Texas Hunting Forum

Quick help with new mexico elk hunt.

Posted By: Jwright1184

Quick help with new mexico elk hunt. - 12/10/17 05:19 PM

Hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone had any knowlege on new mexico drawn elk hunts? My dad and i are wanting to plan a trip in a year or two, and as i started my research, i found out very quickly how lost i was. Where do i even start? I read something that said in order to apply for a drawn hunt you have to buy a liscense first. Does this mean im out a few hundred bucks if i dont get drawn? Also we would like to try and go as a group. My main question is, is it possible to apply as a group.

Any info. Or guidance would be greatly aprieciated
Posted By: DOD

Re: Quick help with new mexico elk hunt. - 12/10/17 05:40 PM

You have to register with the New Mexico Fish and Game on their website to apply for tags. Yes you can apply as a group (up to four people) simply follow instructions provided, each person in the party must register to apply for the tag. You have to buy a Non-Resident license when you apply for a tag, but there is a box you should check that will refund the cost of the license and tag application, minus a small processing fee (about $18 IIRC) Just go online http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/ and read their web site it is not that complicated. It will tell you about Hunter education requirements and Off Road vehichles if you plan to bring one?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Quick help with new mexico elk hunt. - 12/10/17 05:44 PM

Yes you can apply as a group think up to 3 or maybe four people. Their website is pretty clear
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Quick help with new mexico elk hunt. - 12/11/17 01:06 AM

If you vacation there, I highly recommend stopping at one of their field offices and ask questions. The one in Roswell has people that are really helpful.
Posted By: Jwright1184

Re: Quick help with new mexico elk hunt. - 12/11/17 04:10 AM

Thanks for the info, i will check this out for sure
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum