Texas Hunting Forum

Greenland Muskox Hunts

Posted By: Erny

Greenland Muskox Hunts - 10/26/17 01:03 AM

I know this is a long shot but has anyone been on a muskox hunt in Greenland. I have been looking and there are just a few outfitters on line. I was hopping someone on here had gone and could recommend someone.

Thanks
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 10/26/17 01:42 AM

Nope, but I've sure looked at it a couple of times.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 10/26/17 01:52 PM

On Accurate Reloading there are a number of Scandinavian hunters who have done the hunt. I'd think running a search with a muskox keyword would turn up what you need.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 10/27/17 02:00 PM

Keep us posted if you decide to go. Sounds like an easy hunt, but a lot of effort getting there.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 10/27/17 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
Keep us posted if you decide to go. Sounds like an easy hunt, but a lot of effort getting there.

aim
Best of luck. Keep us posted please...
Posted By: Fitzwho

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 10/27/17 10:47 PM

This one is definitely on the list. There or Nunavut.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 10/28/17 02:34 AM

I would love to hear the story and see the pics. But not one I will ever do.

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 10/29/17 06:51 PM

Still looking the most prominent company on the web for these hunts came back with in my option a high price. It is several thousand more than I was planning on spending. But in there defense it’s a luxury hunt done out of boats.

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 10/30/17 02:27 PM

https://www.facebook.com/dalton.workman.902/posts/380815308954528

Did you talk to this guy? Price seems pretty good.

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 10/31/17 07:35 PM

Eddie, that link does not work. When I looked up his Facebook page I saw nothing on muskox.

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 11/01/17 01:56 PM

Guess it's been too long. I have it in my "saved" folder. Here is what it says.

Dalton Workman
February 5 ·
********MUSK OX HUNT********
All I have a killer deal on Greenland hunt i will be going on this hunt next August and I have many dates available this is a killer deal with a great outfitter.
-Single bull Musk ox is $4,100 USD
-Musk ox/ caribou combo is only $5,050 USD
This is includes lodging food and all license!
Please pm me with any further questions.

I never met Dalton, but I am FB friends with him. I can't comment on him anymore then that, but if I was serious about hunting Muskox, I would give him a call and find out what he has to offer. Here is a link to his FB page if you want to look into this.

https://www.facebook.com/dalton.workman.902?lst=1313824209%3A100010781868699%3A1509544451
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 11/02/17 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Erny
I know this is a long shot but has anyone been on a muskox hunt in Greenland. I have been looking and there are just a few outfitters on line. I was hopping someone on here had gone and could recommend someone.

Thanks

Bowhunter TV on the sportsman channel is showing a Greenland musk ox hunt with Outfitter Frank Feldmann.

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 11/02/17 02:16 AM

Thanks Eddie I will give him a call.

Mbravo - I have already looked at his website. I am not interested in a bow hunt. Thanks for the lead, though.

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 11/04/17 10:15 PM

They are wanting $6,800 for this one. I have no idea if they are legit, or not. Just saw it on AR http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/832100588/m/9781023632
Posted By: jaustin

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 11/05/17 03:34 PM

Arjun Ready is the real deal. He is completely legit.

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 11/06/17 03:54 AM

Thanks again Eddie. I have talked to some people who did a Canadian musk ox hunt. They swore they would never do it again. They said the aboriginal people were very difficult to deal with. That is why I was looking at Greenland.

Re: Greenland Muskox Hunts - 11/06/17 01:50 PM

Good to know. If I did it, I think Greenland would be more fun. Another country that I've never been to, and wouldn't go to for any other reason.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum