Texas Hunting Forum

Pigeon Shooting Locations?

Posted By: Wingman

Pigeon Shooting Locations? - 09/13/17 09:04 PM

A friend of mine moved here from Denmark. He has been telling me that they do a lot of pigeon hunting over there. I would like to hook him up with a location within an hour or two drive of North Dallas where we can go shoot some pigeons(preferably for free). He has his public lands license so if you know of a public dove field that also has pigeons that would work great.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted By: ScrapIron

Re: Pigeon Shooting Locations? - 09/13/17 11:25 PM

there used to be some pigeon shoots up between carrollton an lewisville.. went up there a few times and it was fun but i darn sure couldnt afford to bet
Posted By: ScrapIron

Re: Pigeon Shooting Locations? - 09/13/17 11:27 PM

or drive a little and find the nearest feedlot or grain elevator and ask if you can shoot some. used to kill bunches up north of the colony at the old phillips ranch horse lots

Re: Pigeon Shooting Locations? - 09/14/17 09:42 PM

Quote:
find the nearest feedlot or grain elevator and ask if you can shoot some.

Thanks Scrap Iron, that is the kind of spot we were think of too. Was hoping someone had a known location to save a bunch of scouting, time and gas.

The only feed lot I know of is out near Bowie on US287. Anybody know if they would be approachable?

Unfortunately I don't think Phillips ranch is an option anymore...since it is almost completely developed in housing now. frown
Posted By: DaleGribble

Re: Pigeon Shooting Locations? - 09/14/17 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Wingman
Quote:
find the nearest feedlot or grain elevator and ask if you can shoot some.

Thanks Scrap Iron, that is the kind of spot we were think of too. Was hoping someone had a known location to save a bunch of scouting, time and gas.

The only feed lot I know of is out near Bowie on US287. Anybody know if they would be approachable?

Unfortunately I don't think Phillips ranch is an option anymore...since it is almost completely developed in housing now. frown

I doubt a lot of people are going to be willing to give up their good spots. It will probably take the scouting, time and gas you mentioned.

Re: Pigeon Shooting Locations? - 09/14/17 09:54 PM

Didn't think anybody would care about pigeon shooting locations.

I hope they're not like duck hunters and their spots. bolt
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Pigeon Shooting Locations? - 09/15/17 01:51 PM

Didn't Beaversnipe used to shoot a lot of Pigeon?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum