Texas Hunting Forum

Hog hunting lease

Posted By: Hunterjake

Hog hunting lease - 05/19/18 08:28 PM

I am looking for hog hunting opportunities. Even willing to pay if the price is right. Not looking for a day lease. Id like to have year round access to some land JUST for hog hunting and be able to come and go as I please.

Me and a buddy have recently joined the world of thermal hunting and both have an AR setup with thermal optics. Problem is that neither one of us have a place to shoot pigs. I have a deer lease and am not interested in deer or any other game, only hogs.

Is there anybody that has or knows someone that has some land that will let us come out and clean up the hog population? Or even better treat it as our own lease and let us come and go as we please without getting permission every time?

We live in Waxahachie (Ellis county). Id like to be within an hour from home in any direction.

Its starting to feel like a lost cause. Let me know if you guys have any input.

two one four - two nine eight - nine six six four
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hog hunting lease - 05/20/18 01:04 AM

scratch Just bout every thing in texas is lease... First lease got on inthe 80's was because it offered 24-7-365 hog hunts. Even then we didnt do night hog hunts during deer season, mess up others hunts.
Wish ya the best of luck. My tagoto place for hog hunts was WMA, bang NO hog hunts at night though. Used scope over, green dot under on my AR for hog hunts S of house down by creek, had lean tree stand at edge of trees, & 15-25 yrd shots at feeders, celular lights in oval shape by creek were had feeder & deer food plot.
confused2 ya never know, some one might answer. Rumar has it thars a hog ploblem.
flag
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Hog hunting lease - 05/20/18 04:19 AM

Pretty sure most places are leased already. My buddy got on our deer lease just for hogs and turkey but pays the same. Haven't seen a hog since Jan. Shot around 30 last year. He day leases another place with tons of hogs but pays and runs his own feeders but pays when he wants to go.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Hog hunting lease - 05/22/18 11:43 AM

You have to pay to play. Plenty of Hog hunting available in the outfitters section.

So good news.......not a lost cause.

Most year round leases are for full hunting rights, not just hogs. So looking for year round hog leases is going to be tough. I've seen a few advertised in the leases section though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum