Texas Hunting Forum

What is this? (Graphic)

Posted By: TAT

What is this? (Graphic) - 01/23/18 06:01 PM

My buddy sent me a pic of a black buck doe he found taking its last breaths. He wasn't sure what was wrong with it so he took it back and gutted it and this is what he found. Not the baby, all the black stuff on the organs. Why do y'all think it could be.

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/23/18 06:03 PM

The BB wasn't shot or anything like that. No visible wounds. Just what you see in the pic.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/23/18 06:37 PM

Couple things it could be, first and foremost an infection, either of a placenta or of something else in the gut, like a ruptured intestine or something from maybe something she ate?

Another possibility is there could have been twins but one of the amniotic sacks ruptured early leading to an infection and death?

Another possibility would be some sort of internal bleeding from any sort of thing, tubal pregnancy, etc could lead to this.

The consistency of the black stuff would be telling and if there was a foul odor to suggest infection, but if the black stuff was almost gelatinous and not super odoriferous, then probably internal bleed of some sort

So many possibilities by just the picture alone
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/23/18 08:42 PM

Damaged lung tissue?
Posted By: Rustler

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/23/18 11:25 PM

End stage blackleg?
Any swelling of lung or muscle tissue?
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/24/18 12:27 AM

Heavy smoker.
Posted By: txmudder

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/24/18 12:52 AM

Mesothelioma
Posted By: mow

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/24/18 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Heavy smoker.

banana
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/24/18 03:21 AM

Lol
Posted By: mdryg1970

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/24/18 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Heavy smoker.

Always a wise guy in the room. Lol
Posted By: rob valle

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/24/18 03:24 PM

I gotta say that would be coyote bait....not normal and I wouldn't risk eating it.
Posted By: ronlhodges

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/24/18 04:03 PM

I wouldn’t eat that meat either . Could have been any of the reasons above but my first thought is some kind of cancerous germ or bad infection . But if there were twins and one ruptured there should still be signs of a carcess just like the other one only black also .

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/27/18 03:12 AM

Cancer came to my mind but I have no idea. I never got to look at it in person. It was not eaten either. Lol. Thanks for all the info above guys. From what he told me the black stuff wouldn't wipe off. It's like it was growing on the inside. Appeared to be spreading too from the looks of it. I wish I could I tell yall more about lung damage and tissue damage. It would have helped. Thanks again. No other animals have shown an signs of problems.

She wasn't a smoker either. Her sister was but gave it up for her New Years resolution! smile
Posted By: budward

Re: What is this? (Graphic) - 01/28/18 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Couple things it could be, first and foremost an infection, either of a placenta or of something else in the gut, like a ruptured intestine or something from maybe something she ate?

Another possibility is there could have been twins but one of the amniotic sacks ruptured early leading to an infection and death?

Another possibility would be some sort of internal bleeding from any sort of thing, tubal pregnancy, etc could lead to this.

The consistency of the black stuff would be telling and if there was a foul odor to suggest infection, but if the black stuff was almost gelatinous and not super odoriferous, then probably internal bleed of some sort

So many possibilities by just the picture alone

I think we have a doctor in the room.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum