Texas Hunting Forum

Trail Cam "Locked"

Posted By: TexFlip

Trail Cam "Locked" - 12/18/17 02:34 PM

I've got a Wildgame innovations camera that says "lock" when the SD card is put in. The card is not in the lock position and I have tried multiple cards and formatted them. I have pushed the "reset" button and removed the batteries over night. Status is the same. Any ideas or trash it. I purchased it new last year but the manufacture date is 2014.
Posted By: 06roadglide

Re: Trail Cam "Locked" - 12/18/17 03:10 PM

Try a different card. Moultrie do that.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Trail Cam "Locked" - 12/18/17 04:12 PM

I would try their customer support and see what they say.

Is there a size limit on the cards it will take? Is the card within the limit?

Had a problem with a camera in a similar situation but it would only take a few pictures, found out I had stuck an ancient sd card in it that would only hold that many photos swapped it out with a much larger card and good to go. I have had problems in the past with some older cameras that wouldn't accept a 4 gig card (they were stealth cams though)
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Trail Cam "Locked" - 12/18/17 04:22 PM

I think I spotted your problem. It's a Wildgame Innovations camera. I had one that never worked right from day one. Give up on it and get a Browning.

Re: Trail Cam "Locked" - 12/18/17 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasKC
I think I spotted your problem. It's a Wildgame Innovations camera. I had one that never worked right from day one. Give up on it and get a Browning.

That's what I'm thinking. I knew better but midway had them for $30 and I bought 4.
Posted By: crozierk

Re: Trail Cam "Locked" - 12/18/17 04:35 PM

Cant vouch for all wild game cams, but I have two of the cloak 12 or whatever (about 70 bucks, comes with an SD card) and I havent had any problems with them yet other than the first time I tried to change the SD cards. Did it wrong and it didnt take any pics, but once I figured out theyve been fine. Havent tried anything other than the SD cards they came with.
Posted By: JMalin

Re: Trail Cam "Locked" - 12/19/17 04:23 AM

There’s a little sliding tab on the side of the SD card that needs to be adjusted back to the “unlocked” position.
Posted By: hetman

Re: Trail Cam "Locked" - 12/19/17 07:35 AM

Originally Posted By: JMalin
There’s a little sliding tab on the side of the SD card that needs to be adjusted back to the “unlocked” position.

winner banana2

Re: Trail Cam "Locked" - 12/19/17 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: hetman
Originally Posted By: JMalin

winner banana2

Guess y'all didn't bother to read the OP.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum