Texas Hunting Forum

MagnetoSpeed Chrono

Posted By: Jgraider

MagnetoSpeed Chrono - 09/24/17 08:47 PM

For you guys using it, what do you think of this chrono? I understand you have to watch the strap attachment from walking forward, but other than that, how does it perform?
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: MagnetoSpeed Chrono - 09/24/17 10:19 PM

They work good i have had zero issues been using the sporter model for a few years . You do have to be careful with tapered barrels the strap will slip forward. Get the adapter to connect to your phone
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: MagnetoSpeed Chrono - 09/25/17 02:38 AM

Love it.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: MagnetoSpeed Chrono - 09/25/17 11:20 AM

Is there a difference in the point of impact with it on /off. Seems like it would effect barrel harmonics like a tuner with that extra weight hanging on the end. Always been curious about that since they came out.
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: MagnetoSpeed Chrono - 09/25/17 11:38 AM

Slight impact change not huge. I'll run a ladder tests with it off then do another ladder with the same loads to check fps overall it works real well
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: MagnetoSpeed Chrono - 09/25/17 12:31 PM

After speaking to the guys at Magneto, the poi shift is generally from the pressure bouncing off the bayonet effecting the bullet. The lighter the bullets, the more poi shift was noticed.
Posted By: Teal28

Re: MagnetoSpeed Chrono - 09/25/17 12:58 PM

I really like mine. Havent noticed any POI difference. The shifting of the chrono off the end of the barrel is annoying though.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: MagnetoSpeed Chrono - 09/25/17 02:09 PM

I also have one. Much easier to set up and use than the old optical screen types.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum