Texas Hunting Forum

Coyote Strategy

Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Coyote Strategy - 07/12/22 08:33 PM

Need some pointers. They're hitting my goats and sheep a couple of times per week, looks like, usually between 9-10pm. Hope to use my Wraith this weekend on my AR and take them out.

My plan is to set up a 15' tripod near my goats' usual bedding spot and perform over-watch for a few hours each night. Will 100yds downwind, maybe veiled by a short tree, be ideal?

Wind should be SSE, which is the direction I suspect they will be coming from. However, once they clear the east-west fence, are they likely to make a circle and come in from the north for the attack?

How can I tell which yote is the mother-will she be the aggressor or trailer if there are two? (If it's not obvious based on size). Definitely want to take out the baby-maker first if I can.

Any help is appreciated!
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/12/22 09:34 PM

You might get lucky that way but I’d find where there coming under the fence and set up snares prior to attempting to shoot them. Snares hunt 24/7
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/12/22 09:38 PM

If they come in in pairs, shoot the one in back. The front one will usually run a bit and stop and look back. As for their approach, if they are hunting, I see them usually coming from downwind, but not always. That said, I’m not the coyote shooting champion of the world.
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/12/22 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
You might get lucky that way but I’d find where there coming under the fence and set up snares prior to attempting to shoot them. Snares hunt 24/7

Snares have worked good for us.
Took out more with snares than foot traps or calling.
Posted By: LuckyDucker_TTU

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/12/22 10:28 PM

Have you tried calling them? I’ve never had any luck sitting and waiting for them. How do you know they’re hitting them at 9 or 10?
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 02:08 AM

A female coyote is the smartest animal in the woods. Properly set foothold traps will outperform anything else. Unfortunately most hunters don’t have the knowledge or experience to make a proper set.
Posted By: Western

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
A female coyote is the smartest animal in the woods. Properly set foothold traps will outperform anything else. Unfortunately most hunters don’t have the knowledge or experience to make a proper set.

Agree. except I'd ad an old man dog is pretty sharp. Bad trapping/snaring/calling makes a graduate coyote. They rarely fall for the same thing twice.

9/10 they approach from the downwind if alert (sound/visual)

If they are going thru a fence, then a snare as mentioned, done right, is easiest and effective. Don't be surprised if its farm, feral dogs as well. Coyotes get blamed for a lot of things they don't do.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 05:17 AM

This isn’t going to be popular, but has worked well. Large salt water hook through the rear leg thigh of a live rabbit, staked to the ground. Nothing beats the sound of a live pissed off rabbit. Makes good dinner fare when you’re done hunting.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig
This isn’t going to be popular, but has worked well. Large salt water hook through the rear leg thigh of a live rabbit, staked to the ground. Nothing beats the sound of a live pissed off rabbit. Makes good dinner fare when you’re done hunting.

^^^^^^^

Are you serious.........!

What kind of sick F&%K would do this?

Advocating something that is nothing short of animal cruelty to attract a Coyote. We have electronic calls for a reason.

My God man.....do you pull the wings off of butterflies too.
Posted By: don k

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 11:37 AM

Snares are the best tool there is for getting coyotes.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by don k

Snares are the best tool there is for getting coyotes.

^^^^^^
Absolutely.

Find fence crossings, look for hair on bottom wire.

Use small diameter cable (NOT the bigger stuff for hogs).

Use Cam Locks (not Berkshires) and adjust the loop (pre-bend) to 'fire' so the loop closes very quickly initially.

Remember: Snares are do not discriminate so be sure you set them on Coyote trails and not ones used by deer. The lower the bottom wire of the fence the better.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 01:09 PM

I appreciate the suggestion about snares-we currently have over 80 out. We got one coyote at the end of April in a snare. Footholds are hard to manage with 100 goats and 35 cows in the pasture.

I'm just looking for specifics for this situation re: them attacking the herd and me providing overwatch.

These are seasoned to callers but I wouldn't mind a professional taking a crack at it.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
Advocating something that is nothing short of animal cruelty to attract a Coyote.

I'm guessing you never heard of this prior to today?

The one and only time I went out with coyotes as the target the guy leading the operation did this, or similar. I can't recall the hook but the rabbit was staked to the ground in the middle of the pasture making racket. We had a pile of them within a couple hours. I've never done it since and can't say I care for it but it works.

OP (Richard as I recall), I can't answer your question but have one of my own. Does the county offer any help? I've heard of them setting traps, I think it's poison though and I assume you have dogs.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Advocating something that is nothing short of animal cruelty to attract a Coyote.

I'm guessing you never heard of this prior to today?

The one and only time I went out with coyotes as the target the guy leading the operation did this, or similar. I can't recall the hook but the rabbit was staked to the ground in the middle of the pasture making racket. We had a pile of them within a couple hours. I've never done it since and can't say I care for it but it works.

OP (Richard as I recall), I can't answer your question but have one of my own. Does the county offer any help? I've heard of them setting traps, I think it's poison though and I assume you have dogs.

We have utilized the services of the county trapper-he has 5-6 cyanide guns out, but to my knowledge, we haven't gotten a coyote on a gun in ~3 years. It's odd, but the guns seem to work better at certain times of the year, typically Oct-Nov when it starts to cool off. The rest of the time they are ineffectual unless they've never seen one.

As to BP's suggestion, when you start regularly burning $100 bills due to coyotes, a couple of hours of discomfort for a rabbit doesn't seem harsh at all.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 01:48 PM

Do you have dogs? I had a Pyrenees/Mastiff mix that was heck on coyotes. After he killed the first couple, the coyotes would not enter his territory. Man I miss that dog.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Do you have dogs? I had a Pyrenees/Mastiff mix that was heck on coyotes. After he killed the first couple, the coyotes would not enter his territory. Man I miss that dog.

We've had dogs on/off over the years. When you get a good one, they're worth their weight in gold. Unfortunately our neighbors couldn't ascertain that these were working dogs and would actively cross a fence to work coyotes. SSS happened several times. But that's not a surprise given that they've been huge a-holes about coyote control. They won't let the trapper on their place (they have at least one den) and they won't let the helicopter fly it (even at my expense).
Posted By: PMK

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 01:56 PM

I haven't had this concern in a long time (maybe 20-30 years) but my dad called in the local (county?) government trapper who set up cyanide traps to give us some relief of the coyotes getting our baby goats & Barbados. It was very effective. I am not sure there is still a government program or agency that does this???

we had exhausted pretty much all other options, snares, traps, calling, etc. They got pretty smart after we took out a pretty good number. My dad was friends with the Burnham brothers in Marble Falls, that is where we got our calls and we tried them all ... the wounded jack rabbit call was the most effective, I used to make a joke about Murry Burnham taking a pair of vise grip pliers to a Jack Rabbit's luv nuts (ha, from previous thread regarding lug nuts) to make the recording (cassette tape) we had. It was very effective on a variety of varmints.

be persistent, spend as much time in that tripod as possible with your head on a swivel ... I would suspect they will come in with the wind to their nose following scent of the goats. I agree with shooting those following but be ready for the lead to stop and look back. Good luck!

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 02:57 PM

^^^^^^^

Advocating something that is nothing short of animal cruelty to attract a Coyote. We have electronic calls for a reason.

So this is different than hooking live fish and drowning them? Is that just because you can’t hear or see them?
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 03:41 PM

^^^^^^^

Well, He DID say that it was not going to be popular. My kids would disown me if I did that (they have pet bunnies...inside bunnies that get lots of love, not just a rabbit in a hutch outside), but I can see how this would be REALLY effective.
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 03:43 PM

Well, you have got a lot of advice. Since yotes are smart, calling will only work for a short time and then they'll wise up. The leghold traps, if livestock could get caught- a trap might damage the animal. Normally you only want the trap to hold the foot- not too tight but still, a possible issue. Several have suggested snares and I agree. Coyotes often walk right into them. If you know know much about modern snares, they are made out of cable with a slip lock that holds the animal but doesn;t kill it. The only way an animal will die with a modern type snare is if it jumps over a fence, etc. and hangs itself. The point is- if a goat gets caught, you should be able to release it unharmed.
No matter what you do, the yotes will wise up soon enough. A sheep dog might be the final solution.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Scott
Coyotes often walk right into them. If you know know much about modern snares, they are made out of cable with a slip lock that holds the animal but doesn;t kill it. The only way an animal will die with a modern type snare is if it jumps over a fence, etc. and hangs itself. The point is- if a goat gets caught, you should be able to release it unharmed.

Actually there are locking and non-locking snare types. And some of the non-locking ones (if pulled on hard enough to bend the slip lock) will lock down too.

I use cam locks on mine....they are non-relaxing. You can put 'stops' anywhere along the loop however to prevent strangling (if you like) or from deer or other animals being caught by the leg.

My purpose for using snares is generally for Feral Hogs....but also Coyotes. I use Cam Locks with the goal of having the snare itself kill the animal. So you need to know what you are doing and place snares only where you have a low chance of catching non target animals.

Coyotes DO learn fast and keeping their numbers down usually requires a multifaceted approach. When one technique begins to fail, go to something else. When neighboring properties join in.....it really helps.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 05:07 PM

^^^^^^^

So this is different than hooking live fish and drowning them? Is that just because you can’t hear or see them?

Yes it is different.

Fish don't feel or process pain the same way Mammals do.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130808123719.htm

And there are no animal cruelty laws concerning fish (that I am aware of).

And how the hell to do you 'drown a fish'? (do you mean suffocate)?

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 05:56 PM

^^^^^^^

Yes it is different.

Fish don't feel or process pain the same way Mammals do.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130808123719.htm

And there are no animal cruelty laws concerning fish (that I am aware of).

And how the hell to do you 'drown a fish'? (do you mean suffocate)?

It’s a saying “I’m going to go drown some minnows.” Lighten up a little
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/13/22 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted by jetdad

We've had dogs on/off over the years. When you get a good one, they're worth their weight in gold. Unfortunately our neighbors couldn't ascertain that these were working dogs and would actively cross a fence to work coyotes. SSS happened several times. But that's not a surprise given that they've been huge a-holes about coyote control. They won't let the trapper on their place (they have at least one den) and they won't let the helicopter fly it (even at my expense).

Man, that's a shame. I have/had good neighbors and they loved Curly. Once the coyotes wouldn't come on my place, he would hear them sing and take off to the neighbors' after them. He was a great pet though too. Fortunately he didn't go beyond me and the neighbor's place. I watched him corner one against the fence once and he was done with that coyote in no time. You're right, a good one is worth it's weight in gold. Good luck, I hate those mangy bastages. I'll give them credit for being wise. You don't fool them twice.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/14/22 12:06 AM

So......you are equating 'fishing' with hooking a rabbit through the thigh with a large saltwater hook in order to deliberately cause it stress and pain, so it will thrash around and scream in order to present the most 'authentic' call to lure a Coyote? Is that pretty much it?

Hell of an idea.

Don't hunters already get enough heat from PETA freaks and Tree Huggers that we don't need this kind of thing posted on the internet.
Posted By: fredgus

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/14/22 05:19 AM

i dont think you really want to know how the first rabbit distress tapes were made

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/14/22 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by fredgus
i dont think you really want to know how the first rabbit distress tapes were made

You mean robots didn’t create those sounds? roflmao
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/14/22 01:41 PM

So......you are equating 'fishing' with hooking a rabbit through the thigh with a large saltwater hook in order to deliberately cause it stress and pain, so it will thrash around and scream in order to present the most 'authentic' call to lure a Coyote? Is that pretty much it?

Hell of an idea.

Don't hunters already get enough heat from PETA freaks and Tree Huggers that we don't need this kind of thing posted on the internet.

[Linked Image]

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/14/22 02:24 PM

If you have documentation.....please provide it. But lets suppose or agree that the 'first' tapes were actual recordings of distressed rabbits (and they probably were) was it any less barbaric then? Or just more acceptable.

Surely, it is a good thing that we have progressed past the practices of 50 years ago.

So let me ask you pointedly: Do you support and condone the idea (today) of taking a large hook, hooking a live rabbit to it (tethered) and trying to attract coyotes with it? Would you do that too?

IF you have no problem with that, stand up and go on record.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/14/22 03:26 PM

If you have documentation.....please provide it. But lets suppose or agree that the 'first' tapes were actual recordings of distressed rabbits (and they probably were) was it any less barbaric then? Or just more acceptable.

Surely, it is a good thing that we have progressed past the practices of 50 years ago.

So let me ask you pointedly: Do you support and condone the idea (today) of taking a large hook, hooking a live rabbit to it (tethered) and trying to attract coyotes with it? Would you do that too?

To protect a man’s livelihood, I have absolutely no problem with it. Sounds like it would be highly effective. We are all in the food chain. Frankly, I enjoy being at the upper end of it.

I think squeamish hairy backed Mary’s do more damage to our hunting rights than an impaled staked down bunny. Those folks always cave under pressure… IMO.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/14/22 03:53 PM

On the locking cams, etc. Years ago snares were lethal and if a dog or goat, etc. walked into one it could choke to death trying to get away. What I was trying to same- for those that aren't up to date with modern snares, these cams relax back- if that makes sense. Once the animal stops yanking the snare opens up enough for the critter to breathe- so you can release a dog or goat unharmed. Hope I explained that correctly.
Also, snares are pretty cheap, Another plus.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/14/22 06:15 PM

dead_horse
Lighten up Francis

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/14/22 06:19 PM

On the locking cams, etc. Years ago snares were lethal and if a dog or goat, etc. walked into one it could choke to death trying to get away. What I was trying to same- for those that aren't up to date with modern snares, these cams relax back- if that makes sense. Once the animal stops yanking the snare opens up enough for the critter to breathe- so you can release a dog or goat unharmed. Hope I explained that correctly.
Also, snares are pretty cheap, Another plus.

Correct. But important to match the snare (and lock) to the intended target. I've seen 'relaxing' type snares pulled so hard that the washer or berkshire releasing/relaxing devices end up being locking type.

Snares for coyote/bobcat are inexpensive and even more so if you make your own. Which is good because often they end being a one time use item.
Posted By: ELKMTB

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/15/22 05:58 PM

What about donkeys?
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/16/22 09:36 AM

Propane cannons are commonly used to scare off unwanted wildlife and my experience has been they work quite well. I first learned of them from people in East Texas who used them to keep deer and other critters out of their watermelon fields. And because of their wariness to human activity, I’ve read they work quite well on coyotes. Not sure if your sheep and goats would get used to one but I know cattle will soon pay them no attention. They may also allow for lesser charges in order to lessen the noise level for neighbors.

Propane Cannon

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/17/22 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Propane cannons are commonly used to scare off unwanted wildlife and my experience has been they work quite well. I first learned of them from people in East Texas who used them to keep deer and other critters out of their watermelon fields. And because of their wariness to human activity, I’ve read they work quite well on coyotes. Not sure if your sheep and goats would get used to one but I know cattle will soon pay them no attention. They may also allow for lesser charges in order to lessen the noise level for neighbors.

Propane Cannon

Deer and hogs quickly acclimate to them as well. But I can tell you from experience.....having to listen to a Propane Cannon go off all hours of the night is most aggravating. Coyotes respond to hunting pressure quickly. They will either learn to go around your property or become more wary and only show up in the wee hours of the night.

Snares have always been the most effective solution for me. I live on my property and have snares out for Feral Hogs anyway....so its a viable solution for me. It might not be for others though.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/19/22 04:50 PM

Well, it looks like the hook through the rabbit leg isn't very popular. My question, does the yote actually get the hook in its mouth? It seems the yote would just eat around the hook and get away. I know in Africa on some lion hunts they put out a live goat but just tied to a stump, etc.- no hooks.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/20/22 01:10 PM

Well, it looks like the hook through the rabbit leg isn't very popular. My question, does the yote actually get the hook in its mouth? It seems the yote would just eat around the hook and get away. I know in Africa on some lion hunts they put out a live goat but just tied to a stump, etc.- no hooks.

Not if you shoot the 'yote first.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/21/22 03:10 PM

Well, all things considered, maybe the best way to protect sheep and goats is a couple of good dogs- plus you get the fun of having the dogs.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/21/22 04:03 PM

My father-in-law had a couple of llama's on his place for coyote's. Don't know how effective they were but he never mentioned having problems after got them.
Posted By: Ronnie Oneal

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/22/22 01:43 PM

If you dont think live animals are not still being used to create new sounds for ecalls in 2022 and into the future your wrong. I assure you we have not progressed past the practices of 50 years ago. We have progressed with better technology to record the sounds though.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/22/22 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ronnie Oneal

If you dont think live animals are not still being used to create new sounds for ecalls in 2022 and into the future your wrong. I assure you we have not progressed past the practices of 50 years ago. We have progressed with better technology to record the sounds though.

Then show me documentation and while we are at it Mr. Oneal, are you on board with hooking a live rabbit and staking it down to attract coyotes, please answer. I'd love to see you 'air' that on one of your shows.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/22/22 08:27 PM

Then show me documentation and while we are at it Mr. Oneal, are you on board with hooking a live rabbit and staking it down to attract coyotes, please answer. I'd love to see you 'air' that on one of your shows.

If you can find a show that we have aired showing a live rabbit staked out to attract predators then you will find your answer. Why are you so stuck on documentation? What kind of documents are you looking for? Guys all over the place create their own sounds. How do you believe these sounds are created? Im not saying EVERY sound is created by a live animal but for you to make the statement it dont happen is not true. I have 0 documentation and im not setting out to argue with you because honestly I could careless what you believe or dont believe. If you have hard facts thats live animals are not used then lets see your documentation. I would like to see it for every single person that has created sounds in the last 50 years.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/22/22 11:52 PM

Ronnie Oneal wrote:
If you can find a show that we have aired showing a live rabbit staked out to attract predators then you will find your answer.

I am certain I can not and would hope not. But my question to you Sir (which you purposely avoided answering) was: Are you onboard with the proposed practice/idea of using a large hook to impale a rabbit and stake it down. It's a simple question. IF you have no qualms about it...say so in public. And if it is such a good and effective method then why not employ it and air it.

Why are you so stuck on documentation?

Because I can find little on the subject myself after a cursory search except claims by some manufacturers that the electronic calls they have are produced 100% from live animals. (to include distress calls from birds and rabbits). Is this some dirty little secret of the industry?

How do you believe these sounds are created?

Calls could conceivably be made (these days) digitally or recording of mouth calls. Live animals are another possibility.
With respect to LIVE animals......'distress calls' are my only concern IF they take place at the hands of a human.

Recording the cries of a rabbit caught by a hawk, fox, coyote intent on killing and consuming it is understandable and is a perfectly natural act of nature.

Conversely the wanton act of impaling a rabbit, crushing a foot...or whatever is done to the hapless creature to get it to emit a scream is 'animal cruelty' pure and simple. And we have laws against that.

So here is my challenge: Each and every person here that has no problem torturing a living creature for no other reason than to get it to scream....go on record here and proclaim it proudly.

I'd really like to better understand the mentality here.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/23/22 12:58 AM

Ronnie Oneal wrote:
If you can find a show that we have aired showing a live rabbit staked out to attract predators then you will find your answer.

I am certain I can not and would hope not. But my question to you Sir (which you purposely avoided answering) was: Are you onboard with the proposed practice/idea of using a large hook to impale a rabbit and stake it down. It's a simple question. IF you have no qualms about it...say so in public. And if it is such a good and effective method then why not employ it and air it.

Because I can find little on the subject myself after a cursory search except claims by some manufacturers that the electronic calls they have are produced 100% from live animals. (to include distress calls from birds and rabbits). Is this some dirty little secret of the industry?

Calls could conceivably be made (these days) digitally or recording of mouth calls. Live animals are another possibility.
With respect to LIVE animals......'distress calls' are my only concern IF they take place at the hands of a human.

Recording the cries of a rabbit caught by a hawk, fox, coyote intent on killing and consuming it is understandable and is a perfectly natural act of nature.

Conversely the wanton act of impaling a rabbit, crushing a foot...or whatever is done to the hapless creature to get it to emit a scream is 'animal cruelty' pure and simple. And we have laws against that.

So here is my challenge: Each and every person here that has no problem torturing a living creature for no other reason than to get it to scream....go on record here and proclaim it proudly.

Ok ok ok...you got me LOL

You have a good day sir. Im not arguing with you.
Posted By: nebo

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/23/22 01:56 AM

Boy!! The people on here that get butt hurt is amazing. Big Pigs post on the rabbit started a real stur. Glad I did not post about the sardines and treble hooks about 4 ft off the ground. We called them swinging traps but I would not want to cause some Karen's here to unravel. Grow up y'all and grow a pair.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/23/22 03:32 AM

Rock knocker has really got his pantie's in a wad on this one. We get it but your not changing it. Shut the hell up already lol. Jesus Christ

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/23/22 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
Rock knocker has really got his pantie's in a wad on this one. We get it but your not changing it. Shut the hell up already lol. Jesus Christ

Well that was certainly an intelligent well thought out rebuttal.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/23/22 04:08 AM

Ronnie Oneal wrote:

Ok ok ok...you got me LOL

You have a good day sir. Im not arguing with you.

No less for you.

And not that it makes any difference but I watch and very much enjoy your productions. Spent untold hours in my youth varmint hunting and doing much the same thing, less anyone think I have a soft spot for predators or a gripe about any reasonable methods to hunt them. I've killed hundreds in my time and will continue to do so.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/23/22 11:45 PM

I have heard of staking a chicken out (tied by the leg) extra long small diameter rope, when you are set, yank the cord, chicken squawk's if there is any yotes in the area, they will come
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/23/22 11:53 PM

donkey's work best with just "one" more than one they just go off by themselves

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/24/22 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by colt45
I have heard of staking a chicken out (tied by the leg) extra long small diameter rope, when you are set, yank the cord, chicken squawk's if there is any yotes in the area, they will come

I can see that working. Hawk would probably swoop in and get it first where I am though.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/25/22 06:13 PM

I'm still thinking about llama's kicking the coyotes out of the place. Darn.

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/26/22 07:46 PM

I can see that working. Hawk would probably swoop in and get it first where I am though.

My wife has a yappy Pekingese, thinking of putting her (the dog) in a live trap and letting her bark her head off.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/26/22 08:09 PM

My wife has a yappy Pekingese, thinking of putting her (the dog) in a live trap and letting her bark her head off.

Video that please! roflmao

Re: Coyote Strategy - 07/26/22 08:22 PM

I'd pay good money to see that. grin

Probably need to do it when the Wifey is off visiting family or something though.

'Cause you know....you have to sleep sometime. Don't get caught.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum