Texas Hunting Forum

apple corn...

Posted By: Whack n stack

apple corn... - 08/08/18 05:19 PM

ive found good results with apple corn, whether its attracting hogs or deer. they taste a lot sweeter as well... grin what do yall think or have yall experienced?
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: apple corn... - 08/08/18 05:20 PM

Whatever, "You," thinks helps you helps you.
Posted By: huntindude

Re: apple corn... - 08/08/18 05:33 PM

It definitely smells better.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: apple corn... - 08/08/18 05:39 PM

Not near as effective as Indian Corn.
Posted By: don k

Re: apple corn... - 08/08/18 06:15 PM

Indian corn seems to hold the Deer better. Especially Bucks. I have tried to find Apple Scent Indian Corn but so far I have not had any success.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: apple corn... - 08/08/18 06:28 PM

Depends on which type of apples it was scented with. I think the Golden Delicious Apple Corn works best. But nowhere near as well as the Persimmon Corn and Acorn Corn. I've even heard the deer will stand on their hind legs to get to Peach Corn. But, if you really want good results and more consumption by your bucks, pour a bottle of doe-n-heat over your corn when filling feeders or broadcasting on the ground. The Fawn Corn works best for hogs and coyotes.
Posted By: Dodge_Rock

Re: apple corn... - 08/08/18 06:34 PM

My experience has been that Orange flavored, apple-scented, indian corn(fresh of the cobb) works best at attracting mature bucks only. Guess I'll have to go to regular corn to bring in does, spikes and 12" spread bucks.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: apple corn... - 08/08/18 06:40 PM

none of the apple corn I've tasted tasted like apples....its a scent not a flavor

Deer can smell it better however and this is what brings them in
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: apple corn... - 08/08/18 07:11 PM

The stuff actually works. In my experience, they come running. Wish I could find it around Granbury or Stephenville.

Re: apple corn... - 08/08/18 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
none of the apple corn I've tasted tasted like apples....its a scent not a flavor

Deer can smell it better however and this is what brings them in
Maybe you cooked it wrong.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: apple corn... - 08/08/18 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
Whatever, "You," thinks helps you helps you.

flag
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: apple corn... - 08/09/18 02:21 AM

IDK. There are no apple trees around where I hunt, so I use regular ole corn. Did buy some by mistake. Took a while for anything to come to it.
Posted By: Espy

Re: apple corn... - 08/09/18 02:27 AM

My vote is for apple flavored Indian kandy corn. its the best up
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: apple corn... - 08/09/18 02:50 AM

Any fruity flavored corn will attract hogs and cows more than deer.
Posted By: Mathp

Re: apple corn... - 08/09/18 05:23 AM

I used my road feeder to distribute Apple Corn in four directions and had as many as 17 deer in view during one sit. If I remember correctly they were all does, but of course that adds another attractant for the bucks. Small sample I know but it's hard to find!
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: apple corn... - 08/09/18 09:35 AM

Some guys I have that hunt one property, brought out a couple pallets of apple corn last year. I have a large hog trap near where the feeder is and they threw a bunch of bags of it around that area and even inside the trap. I watched the corn mold and waste away for months as nothing would touch it. The whole area was devoid of deer and hogs for months! I think I'll stick to plain old corn...
Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: apple corn... - 08/09/18 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
Indian corn seems to hold the Deer better. Especially Bucks. I have tried to find Apple Scent Indian Corn but so far I have not had any success.

Don i can bring you some. It all over the dfw area
Posted By: snake oil

Re: apple corn... - 08/09/18 05:03 PM

If you like a lot of pigs around...……..

Re: apple corn... - 08/09/18 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Bbcat78

A lot of BS up there. I don't know about apple scent Indian corn. Bring some along. Not the BS, the corn.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: apple corn... - 08/09/18 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Bbcat78

A lot of BS up there. I don't know about apple scent Indian corn. Bring some along. Not the BS, the corn.

scratch tis thinking the apple addative tis more for d sent attractant.
Like the diesel with corn & such. U might have had good luck, yet calling bs cause others didnt ? Guess i joined the club, tried the apple-corn, bang might been too much brows & acorns, went back ta straight corn.
Started seeing deer on cams again.
i gots cheap posts. Tis like spinach, prefurance of taste
Bbcat78 cheers mighty neighborly of ya.
popcorn edit be interesting ta hear how the apple-sented-indian-corn does.
flag
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: apple corn... - 08/10/18 05:44 PM

most walmarts carry a pallet of it in the fall and I just found some at the new feed store in Sherman that took over gander mountain.
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: apple corn... - 08/10/18 08:04 PM

Walmart is where the guys got the apple corn they dumped around my place. Walmart gave them a couple pallets of it as it was full of weevils and they just wanted to get rid of it. Beware....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum