Texas Hunting Forum

Finding sheds

Posted By: KnoxCityNate

Finding sheds - 03/13/18 03:34 PM

This was my biggest shed ever until this morning that is.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Finding sheds - 03/13/18 05:30 PM

cheers
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Finding sheds - 03/13/18 05:37 PM

You're on the job, you're in a company truck, you're next to an oil well. You got permission to do what you're doing?
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Finding sheds - 03/13/18 05:51 PM

up
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Finding sheds - 03/13/18 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
You're on the job, you're in a company truck, you're next to an oil well. You got permission to do what you're doing?

Seriously?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Finding sheds - 03/14/18 02:59 AM

cheers
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Finding sheds - 03/14/18 12:19 PM

none of your business Dick Tracy
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Finding sheds - 03/14/18 12:23 PM

Well done Nate. up

Re: Finding sheds - 03/14/18 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Hey, you know if it were my property or my lease I wouldn't be all giddy about the oil field traffic doing what he is doing and people wonder why not everyone loves them.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Finding sheds - 03/14/18 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: jetdad

Seriously?

There's always a hater in the crowd. Nice find OP

Re: Finding sheds - 03/14/18 02:21 PM

Great question.
Lucky for me I've been on this property 3 days a week for the past 3 years now. I know the land owner and the property manager. Every single shed I have found has been within 30 to 40 yd off of the county roads that I travel, or right next to a fence line on the County Road. So I do not go out of my way to walk a hundred yards into a field to find a shed nor can I spot them that far. Also lucky for me the land owner could care less about deer and I have shown him a few of the sheds I found, which I get a thumbs up every time.

Re: Finding sheds - 03/14/18 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Hey, you know if it were my property or my lease I wouldn't be all giddy about the oil field traffic doing what he is doing and people wonder why not everyone loves them.

Fortunately this guy loves us because he makes a [censored] of money off of this oil lease. And the better we maintain these oil wells the more money he makes. But you are right unfortunately there are some roustabout crews on certain locations that do not respect properties like they should.

Re: Finding sheds - 03/14/18 02:55 PM

Well there you go, nice find, glad yal get along.

Re: Finding sheds - 03/14/18 03:04 PM

Thanks Red,appreciate that.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Finding sheds - 03/15/18 10:36 PM

Been looking for a bigger shed me-self, one i got now just barely get a weed-eater in it.
coolpics Nice found several at OSBWMA on hog hunts.
flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum