Texas Hunting Forum

Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/05/17 09:18 PM

In 2018, the general hunting season for white-tail deer season might for the first time in 17 years have uniform opening and closing dates that apply statewide, ending what has been a set of deer-season dates that have given South Texas hunters two weeks longer in the field.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/o...ng-12332305.php
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/05/17 09:20 PM

Interdasting......
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/08/17 05:48 PM

I thought the next set of deer season regulation changes wasn't set to happen until 2020, 4 year rolling cycle. I honestly don't think this is a good idea for north texas.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/08/17 06:01 PM

Doesn't texas have one of the longest general seasons to bgin with? I cant see it changing much.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/08/17 06:09 PM

I wonder if the deer know they will be expected to rut for a third time. lol444
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/08/17 06:13 PM

I don't understand why anyone would think this was a negative. You can only shoot the same amount of deer. It just gives you a little longer season to do it.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/08/17 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
I don't understand why anyone would think this was a negative. You can only shoot the same amount of deer. It just gives you a little longer season to do it.

Yelp, only thing is panhandle wise January puts deer in to very limited food sources. But majority are busted up anyway.

I had rutting deer last day of season in Webb. I think they should take three weeks off front and move it to the back, but that’s STX specific
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/08/17 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Doesn't texas have one of the longest general seasons to bgin with? I cant see it changing much.

Maryland is 5 months
Posted By: Cowboy9215

Re: Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/08/17 11:41 PM

I like the season time. I just wished the cold would hit sooner, bow season is hot. Another 2 weeks would be nice if you were not able to get a deer another time. I’m personally tired at the end of season and ready for some crappie fishing
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/09/17 04:22 AM

Why don't they at least make it the same length every year? Last year it was 8 weeks and this year 9 weeks due to how they end it first Sunday in January. We get screwed 2 out of 7 years the way it is setup now.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Longer white-tail deer season in North Zone among rule changes being discussed - 11/10/17 03:10 AM

I'd go for that...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum