Texas Hunting Forum

We owe you an apology

Posted By: hetman

We owe you an apology - 10/19/17 08:59 PM

Dear Texas Hunter,

Regrettably, an error on the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s Big Time Texas Hunts web pages provided incorrect information, giving the impression that you could not buy Big Time Texas Hunts entries on October 15, the last day entries could be purchased.

As a result, you and others who planned to buy entries using links on the website may have been unable to do so.

First, let us sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have created for you. An event such as this has never occurred. Rest assured, we will be ever more vigilant to make sure this does not happen again.

Second, in fairness to all of those who tried – but could not purchase their entries – we are able to offer this solution: for a 24-hour period on Friday, October 20, customers will be able to purchase entries for 8 of the 9 hunt packages online.
Entries will be available for BIG TIME TEXAS HUNTS for an additional 24-HOUR WINDOW
When: Friday, October 20 from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Central Time (CT)

Where: Online

For your convenience, here are links to the 8 Big Time Texas Hunts packages that will be available online for this additional sales period:

Texas Grand Slam | Ultimate Mule Deer Hunt | Premium Buck Hunt

Waterfowl Adventure | Big Time Bird Hunt | Exotic Safari

Wild Hog Adventure | Texas Gator Hunt

*Note: Whitetail Bonanza entries are not available during the additional 24-hour sales period on October 20 due to the critical timing of hunts that are scheduled to correspond with the anticipated rut in certain parts of the state. These winners will be drawn and notified this week to ensure timely notification and the highest quality hunt possible.

Again, we regret this happened, but want to deliver on our commitment to providing Texas hunters with a chance to win their hunt of a lifetime. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Posted By: fouzman

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/20/17 12:36 AM

Good for TPWD up
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/20/17 12:44 AM

I got that email too. I will probably probably go ahead and make my yearly donation to TPWD and enter for a few hunts.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/20/17 12:58 AM

I plan to, as well.
Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/20/17 01:08 AM

So we can enter them Friday the 20th? How much are they ? Anyone ever won?
Posted By: dkershen

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/20/17 01:27 AM

Actual mistake? Or creative marketing?? Either way it works. I'll buy a ticket tomorrow. Grand Slam up
Posted By: Blank

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/20/17 01:34 AM

"Creative marketing"??? Not TPWD smile

Duplicity - synonyms: deceitfulness, deceit, deception, double-dealing, underhandedness, dishonesty, fraud, fraudulence, sharp practice, chicanery, trickery, subterfuge, skulduggery, treachery;
Posted By: sbushee

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/20/17 06:32 AM

I buy two or three chances every year. Never win anything but boy, if I could win one of these I would so love it!
Posted By: BassBuster1

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/20/17 06:59 PM

This post worked, I bought a couple chances! Now to get ready for the trips I am going to win...
Posted By: syncerus

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/20/17 07:07 PM

Well, I just gave them some money. Wish me luck.
Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/21/17 02:05 AM

$50 spent, I figured I won't win but hopefully they use the money for something good.

When is the drawings?
Posted By: Wytex

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/24/17 01:50 PM

Well if anybody wins one of the whitetail bonanza tags you could be hunting the family place. They've been on the hunt list for a few years now.
Good luck all, I have my name in the hat.
Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/25/17 07:14 PM

First year I ever registered. Did not care if I won or not.. not sure I would actually take the win if I did as I hate to hunt alone.. heh. We will see, if it ever pans out.
Posted By: Tallman1914

Re: We owe you an apology - 10/25/17 08:22 PM

I planned to enter that
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum