Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone Use Netting in Your Window?

Posted By: Stub

Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/11/17 03:41 PM

My wife found this camo netting about 7 years ago and I use it in the blind when I have the window open when there is decent to good light. It makes it a lot harder for the deer to see you and allows you to move around more without getting busted and you still have good field of view up . Anyone else use it?

Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/11/17 03:50 PM

Yes, exactly like that.

It will help give you a chance at a wiley old buck. Both bucks shot out of my blind this year were staring/checking it out from the time they came into the field.

It’s the little things.....
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/11/17 03:53 PM

I like good quiet small windows. Sit with the windows closed and open when needed.

Do those blow in the wind? I would think that movement wouldn't be favorable. I do keep curtains on the inside of the side/back windows I'm not looking through to keep from getting silhouetted.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/11/17 03:57 PM

I've used burlap many times
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/11/17 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
I like good quiet small windows. Sit with the windows closed and open when needed.

Do those blow in the wind? I would think that movement wouldn't be favorable. I do keep curtains on the inside of the side/back windows I'm not looking through to keep from getting silhouetted.

Wind is usually not a big issue where I hunt. When it is, I just use push pins to tack down the bottom. If need to shoot (rifle or camera) they pop right out.

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/11/17 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: redchevy

Wind is usually not a big issue where I hunt. When it is, I just use push pins to tack down the bottom. If need to shoot (rifle or camera) they pop right out.

I am with you NP up if the wind is blowing I use a couple of push pens also.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/11/17 04:05 PM

We always use curtains in our stands. Always black out the back window. All others get mesh unless it's really hot, then we'll black out the window facing the sun. All of our stands are metal. We use magnets top and bottom to prevent the curtains from moving in the wind.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/11/17 05:11 PM

I like to black out the window on the opposite side of the blind either with a curtain or something that doesn't let light through. If they can see even an outline of your head when they look at the blind and you move they can see the movement.
I only open the front window most of the time and netting on the sides so I can see around me.
If you are 30' up in the air in a tower I don't think you have to worry.
Posted By: Teal28

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/11/17 07:00 PM

Yep use them in the back window so I don't silhouette.
Posted By: TackDriver

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/11/17 07:16 PM

I use tinted plexiglass on my blind, just open a crack to let air in, and open wider when you ready to shoot.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/12/17 12:43 AM

Just use camo curtains to block out light from back and sides. Tacked at top but not bottom so you can still peek out if needed. Plus heavy curtains can help with scent.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/12/17 03:22 AM

I use the same netting Stub, and I also use curtain rods for it.
Posted By: nak

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/12/17 04:25 AM

I have camo burlap hanging over the blind windows on the outside. In low light I can pull it to the side. Its always there, always moving in the breeze.
Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/12/17 02:58 PM

up I put a blind up last year and used the same thing. Works just fine.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/12/17 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
Just use camo curtains to block out light from back and sides. Tacked at top but not bottom so you can still peek out if needed. Plus heavy curtains can help with scent.

Use clothes pins to hold up flaps from the bottom. Doesn't take much of a gap to see and shoot. up

Re: Anyone Use Netting in Your Window? - 12/12/17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Originally Posted By: Halfadozen

Use clothes pins to hold up flaps from the bottom. Doesn't take much of a gap to see and shoot. up

If I have the netting down and there are deer close but my target animal is further back, I slip my rifle under the netting and squeeze off up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum