Texas Hunting Forum

Wyoming draw results today

Posted By: Wytex

Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 01:31 PM

Anyone in for antelope or deer?
Waiting on our elk, antelope and deer results.
Draw odds backdoor show we should have our antelope and deer tags, elk are 1 in 6 odds.
Posted By: Fitzwho

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 02:06 PM

Burned my points for a buddy to get his first speed goat. Should be hunting the Thunder Basin National Grassland. Will know in another couple hours. I will have two Pronghorn hunts (hopefully two bucks in the freezer) under my belt by the time we start driving to Wyoming.

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 02:08 PM

Nice of you to average with him. Hope you get that tag !
Lots of rain up that way lately, should be a good year for horns.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 03:20 PM

We are in for antelope. My taxidermist/tenant here in mountain home is from Cheyenne and will be our guide. We’ll probably have to wait a few years to get enough points to draw.

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 03:45 PM

A little PP creep this year, but just a few PP should get you a tag in a decent area. With a resident knowing the land , a difficult access area may be just the ticket with lower odds.

Good luck !
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 04:08 PM

Drew out for speed goats! Will be my third trip, and I am beyond excited. Time to get my new 6.5 CM dialed in... rifle

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 04:15 PM

The whitetail tag did not pan out but we got our antelope and a great LQ elk tag. Lots of doe tags and cow elk tags to with them.
Posted By: Fitzwho

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 04:40 PM

Ended up with a second choice tag over by Buffalo, WY. A little more difficult access, but a quick check on OnX shows plenty of ground to cover. Now to find some road use maps for the area and make sure I’ll be legal. First choice unit went from a 100% draw with 1 point to a 0% draw with 1 or less.
Posted By: dradkins

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 07:38 PM

I drew a deer in region f and antelope in 83. Anyone ever hunted these areas? It’s my first trip.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 07:56 PM

Nada
Posted By: Slo_One

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 08:33 PM

Archery Mule Deer - Region R.
Can't wait it's an amazing unit!!
Posted By: Blank

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 08:44 PM

128 late whitetail, and two reduced price extra 128 doe tags. Plenty of meat this year.
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/21/18 09:11 PM

Blank, congrats from Texas. We hunted Semitar Oryx at Mason Mountain. Did a Buck Management Hunt with Mark and the guys last year at Mason Mountain.
Posted By: gusick

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/22/18 02:43 AM

I got elk and antelope.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/22/18 02:46 AM

Group application for antelope was successful and a few guys added bonus doe tags.

Deer was another story--- LOTS of creep-- at least 2 points worth. 3 guys went in together (all with the same # of points) and we did NR reg. The one guy out did special and he's the only one who drew. Last year it was guaranteed with one less point than we have. This year at our level it was only 30%....
Posted By: Blank

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/22/18 03:05 AM

CR: That sounds like a fun time. Can't wait to get drawn for something again. When the wife and I were in Fredericksburg and stopped in to see Mark and Jeff for the day. Great folks and they were nice enough to let us go down to the lodge. She wants to draw a tag now!!!

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/22/18 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dradkins
I drew a deer in region f and antelope in 83. Anyone ever hunted these areas? It’s my first trip.

You may have grizz issues on your deer hunt. Do some homework.

Re: Wyoming draw results today - 06/22/18 01:55 PM

Good luck all. We've had some conditions this spring for antler and horn growth.
I don't know the whole state, but can help with info in our neck of the woods here in and around the Laramie area.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum