Texas Hunting Forum

Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas?

Posted By: Mr. T.

Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/12/18 05:53 PM

I am posting this here instead of on the "land and lease" section because I am just putting out feelers to see if anyone would be interested in leasing 100 acres next year during Muzzle loader season only. Most important, I will have hunted the property all gun season. No one hunts during bow season.
Please tear this apart and let me know the good or bad or if I'm just dreaming.
1. 100 acres that is 50 acres planted pines and 50 acres hardwood creek bottom.
2. 2 nice stands on property, (tower 5x8 and ground 4x6) with heaters. I hope to have a 3rd stand by next year, but can't promise that.
3. You will be hunting over 3 acre food plot and 2 acre food plot but it may all be dead by January.
4. Corn feeders are all run year around.
5. Welcome to hunt ducks, 2 acre duck slough.
6. Welcome to hunt all the hogs you want.
7. No water or electric on property, but a campsite. 9 miles into town for motel and restaurants.
8. Wife, son, daughter may hunt but off of your tag only. Except for hogs of course and no limit on them.
9. Cost, $500
Thank you in advance to all who respond. I'm really just try to help pay the corn bill for the year.
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/12/18 09:43 PM

Early archery season you might get interest but late ML probably not, I might be wrong though.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/13/18 01:31 AM

Sounds like a great way for someone without a lease to get a couple of deer. The ducks and hogs would be a huge plus. If we have a muzzleloader season next year you should not have any trouble finding someone to take you up on this.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/13/18 10:32 AM

Sounds like a good deal, but I wouldn't advertise that part about family hunting off the leasers tag. I understand the intention, but it's illegal. Maybe re-phrase it so it's clear each has their own license but only the amount of deer allowed on one license in that county will be taken in total.
Posted By: Mike Mathena

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/13/18 01:12 PM

500 just for m.l season, Or until next deer season?
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/13/18 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Mathena

I read $500 for just muzzleloader only season.

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/13/18 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
Originally Posted By: Mike Mathena

I read $500 for just muzzleloader only season.

Yes, $500 for just the two weeks of muzzle loader season, and I will rephrase to say that what can be killed legally if son or daughter is hunting.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/13/18 07:37 PM

I would be interested if the $500 was for the ML season and also allowed year round for hogs/ducks. But if it is only for 2 weeks, I'll pass. I like to take 2 does for the freezer and I can get those on day hunts for less than $500.

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/13/18 08:31 PM

Please, You will not offend me. Just looking for if you think this offer for next year would be worth it for anyone. You can give your opinion good or bad.
Thanks,
Tommy
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/14/18 01:36 AM

I figure someone will think it’s a good deal and take you up on it.... 2cents
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/14/18 03:50 AM

Just wondering.. you are the land owner Mr T? And not someone looking to sub-lease their hunting lease?
Posted By: Eddie Burns

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/14/18 03:58 AM

Bow and muzzleloader season for 1000 sounds better!

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/14/18 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Just wondering.. you are the land owner Mr T? And not someone looking to sub-lease their hunting lease?

Yes, I am the land owner. I estimate that I will put out about $1,000 worth of corn next year and $500 in seed for food plot and just trying to recoup a little of that.

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/14/18 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Eddie Burns
Bow and muzzleloader season for 1000 sounds better!

Never considered that. Something to think about.
Posted By: Dien

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/15/18 03:23 AM

Not worth it imo, for less you can get a guaranteed meat hunt

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/17/18 03:16 PM

FYI, I have had two different people who want to lease it just for the duck hunting and one young man who only lives about 7 miles from the place for Muzzle loader season. I am going with the young man as he can help with a few things around the place that I'm just to old to do.
So, I guess I have answered my own question and just wanted to let everyone know the outcome of would someone want to lease just during muzzle loader season after it had been hunted during the rifle season.
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/18/18 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
FYI, I have had two different people who want to lease it just for the duck hunting and one young man who only lives about 7 miles from the place for Muzzle loader season. I am going with the young man as he can help with a few things around the place that I'm just to old to do.
So, I guess I have answered my own question and just wanted to let everyone know the outcome of would someone want to lease just during muzzle loader season after it had been hunted during the rifle season.

That young man is excited. He better do all you ask of him.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/18/18 03:57 PM

Not too bad of a deal, especially for those of us who have to go out of state to do muzzy hunts for bucks!

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/18/18 04:06 PM

Yes, I hope it ends a win - win for the both of us.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Any interest in leasing just the Muzzle loading season only east Texas? - 01/18/18 04:19 PM

That should be a great deal, win-win.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum