hostage Steels at different yards, gongs, target stands, spinners, nice range signs, shooting table. Its my entertainment. I worked very hard on it and some other disabled veterans besides me use it too. I like helping some new young shooters, its a good thang.
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 12:48 PM

Trust me the pic is deceptive concerning the terrain, we share a narrow flat spot right there where the terrain drops off maybe 300-500’ down on their side and mine. Without one of them rock wolves, there ain’t no other trails in and ain’t gonna be. Its probably 150 yards wide at the point the blind is with 60 yards on my side before it drops off. Both of our properties are riddled with some of the steepest if not the steepest brutal canyons in the Hill Country. I think the Hill over is about the highest elevation in Hill Country. I think that blind is sitting at about 2330’ elevation. I have a bunch of natural pine trees called “pinion pines” on my side, I think they cut all of theirs down. My uncle built a 30’ tower with a blind on top back in the 70’s, scary as heck but he always joked he could see Junction, Kerrville, San Antonio, and Ft Stockton from there with Binos.

Again, ain’t worried about it. I truly wish them luck but perplexing from the standpoint of hunting success. I’m perplexed all around as I’ve seen cattle cruising their feeder area.

I think this is why the blind is there. They wanted to be on top of the hill.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

Yes or at least be able to help one another if needed.

Establish communications with your neighbor(s).

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 01:38 PM

I have never spoken to the lease hunters, just the cattle lease folk. I have signs with our names and phone numbers welcoming a text or call anytime.

They are also welcome to things I leave in unlocked job box if they get in a bind, just hop the fence.

They haven’t officially authorized it with them and I really don’t care but I keep a set of bolt-cutters by the fence on a tree limb in the event of a brush fire and I have to egress that way. I’m sure they should do the same.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 02:17 PM

I have never spoken to the lease hunters, just the cattle lease folk. I have signs with our names and phone numbers welcoming a text or call anytime.

They are also welcome to things I leave in unlocked job box if they get in a bind, just hop the fence.

They haven’t officially authorized it with them and I really don’t care but I keep a set of bolt-cutters by the fence on a tree limb in the event of a brush fire and I have to egress that way. I’m sure they should do the same.

Smart choices there.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by el Rojo

I think this is why the blind is there. They wanted to be on top of the hill.

After hearing you describe the terrain I would agree with this. Personally, I like to see a lot of country and being up on a high hill sounds like where I would want to be and that location would trump any issues with your camp. This could be just another example showing how different we all are. Your idea of the worst setup could be there idea of the perfect setup.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 05:59 PM

There is very little usable hunting area right there, the pic will fool ya. Its only the “worst” setup because this strip, whilst animals do walk it, don’t do so when anyone is in the small area making noise and such. Or, even around period.

Funniest thing is, even the cattle freak out and bolt if they happen into the area and spot you. And for some reason they run faster at a woman’s voice. roflmao

Freerange, you are a tolerant man for sure and I don’t know whether to admire or be perplexed. I guess you would tolerate after riding your vehicle in for about 40 min, get in your stand waiting for daylight, the smell of bacon, then a .50 cutting loose 60 yards away to welcome the morning. God Bless ya roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 09:12 PM

There is very little usable hunting area right there, the pic will fool ya. Its only the “worst” setup because this strip, whilst animals do walk it, don’t do so when anyone is in the small area making noise and such. Or, even around period.

Funniest thing is, even the cattle freak out and bolt if they happen into the area and spot you. And for some reason they run faster at a woman’s voice. roflmao

Freerange, you are a tolerant man for sure and I don’t know whether to admire or be perplexed. I guess you would tolerate after riding your vehicle in for about 40 min, get in your stand waiting for daylight, the smell of bacon, then a .50 cutting loose 60 yards away to welcome the morning. God Bless ya roflmao

I wouldnt assume the range was in use often during the season. As others have said, they may not be aware you are there or if they do they have no idea how much racket you may make. Our camp used to have 20 hunters using it and we had a blind on a hill(75 yards from 20 RVs) similar to this set up and looking the other way. You couldnt hear anything from camp(almost no noise during hunting hours) and deer would be even further away. We had a lot of country and most stands are miles away from camp and I like it that way. But the one at camp was very productive through the years.
Once again, Im not saying their spot is ideal but it may not be as horrible as you think.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 09:44 PM

The range is in use every week for 52 weeks per year, thats my recreation. Chainsawing is my therapy. roflmao

They could only be aware of my camp, everything else is tucked away.

“Horrible” is a subjective term.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

Yes or at least be able to help one another if needed.

Establish communications with your neighbor(s).

Absolutely. One of the best pieces of advice I was ever given was to not go through life looking for reasons not to like someone. You can miss some great opportunities to build relationships that can pay tremendous rewards that can last for many years if not the rest of your life. And remember, it's the toxic types that usually kill a relationship before it ever has a chance to get started.

Please keep us posted on how things turn out.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/03/23 11:00 PM

Oh I will keep y’all posted. I’ll always be friendly but cannot suspend my activities because of the choice the hunters made mainly because I get the bulk of my work done in cooler weather and during sunrise/ sunset times when the light is more agreeable with my skin cancers.

Again, there is no problem and I don’t anticipate one. It was just a curiosity.
Posted By: Kevin Heath

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/04/23 07:42 PM

We have the exact same situation with our place. Guy placed his stand so close to us last year that the hogs rooted his "cheap" feeder onto our place, when he came to collect the feeder he asked us to move off of his stand. He was quickly informed that a) we own our place, and b) we have been there for 13 years and c) NO!. He got a major case of the redass, and was a jerk most of last season. We solved our problem by killing him with kindness when we interacted with him, allowed him to collect a hog that ran onto our place and died practically in the middle of our camp , and living our life like we always did.
Posted By: 4J's Recovery

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/09/23 07:05 PM

If I seen them out I would let them know how close they are to your camp, and leave it up to them after that

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/10/23 02:38 PM

I was on lease once that was adjacent to the Davy Crockett National Forest. We found a guy who had walked about a mile through the Forest to place a stand near our fence (As a general rule the NFS doesn't put up fences.) where we had planted a food plot. I crossed over the fence one day and found him sitting in his stand and told him that I could hunt the same area in a matter of minutes while he had to walk the better part of a mile to get there. I also told him I too hunted the NF and there many great spots for a stand that he ignored on his way to put one near our fence. It was apparent he never thought he or his stand would ever be discovered. The stand soon disappeared.

There always seems to be those, who the first thing they do once they begin hunting a new property, is head straight for the fence lines.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/11/23 12:19 AM

Yeah

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/15/23 12:32 PM

No movement since the post pics on Sept 23rd on cam or in person. Must’ve set it up for gun season ?

I have since lined the area along the fence about 600 yards with orange reflective road cones just to let folk know I’m around.

I have learned something in the process, orange road cones are almost as common as a blight in our daily life as plastic bags and bottles. They are everywhere! roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/15/23 12:52 PM

Excellent idea. up

You could add a large sign that states "Always obey Range Master commands."

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/15/23 01:06 PM

Not looking for them to obey, just not shoot me or family members on our side of the fence. roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/15/23 02:51 PM

.30-.30, sure hope you're putting more thought into this than necessary..

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/15/23 04:21 PM

Posting is another for of entertainment, not sure serious “thought” is a part of the equation.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/15/23 04:43 PM

I’m friendly until I ain’t roflmao

THIS ^^^^^^

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/15/23 05:29 PM

Zactly

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/21/23 12:41 AM

Well fellas, I got passive aggressive behavior and the old white guy STINK FACES today. There were no smiles nor introductions, no conversation other than about the hot weather, no conversations about each others purposes. Guess my normal ranch activities such as chainsaws, rifles, driving back and forth, and my radio was too much. I could also hear them bitching because the cattle are terrorizing their feeders.

After 20plus in the Military and a body full of scars, I meet life with a smile.

I’m still perplexed hammer

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/21/23 01:14 AM

Lots more people need to learn how to use Google Earth. 'Would save a lot of heartache. I've found a couple of blinds and old feeders using Google Earth on the last lease I was on.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/21/23 01:25 AM

Well fellas, I got passive aggressive behavior and the old white guy STINK FACES today. There were no smiles nor introductions, no conversation other than about the hot weather, no conversations about each others purposes. Guess my normal ranch activities such as chainsaws, rifles, driving back and forth, and my radio was too much. I could also hear them bitching because the cattle are terrorizing their feeders.

After 20plus in the Military and a body full of scars, I meet life with a smile.

I’m still perplexed hammer

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say happened….

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/21/23 01:29 AM

A very bizarre and brief engagement with most being said by them nonverbally.

It is generally inferred by professionals that a huge portion of communication is non-verbal.

And, us Jedi detect the “force” too

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/21/23 10:33 AM

Common sense and the obvious doesn’t come so easily to many folks today and I suspect you saw an example of that yourself. It sounds as if your neighbors got a dose of that as well when they recognized their mistake in where they decided to throw up a deer stand and feeder.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/21/23 10:41 AM

Lots more people need to learn how to use Google Earth. 'Would save a lot of heartache. I've found a couple of blinds and old feeders using Google Earth on the last lease I was on.

You really can’t expect people to do much scouting of an area these days when deciding where to put up a feeder. All too often the decision is more a matter of pure ease and convenience with thoughts that deer will surely find it.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/21/23 11:11 AM

I do believe just that Dan

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/21/23 11:19 AM

I have a neighbor here at the house that let's his non-verbal hang out too much. I can get him to wave, but he's not happy about it. roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 10/21/23 11:44 AM

You mean the “wave-off”, equivalent of the middle finger salute. I got that yesterday too. roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 12:38 AM

I’m thinking these folk are a bit Supremacist, not wanting to talk to the little guy. Just the stink face and such. Won’t even stop to say hello. Today they started pounding their truck horn yesterday whilst I was shooting.

I’m almost thinking they are dropping off payed hunters and get pissed when the hunt is spoiled ?

Yesterday I hear the 4heeler coming by about 45 minutes before daylight possibly dropping someone off, then I could hear it stop a few more times south of me. At first light I exercise my ACOG on the steel targets, a bit later I hear a wheeler coming back to the blind. A little while after that whilst I was chainsawing I sees someone over there throwing stuff out of the blind and hammering on something?

When he left I waved and got the quickest glance with stink face and wave off.
Posted By: 8skate

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 04:23 AM

Think i saw this episode on Lone Star Law.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by 8skate
Think i saw this episode on Lone Star Law.

roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 06:16 AM

I’m thinking these folk are a bit Supremacist, not wanting to talk to the little guy. Just the stink face and such. Won’t even stop to say hello. Today they started pounding their truck horn yesterday whilst I was shooting.

I’m almost thinking they are dropping off payed hunters and get pissed when the hunt is spoiled ?

Yesterday I hear the 4heeler coming by about 45 minutes before daylight possibly dropping someone off, then I could hear it stop a few more times south of me. At first light I exercise my ACOG on the steel targets, a bit later I hear a wheeler coming back to the blind. A little while after that whilst I was chainsawing I sees someone over there throwing stuff out of the blind and hammering on something?

I am thinking you are worried way too much about what happening on somebody else's property.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 12:00 PM

Not really, just amusing myself.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 01:49 PM

Maybe start watching movies or something, get off that strange brew you're drinking, peyote no Bueno. Seriously, fixate your efforts more on your hunting and less on your neighbors.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 02:02 PM

Hmm, they are basically a passing thought whilst having fun in my retirement. Don’t worry about me friend, I melded into retirement 20 years ago and life is fun and awesome.

If you followed from the beginning, it was just a perplexing idea that at true hunter would put a blind so close to a camp with constant noise and activity.

“Worry” is a foreign concept to me.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 02:07 PM

If they're only a passing thought, I'd hate to see a full focused thought for you. Only 4 pages for this thread and mostly because you keep "going back to the well on it". They appear to be more in your head than you are wanting to acknowledge...

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 02:09 PM

Yes Sir, you would hate to be the focus of my attention. roflmao

Its only the perplexing situation that is looping. Kinda like if I saw someone fishing in a toilet. banana

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 02:14 PM

I'm certain I'd crumble under that focus and scrutiny, lolĺlllll...Keep doing U, which is obvious you intend on doing and I'll keep doing Me....

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 02:45 PM

cheers

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 03:44 PM

What the hell's the matter with you? You're only supposed to ask age/score/should I shoot questions on here and let the deer experts exercise their sovereign right to judge! Point out anyone being a dik, on here or in the real world, and there'll be hell to pay! (And you'll be psychoanalyzed.)

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 04:32 PM

Funny
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 04:59 PM

I'd just ignore the a holes and go on about my life.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 05:17 PM

Any chance your place is just SW of Menard?

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 06:35 PM

No confused2
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 08:48 PM

Any chance your place is just SW of Menard?

roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 09:18 PM

This told me all I need to know about the situation.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/20/23 11:38 PM

And ?

“age/score/should I shoot?”
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/21/23 12:06 AM

ACOG?

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/21/23 12:29 AM

https://www.trijicon.com/products/subcategory/trijicon-acog-riflescopes

I get off on engaging steel targets at various distances in low light.

Chainsaws, shooting, powerwashing, and weedeaters is like my compulsive enjoyment next to sex. chicken

I also enjoy pumping iron and doing bag work to “Dazz” by Brick and “how do you want it” by Tupac banana

Of course the mentally weak enjoy comfort/emotional support/service animals, prescriptions, and therapy. roflmao
Posted By: 8skate

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/21/23 05:50 AM

I'll be danged you know Rosey Palmer and her 5 sisters.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/21/23 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by 8skate
I'll be danged you know Rosey Palmer and her 5 sisters.

Not unless totally necessary, I usually go to my support animal for that.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/21/23 07:32 PM

Well...this thread took a turn!

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/21/23 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Well...this thread took a turn!

Someone with a InfoWars link in his sig, with a fixation about the folks across the fence, who is bragging about his hunter harassment of them without catching a case...yet...Nothing surprising about it taking a turn.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 01:08 AM

See, this ntxtrapper “type” individual is what I was originally soliciting for when I posted this thread. It shows the supremacism I thought I could possibly face with the “hunter harassment” Bovine Scat !

Matters not that on that on my own property, a retired GI, 200 plus combat missions, scars, missing body parts, and skin cancer that is irritated by sunscreens, decides to pursue his activities in low light. It only matters what the hunter wants. roflmao

If you think I’m fixated or bothered by the neighbors, completely wrong. Then again “ you have all you need to know about the situation”. A supremacist expert you are roflmao

Its folk like you and the right to be a supremacist, I sacrificed for flag

Prejudging me for the humor of infowars, too funny roflmao

Happy Thanksgiving food

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 02:22 AM

10 to 1 odds, a supremacist like ntxtrapper would be on the opposite end of the spectrum if hog hunters set up 25 yards from his bedroom window and shot hogs all night. He would all of a sudden be the victim of harassment. roflmao

He’d probably hire a lawyer, bug the law, and get an emotional support cat. roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 02:48 AM

You know what you were doing and so does everyone else on here. What a victim statement that was! If you're not black and gay, you're missing a hell of an opportunity.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 02:59 AM

Thats your supremacist bias talking. Its ok, we get it roflmao

“Hunters lives matter” roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 03:02 AM

Kinda like Biden determining who is black, “if you don’t vote for me, you ain’t black” roflmao

Doesn’t matter the truth, just the supremacist opinion.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 03:03 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 03:04 AM

The ideas you proposed are conspiracy

Kinda like Biden determining who is black, “if you don’t vote for me, you ain’t black” roflmao

Doesn’t matter the truth, just the supremacist opinion.

Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 03:10 AM

Treinta-Treinta, you're acting a lot differently lately. I hope it's just alcohol and not drugs.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 03:30 AM

Neither, not the clot shot either. Just having fun.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 03:34 AM

Neither, not the clot shot either. Just having fun.

Aight then, carry on. grin

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 04:12 AM

I’ve heard of white suprematist but I’m kinda dumb so please explain to me what you mean by it in the context you keep using the term.
Does it kinda mean that if you keep pushing their buttons as hard as you can that you might bring out the worse in them and that’s what you want? Am I close? Not taking sides but I don’t get your point or anything about what you are trying to get across with this thread.
1. Kinda seems like you are trying to prove that you can make enormous amounts of noise during prime hunting hours in deer country and no one can stop you. YOU WOULD BE CORRECT.
2. Kinda seems like your neighbors are not gonna like it and can’t stop you. YOU WOULD BE CORRECT AGAIN.
That’s it. All she wrote. No confusing suprematist verbiage needed.
Thank you for your service-sincerely.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 04:55 AM

Free, think .30-.30's prior solitude and range and camp sanctuary got thrown a curveball by invading neighboring hunters and he's trying to figure a pivot on things. Tough spot to be in, I get it...Don't remember .30-.30, have you all tried to have a nice discussion about it or is that getting too civil for either of you all?

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 05:19 AM

This is just weird now.
Hope you're ok T-T.

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 11:01 AM

Supremacist verbiage can apply to almost anything. Traditional bow -vs- crossbow, muzzle loader -vs- rifle, black -vs- white, rich -vs- poor…

One could make the case I’m against hunters. Its still not the case. I am still “perplexed” a hunter would setup in such a manner for an undisturbed hunt. Seems weird to invest so much time and resources to be disturbed.

There are no “curveballs” in my life, there is only life.

Not a big deal at all, just an entertaining subject for me. roflmao

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 04:43 PM

You may take this the wrong way but sounds like you are the "supremacist" here.
I hope it's not kids or youth hunts you are disturbing.
Harassing folks is entertaining ? I hoping I'm reading this wrong.
Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 05:47 PM

Wow! and this blind situation is still going on? Id thought by now someone would have sent a 30-06 round thru
the blind or so to give your neighbor the message! or its an ongoing deal! I would not have put up with it!

This is just something you dont do! And i guess the parties never got TPWD involved yet?

You hope the party thats there they didnt not sign a long term lease contract! then you have more headaches!

Hunt safe, happy turkeys....

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 08:13 PM

This is just something you dont do! And i guess the parties never got TPWD involved yet?

Call TPWD? What is he going to report? What is the legal complaint for the call?
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 08:28 PM

my mind thinks maybe .30-.30 is confusing "supremacist" and "superiority"

Both are typically followed by the word "complex" but have vastly different meaning in the context of what is being discussed.

Substitute "superiority complex" for every place he uses "supremacist" and I think thats the ticket...

I hope.

BTW, as FR stated, thank you for your service 30-30
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Neighbor’s Blind, your thoughts? - 11/22/23 08:41 PM

This whole thread is stupid and makes hunters look like retards, especially the OP. I get it, nobody likes a fenceline sitter, stick a note on the fence and let them read it or get over it. Constantly bumping the thread by the OP, just seems like he thinks the same offenders are on this forum or something.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum