Texas Hunting Forum

Online hunters education

Posted By: Aggieman775

Online hunters education - 11/24/17 12:55 PM

I hope y’all had a fantastic Thanksgiving anyway buddy of mine told me he took his hunters ed course completely online if you are over a certain age. My aunt did not want to do it before when you cannot do it all online because with three kids all under the age 10 where are you going to find a time plus she works. I was wondering if somebody could post the link for the all online course for me?
Posted By: SR025

Re: Online hunters education - 11/24/17 04:16 PM

https://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hunter-education/online-course-for-certification
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: Online hunters education - 11/27/17 06:04 PM

Any one over 17 may take the course online only. However you have to take it from one of the online services, the one on the TPWD page is for kids who will take the field day and pay then.

Check the cost carefully, some are $15.00 and others up to $30.00. Just type in Texas online hunter ed and they will pop up.
Posted By: varnoldi13

Re: Online hunters education - 11/27/17 08:18 PM

speaking of online course , when did Texas stop mailing out actual cards. Took mine online in Sept. and the website said it could take up to 6 weeks to receive the actual card in the mail and let me print a temp card. Well the first week of Nov came around and I called the web site , to find out " Tx no longer mails out hard copy cards and go to the TPWD web site to print card"
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Online hunters education - 11/27/17 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: varnoldi13
speaking of online course , when did Texas stop mailing out actual cards. Took mine online in Sept. and the website said it could take up to 6 weeks to receive the actual card in the mail and let me print a temp card. Well the first week of Nov came around and I called the web site , to find out " Tx no longer mails out hard copy cards and go to the TPWD web site to print card"

No idea but that’s awesome, trust me if you hunt out of state, the print option is huge!!
Posted By: CB09

Re: Online hunters education - 11/28/17 08:05 PM

To piggy back off your question, i was with some younger hunters over the weekend and the discussion came up about this. On my license it says HE required but on theirs it already had the HE # on the license so they don't need a card. Anyone know why i have to keep up with my card and the number would not be on the license? I got a ticket a couple years ago for not having my card so i had to go on the website and request a new one and it is a pain to keep up with both.

Re: Online hunters education - 11/28/17 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: CB09

To piggy back off your question, i was with some younger hunters over the weekend and the discussion came up about this. On my license it says HE required but on theirs it already had the HE # on the license so they don't need a card. Anyone know why i have to keep up with my card and the number would not be on the license? I got a ticket a couple years ago for not having my card so i had to go on the website and request a new one and it is a pain to keep up with both.

Next year make sure they put your Hunter Ed Number on your license, Then you do not have to carry Hunter Ed Card "In Texas".

The requirement to print your card came with the new online registration system, but you have been able to print replacements on line for several years.
Posted By: AdanV

Re: Online hunters education - 11/29/17 06:19 PM

This is where I went: https://www.texashuntered.com/

Read the instructions on the website. Some offer the exam, but still need to do a field test.
The one that I went didn't require a field test. I'm 36.

But as others said, there's IFs and BUTs on whether you can be fully certified online or not.

Cost $15 and I can save my progress so I won't have to be spend all day doing it.

Re: Online hunters education - 11/29/17 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: AdanV
This is where I went: https://www.texashuntered.com/

Read the instructions on the website. Some offer the exam, but still need to do a field test.
The one that I went didn't require a field test. I'm 36.

But as others said, there's IFs and BUTs on whether you can be fully certified online or not.

Cost $15 and I can save my progress so I won't have to be spend all day doing it.

This is a good one, I got mine here. Just select over 17, no field day, take the course, pay for the course, print your card. Simple as that.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Online hunters education - 11/29/17 09:52 PM

I took the online course back in August and printed out the temporary card and it expired in Nov. and I still haven't received a card.
Tried the TPWD website to print out a card and it came back with not match results, so what web. site will let you print out a permanent card?
Posted By: varnoldi13

Re: Online hunters education - 11/29/17 11:43 PM

Contact the website. If you have a valid hunters ed. It should show up on tpwd

Re: Online hunters education - 11/30/17 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo

I took the online course back in August and printed out the temporary card and it expired in Nov. and I still haven't received a card.
Tried the TPWD website to print out a card and it came back with not match results, so what web. site will let you print out a permanent card?

https://tpwd.elementlms.com/ follow the link, click am I Citified, create an account, print your card.
Posted By: fisher_of_man

Re: Online hunters education - 12/08/17 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: CB09

The Hunter Ed number will appear on a hunting license unless the information given to the license vendor does not match the hunter education system data. To get it synced up, please call 800-792-1112/4999 or email education@tpwd.texas.gov
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Online hunters education - 12/09/17 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

https://tpwd.elementlms.com/ follow the link, click am I Citified, create an account, print your card.

That works if you are in the system.
Took the course back in August still not listed. Only have my bowhunters education course I took years ago.
I called and they gave me a song and dance answer and said they were going to resubmit and give me another temporary, but that temp is still not listed.
When I called and they ask me "what state" I knew I was in trouble.

The course I took, and I sure hope I don't have to take it over again.
https://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hunter-education/online-course-for-certification
Posted By: brianaustintx

Re: Online hunters education - 12/09/17 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

Thank you for this!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum