Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting opportunity in North East Wyoming

Posted By: Darrel Foster

Hunting opportunity in North East Wyoming - 10/04/17 06:21 PM

Can anyone recommend a good guide or outfitter in North East Wyoming rifle hunt for mule deer and antelope. Not interested in trophy class animal mostly meat hunts.Thanks
Posted By: HS2

Re: Hunting opportunity in North East Wyoming - 10/05/17 03:48 AM

If you don't already have the tags for this year, you'll need to start looking at next year. I haven't checked for this year, but I think the mule deer season is in full swing, doesn't last long, and the tags are not easy to get.

Re: Hunting opportunity in North East Wyoming - 10/05/17 04:16 PM

Looking at next year do you have recommendation on a good guide? Thanks
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Hunting opportunity in North East Wyoming - 10/06/17 01:45 PM

I hunted on a 60,000 acre farm in the very North East corner of Wyoming back in the 90's. I can't remember the outfitter, and nothing familiar came up when I tried googling outfitters in the area, so they might not be there anymore. My plan was to hunt public land, but after drawing, I received multiple letters in the mail from outfitters offering hunts that where very reasonable. What I do remember is that there where deer everywhere!!!! We would sit along the treeline before daylight and when the sun came out, the deer would just about run you over coming out of the creek, heading to the trees. There where also tons of pronghorn and turkeys there too!!! I shot a 135 ten point whitetail and my buddy shot a nice 4x4 mule deer. From talking to the outfitter, most hunters shoot to early in the hunt and could do better if they held out. After shooting mine, while out looking for coyotes, I saw a much bigger buck, so there are definitely out there!!

Re: Hunting opportunity in North East Wyoming - 10/06/17 08:56 PM

Awesome thanks. I hunted there along the Powder river in the late 80s same king of great hunting all 6 of us tagged out. Unable to find the outfitter we used, I know he passed away. Last name was Powell.
Posted By: Hunter307

Re: Hunting opportunity in North East Wyoming - 10/08/17 02:12 AM

Don't think you need a guide at all. Most of the n.e. pronghorn units are easy to draw, and as long as you have a land ownership card for your gps you're gtg.
Posted By: gusick

Re: Hunting opportunity in North East Wyoming - 10/08/17 04:50 AM

The Flying V might suit your needs. They are in the Hills just outside of Newcastle. It's a lodge with a RV park with a restaurant and meat processing. A lot of their hunts are not really guided, they just point you in the right direction. They lease some of the private land in the area. It's great deer country, both whitetails and mule deer. You can kill antelope pretty much anywhere in Wyoming.

Re: Hunting opportunity in North East Wyoming - 10/08/17 07:24 PM

Awesome guys thanks for the help.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum