Texas Hunting Forum

Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari

Posted By: BMD

Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/01/18 11:29 PM

Packing and finishing up getting ready. This trip a good friend of almost 30year who met on a lease when I was just a kid has recently retired and decided to spend the first week with us in the eastern cape. Will be his first time to Africa and has now decided he may harvest a few smaller plains game like the impala. Looking forward to spending time with an old friend, making new friends, and as always more memories with Kacee.
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 12:39 AM

Have a blast, wish I was going back. Forrest
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 01:08 AM

Good luck and safe travels.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: jeffbird
Good luck and safe travels.

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 04:50 AM

Thanks will post pics as we can.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 05:10 AM

Good luck!!
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 05:30 AM

Hope you have a great time and safe travels.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 10:41 AM

up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Hope you have a great time and safe travels.

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 02:07 PM

Thanks should be a great trip, Two years in the making.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 03:13 PM

Target animals for this trip?

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/02/18 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Target animals for this trip?

Lechwe, lioness, aardwolf permit denied, heartebeast, springbok, caracal, cape kudu and cape bushbuck, Vaal rhebuck, common and mountain reedbuck, possible Roan
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/03/18 12:07 AM

cheers
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/03/18 12:31 AM

BMD is the only person I know that has a full time job just to pay taxidermy bills.

Good luck, safe travels, have fun & smile in the pictures, you grumpy phart.
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/03/18 03:39 AM

I’d like to do another trip to Africa before I get to old.

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/03/18 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Gringocazador
I’d like to do another trip to Africa before I get to old.

Make it happen!

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/03/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Rustler
BMD is the only person I know that has a full time job just to pay taxidermy bills.

Good luck, safe travels, have fun & smile in the pictures, you grumpy phart.

Not as grumpy in my old age.
Posted By: texfork

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/04/18 09:23 AM

Good luck !

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/04/18 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: texfork
Good luck !

Thanks Tex
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/05/18 10:08 PM

What company are you hunting with?

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/05/18 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson
What company are you hunting with?

Allan Schenk Safari in Eastern Cape and then Cheetau for lioness in the Kalahari
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/05/18 11:19 PM

Be safe. A 15’ croc would be a cool mount. If I was Kacee that’s what I would add to the lion
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/06/18 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Be safe. A 15’ croc would be a cool mount. If I was Kacee that’s what I would add to the lion

No doubt

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/06/18 02:02 AM

hammer
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/06/18 03:27 AM

Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing the stories.

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/06/18 03:48 AM

We fly out Sunday another Father’s Day spent in Africa feel very blessed for sure.

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/09/18 01:56 AM

Friend and his wife we are meeting arrived and had pretty good first day. Looking forward to having a cold Castle Lite!

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/09/18 04:42 PM

You guys hold down the fort. Finally have long wait we leave tomorrow!

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/09/18 06:16 PM

Safe travels.....and successful hunts!

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/09/18 09:10 PM

Thanks Snake will be posting as we can.

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/10/18 02:47 PM

Headed to the airport!

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/10/18 04:30 PM

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/11/18 12:40 AM

In flight. WiFi is good hopefully another awesome trip in the making.

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/11/18 06:11 AM

Landing in Germany now.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/11/18 09:03 PM

Hopefully you're on the ground and sighting in now up Have a great hunt!!

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/11/18 10:21 PM

In the air now headed to j berg will then fly to eastern cape hunt starting Wednesday.

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/11/18 10:22 PM

Posted By: Rustler

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/11/18 10:56 PM

Great pics so far, they sure grow up fast, hope y'all enjoy every minute.

cheers

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/12/18 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Rustler
Great pics so far, they sure grow up fast, hope y'all enjoy every minute.

cheers

X2. Beautiful young woman now....all grown up....

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/12/18 01:57 AM

another 3000 miles and we are there. Will start a good thread We’d when she draws first blood

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/12/18 02:00 AM

Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/12/18 02:28 AM

BMD....you must have a pretty wife. smile Where is that last pic taken?
Posted By: nyalubwe

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/12/18 02:43 AM

YOU SUCK!

Yeah...its me..... cry

Re: Down to last week before heading to the Eastern Cape and Kalahari - 06/13/18 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Jgraider
BMD....you must have a pretty wife. smile Where is that last pic taken?

Frankfurt Germany
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum