Texas Hunting Forum

CO Draws Are Posting

Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

CO Draws Are Posting - 06/06/18 12:21 PM

CO is posting the results for the draw this week. Still waiting on antelope. Did not get my elk tag and that brings my PP up to 23. I want a unit 2 tag and am willing to wait for it. I did get my 2nd choice for a deer tag though. I drew the season choice tag for whitetails in units 101 and 102 which is a good tag to have. With it I can hunt any season and I've got access to a really good piece of private land in unit 102.

Best of luck gents
Posted By: Fitzwho

Re: CO Draws Are Posting - 06/07/18 02:39 AM

Yep. Got my 3rd rifle deer tag and now just anxiously waiting on antelope. Moose was today. I’ve only been doing this application game for 3 years now. But have put in for points and/or tags in 11 states this year (Washington, Oregon and CA are a bit non-resident friendly to say the least or I would be in there too). I think all in; including raffle tags, state draws and points, I had 92 apps in this year.
Posted By: copperhead

Re: CO Draws Are Posting - 06/07/18 03:46 AM

Did not draw Unit 61 on elk but did receive an OTC tag for an elk for 10/20-10/28.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: CO Draws Are Posting - 06/07/18 11:26 AM

My SIL and I drew tags for unit #70 in the 2nd rifle season. I have a question, do you carry sidearm when hunting in Co.? Reason I ask is that I know who is the slowest runner in the group.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: CO Draws Are Posting - 06/07/18 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: pigplinker
I have a question, do you carry sidearm when hunting in Co.?

I grew up in CO and was a CO resident for 52 years and hunted all over the state. I have never carried a sidearm while hunting and have never understood why anyone would. Just more weight to lug around. If you are worried about bears and cougars, I have seen lots of both in the state and every one I saw was putting distance between me and it. They are not dangerous. Besides if you can't protect yourself with your rifle then what makes you think you can with a pistol?

Just my 2 cents worth. Feel free to disagree if you wish.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum